It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio contest promises Breast Augmentation for prize!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Source: www.metronews.ca...

"Buzz was stirred yesterday over a new Calgary radio contest offering breast augmentation as its top prize, with some deeming it shameful and immature.

The “Breast Summer Ever,” launched by 90.3 AMP Radio in partnership with Desperados nightclub, asks local hopefuls to upload a photo of themselves and provide written evidence of why they deserve to go under the knife for a procedure valued at $10,000."

Ok so.. this contest has been causing a a controversy in my city (Calgary) as this is the first contest here of its kind. After doing a search, I did find another memebr had posted a 'breast of christmas' contest that was done in the states a couple years ago (www.abovetopsecret.com...).

So the question is: Does this really need to cause such a huge controversy? I mean regardless, some women will always want larger breasts! The same as some men wanting larger penises! The way i see it, if you have an issue with the contest, show it by not listening and/or supporting the radio station. To me its not much different than a station giving away a car or a trip.... yes the prize is much more invasive BUT its basically the same thing. I know I've listened to radio stations specifically to win a trip (ie. Mexico) as i want to go there one day. If i can win the trip for free then sweet! If i don't wint, it doesnt change the fact that i want to still go to Mexico. It just seems to me that some people are constantly telling others how they should live their life! Stop it people!!

*Mods, please move this thread if it is deemed to be in the wrong forum**

Thoughts!?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
So, where is the controversy in Calgary, and what is the controversy?
edit on 14-6-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

"Jane Drover, a women’s literature professor at Mount Royal University, was not impressed with Amp’s latest idea.

“It’s part and parcel of a shift towards women shaming in the West,” she said. “It also seems to be shamelessly insensitive to vast numbers of women that are dying daily of breast cancer.”

Plus i heard a segment on the radio of people calling in all mad about the whole thing... To me its just let people live their lives! If they want to win new boobs, let them. If you don't agree with the contest, stop listening.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

I would like to enter this contest.
I don't really want my breasts made bigger,
I just want them up higher.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

My that made me laugh,I know exactly where you're coming from.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
There is a morning radio show in Detroit that has been doing it for years.

Breast Christmas Ever.

Channel 95.5fm

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
We have 2 stations in tampa that do this every year. 93.3 and 102.5

new topics

top topics

join