It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Is Gold in Fort Knox Real? Ron Paul Wants to Know

page: 1
33
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Is Gold in Fort Knox Real? Ron Paul Wants to Know


www.cnbc.com

Are the gold bars in Fort Knox really made of the precious metal? Or has the U.S. government secretly sold off the nation's stockpile and replaced it with metal bars that are only painted gold?

Ron Paul wants to find out.

Giving legitimacy to an Internet conspiracy theory that the gold in Fort Knox is fake, the iconoclast Republican congressman from Texas has asked adminstration officials to audit the purity of the nation's 700,000 gold bars held in Fort Knox, according to an internal Treasury document obtained by CNBC.

Paul, a presidential candidate who chairs the House's subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy, had previously called for the U.S. gold reserve to be counted and for a return to the gold standard. He now appears to be going a step further in his request that representatives from the U.S. Treasury Department and the U.S. Mint testify at a subcommittee hearing on June 23 about the authenticity of the nation's gold.
(visit the link for the full news article)


edit on 14-6-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)



+10 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Ron Paul seems to be the only one fighting in the interests of the people. We need more individuals like him to push for the end of the Federal Reserve and bring back the gold standard. Let those international bankers swallow their fiat currency and choke on it.

We should audit EVERYTHING! And I mean EVERYTHING. The government has been selling us lies for so long I would have to look out the window to make sure if they told me it was day time. We should start with the Fed, the gold reserves, Geithner's tax returns, Obama's finances, etc..

Thank you Ron Paul for being a voice of reason

I have a strong feeling that you will be hearing the crickets chirping when they open the vault due to the emptiness of the room.

www.cnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The reserve has already stated that we have no gold but simply a gold "certificate" worth its weight in gold but for a cash value. There was thread up recently with ron paul asking the question but i cant find the damn thing.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO
 


It does seem that Ron Paul is the ONLY one in DC that gives a damn. In today's political climate, I can't see how he stands a chance of getting elected, although I hope that I am wrong. I feel his efforts to inspect the gold at Ft. Knox are all in vain because there are some pretty powerful and influential forces that control the gold, and it goes way above little Timmy Geithner and Bernanke. They are just puppets that serve the same masters... although I am sure that you are well aware of that. At least Ron Paul is trying, and it doesn't look like he will shut up or stand down, and that makes me fear for his safety.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Yes Ron Paul! but it should be a surprise audit ! just show up one day random. This gives them enough time to bring in loan gold bars for show to fill fort knox for the audit . Then taken back to the owners after the audit!

or perhaps there may a false flag operation where some mysterious international bandits stole it in the dead of night!



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The big question is... Where is all that gold? If the theory of the Annunaki is correct then most of that gold is off-world


Hope this isn't off topic but saw a thread on another forum where someone said, what were we going to do if 'they' came for the gold and there weren't any more gold.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I want to marry Ron Paul!



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by RUSSO
 


It does seem that Ron Paul is the ONLY one in DC that gives a damn. In today's political climate, I can't see how he stands a chance of getting elected, although I hope that I am wrong. I feel his efforts to inspect the gold at Ft. Knox are all in vain because there are some pretty powerful and influential forces that control the gold, and it goes way above little Timmy Geithner and Bernanke. They are just puppets that serve the same masters... although I am sure that you are well aware of that. At least Ron Paul is trying, and it doesn't look like he will shut up or stand down, and that makes me fear for his safety.


I think It would be a very dangerous mistake if they did anything with Ron Paul.

Why is it so hard for some people to see the simple logic behind what Dr. Paul has been saying for more than 30 years? You can't have a government backed by nothing, and you can't just keep printing money out of thin air.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
The big question is... Where is all that gold? If the theory of the Annunaki is correct then most of that gold is off-world


Hope this isn't off topic but saw a thread on another forum where someone said, what were we going to do if 'they' came for the gold and there weren't any more gold.


Annunaki theory?


I think the theory is: There are people in the world that are not worth what they eat
edit on 14-6-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
There have only been 2 times in history where crews were allowed in fort knox to show we had gold.

I believe the last time there was anyone public in there was over 30 yrs ago.. Go figure.. The gold of the american people cant be seen by us.. Interesting that.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scoriada

Originally posted by galactictuan
I want to marry Ron Paul!


I like RP but I don't see how finding out that the gold is fake will do anything to help our country. This would just piss off the entire world that owns dollars. Am I mistaken here?


So if I understood right, you prefer to live in the illusion than to face the truth? This will eventually came to light. What's the difference?
edit on 14-6-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I have seen an article on Nexus a few month ago about that very issue.
I'll get back to u with links if I can (and remember), but in a nutshell it is about gold plated metal having the roughly the same atomic weight of gold (get the peeriodic table out !!) and for heaps cheaper. I very clearly remeber a graphic showing a highly unusual peak in gold stocks, whereas production and mining didn't actually follow the trend.

So not only the gold wouldn't be here, but what is would be worthless !



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Congress asked about this in the 70's and a few of them along with reporters were allowed into the vaults to inspect all the gold. We watched the video of it in history class one day.

Also there isn't enough gold in the world to back all the money in the economy so putting us on the gold standard means you have to figure out how to take the difference between what's in the economy and the amount of gold we have to back it and decide how your gonna pull that much money out of circulation without crashing Americas economic system.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animus974
I have seen an article on Nexus a few month ago about that very issue.
I'll get back to u with links if I can (and remember), but in a nutshell it is about gold plated metal having the roughly the same atomic weight of gold (get the peeriodic table out !!) and for heaps cheaper. I very clearly remeber a graphic showing a highly unusual peak in gold stocks, whereas production and mining didn't actually follow the trend.

So not only the gold wouldn't be here, but what is would be worthless !


I think I heard something about China doing the same.

If you get the links, post here ok? Thanks in advance.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Congress asked about this in the 70's and a few of them along with reporters were allowed into the vaults to inspect all the gold. We watched the video of it in history class one day.

Also there isn't enough gold in the world to back all the money in the economy so putting us on the gold standard means you have to figure out how to take the difference between what's in the economy and the amount of gold we have to back it and decide how your gonna pull that much money out of circulation without crashing Americas economic system.


Regarding what you wrote above:


Ron Paul cited this audit of over 50 years ago as the “only one decent audit done”; however, Chris Weber from LewRockwell.com summarized the various problems with that audit as follows:

1.��� Representatives of the audited group were allowed to make the rules governing the audit. No outside private experts were allowed.

2.��� Those government bureaucrats involved were inexperienced in their tasks, by their own admission.

3.��� The entire audit of the largest gold hoard ever concentrated in history lasted only seven days.

4.��� Only a fraction of the gold was actually tested for purity. Later, the officials put this fraction at just 5 percent.

5.��� Based on that fraction, the official committee reported that, in their opinion, all the holdings would have matched their records if they'd all been tested.

6.��� If the audit was accurate, the fact remains that almost 80 percent of the gold went overseas in the coming years. If the audit was not accurate, the amount of gold lost could have been even more.


Source



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
There have only been 2 times in history where crews were allowed in fort knox to show we had gold.

I believe the last time there was anyone public in there was over 30 yrs ago.. Go figure.. The gold of the american people cant be seen by us.. Interesting that.


Makes me think why? But not only see, make some tests too. Do you remember the tungsten bars with a thin layer of gold?




posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

edit on 14-6-2011 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The United States Federal Governments only gold holdings is the plating on the processor pins of all the Government computers....many are now merely leased and not even owned now.


The Federal Reserve is a private bank. Even if it only had 1 gold bar, that property would NOT belong to Congress.

Ron Paul knows Fort Knox is empty. He's probably part of the planning group plotting to start a war in the Pacific to take China's Gold. Poor chinese.....they're going to get SLAUGHTERED. Cooked inside their homes.

I wonder if they have the humor to let a chef click the button to turn on the cookers to cook the chinese alive....cheap dogfood will be a common'...grind 'em up boys.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Ron Paul knows Fort Knox is empty. He's probably part of the planning group plotting to start a war in the Pacific to take China's Gold. Poor chinese.....they're going to get SLAUGHTERED. Cooked inside their homes.


Do you have any source that can support your claims about it? How did you come to that conclusion?



new topics

top topics



 
33
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join