It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Gold in Fort Knox Real? Ron Paul Wants to Know

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Know why Ron Paul is so interested in a return to the gold standard?

"BECAUSE HE LOVES FREEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOM! *leghump, leghump, leghump!*"

Ahem. no. Because he's hugely invested in gold mining (and vice versa, actually). A return to gold, however quixotic and destructive it would be to us, would see his personal wealth absolutely skyrocket as demand suddenly vastly outstrips supply.

Basically, like any politician, he's out to put a fat roll of bills in his pocket, and if that just happens to screw you over? Oh well, not his problem. You should have been born Ron Paul, you luckless bastard.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
This might be a naive question but I can't help wondering it.

If you balanced the books of all the banks whom the public believe hold their country's gold reserces around the world, would there be enough actual gold in the world to back up these figures, or is it all just a ruse?

Also should you let the Fed get away with saying, as I am sure I read in an earlier thread, that their gold was taken by the Treasury (I think) in the 1930's. I can't personally see a private bank giving its gold away except to its owners and that's not the Treasury.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I don't mean to necro an old thread, but I just saw an episode of Decoded that sparked my interest. They raised a very good question; If there is no gold, why is there increased security? Are they guarding the secret of no gold, or is something else in there that they don't want us to see.

I did find it kind of cheap that when they sat down to eat, they just happened to get the waitress whos mother guarded the vault.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I saw History Channel special about this they said that in the 70s some Senator made a big deal about the gold and he went with some other mucky mucks and they looked at it.

they also said that besides gold there are tons and tons drugs! that;s right pot, heroin etc.

my personal feeling is that Senator couldn't know if the wall of gold he was looking at was just a dummy made out of one layer of of that stuff they sold to China ,it has the same exact weight as gold they cover it with a thin layer of real gold and presto a counterfeit gold bar!

if there was any gold there there isn't after the Bush administration,I thought at the time that he looted it to pay for his Wars and to buy Paraguay

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I watched the same decoded show and they are usually gov cheerleaders and even they admit its all gone and if that became public knowledge, the whole US would collapse. Basically the US is bankrupt and only holding on by the skin of its teeth.

Interestingly not 1 person near Fort Knox thought it was still there.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
i bet all the gold in africa that FK is nothing but an illegal drug pharmacy now

but Ron Paul must have some sure info on somebody to bring this up and challenge it
he has insider knowledge that the gold is gone i hope he blows the lid off this ridiculous sham!!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
i bet all the gold in africa that FK is nothing but an illegal drug pharmacy now

but Ron Paul must have some sure info on somebody to bring this up and challenge it
he has insider knowledge that the gold is gone i hope he blows the lid off this ridiculous sham!!

But if its gone what can we do? I for one think it's time the whole US stands up to the gov,feds,etc. But they are probably preparing for this, just a matter of when!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join