It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW!!! 3,576 guests visiting....383 members logged in....Come on visitors join the discussions..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
@ liejunkie01:

I was lurking around and peering at this website for a long time, so here is a great pretext to start !!

Now, why didn't I feel that instant rush of subscription frenzy ?
The website offered great information as it was, and it didn't feel like I could contribute in any significant way to the wealth of knowledge being offered. I enjoy the fact that skeptics as well as "loonies" share this bit of internet together, and in most case peacefully as far as courteousy goes.
I felt that even though the community was massive and the stream of information huge, there was a definite sense of individualism to the posts, and that is one thing that put me off. I would be one more poster.
But hey ! Isn't it how everything starts ? If everyone think this way, than no one will actually step forward, so I pushed that button, subscribed and here I am !!!
First post, and proud

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animus974
@ liejunkie01:

I was lurking around and peering at this website for a long time, so here is a great pretext to start !!

Now, why didn't I feel that instant rush of subscription frenzy ?
The website offered great information as it was, and it didn't feel like I could contribute in any significant way to the wealth of knowledge being offered. I enjoy the fact that skeptics as well as "loonies" share this bit of internet together, and in most case peacefully as far as courteousy goes.
I felt that even though the community was massive and the stream of information huge, there was a definite sense of individualism to the posts, and that is one thing that put me off. I would be one more poster.
But hey ! Isn't it how everything starts ? If everyone think this way, than no one will actually step forward, so I pushed that button, subscribed and here I am !!!
First post, and proud

Welcome friend. I am glad you decided to join. You can be one more poster that helps solve a mystery, help someone out, or even mildly troll around.
I find myself of in "link land" hours into some threads and do not even reply.

I can be called, or labeled a skeptic and a looney.
...That is alright, I just wanted to add(or sometimes question with humor) to whatever is being discussed.

ATS is what you make of it....... Enjoy.

Sorry for the choppy reply....... I am exhausted.

I am glad you picked this thread for your first post........... Stop by anytime.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Now I am just trying to figure out how I will get a life without a computer and a broadband...

We shall see

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
ive been here to many yrs to remember both as member and lurker, and tbh not a lot catchin my eye atm either
but seriously you lurkers out there........yea you.................put that donut down!!!! thats right u there at the back........stop lookin behind you .....look here at the screen..........thats right.........now this is easy...........click the lil sign up linky at the top there
give us all something to post about and share your idea's conspiracies.

i promise not all of us here are nutters who will eat you alive...................well.................maybe

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

give us all something to post about and share your idea's conspiracies.

I second that.

I have been wondering around the site a bit.

Come on people. Don't let this thread die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

4,499 guests visiting right now.

621 members logged in right now

6,171 members visited in the past 24 hours

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Are you serious?

There is only 621 logged on right now.

Come on lurkers. Join the discussion. Click the button. There are 5,000 of you and only 600 of us. The odds are stacked against us.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I seriously doubt the number of guests is accurate. I've seen this on other boards as well where I know the server they use would be inadequate to hst that high a number. If I'm not mistaken, the ATS servers run on Linux as an OS. Perhaps an ATS IT person can look into this.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well right now we got

4513 visitors and 703 members

come on visitors join in on the discussions on the website and share your thoughts

who knows what can come from it....perhaps you could help change the world!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

come on visitors join in on the discussions on the website and share your thoughts

who knows what can come from it....perhaps you could help change the world!

I second that. I think every time I log on I am going to give this thread a bump.

I will post the new numbers in a minute.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

4,540 guests visiting right now.

570 members logged in right now

6,160 members visited in the past 24 hours

Here is an update.

570 logged on, 4,540 visiting

Looks like there are alot of scaredy cats

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
theres a saying 'you have two ears and one mouth' eg listen more and talk less, i think that fits well for internet forums.
more members = more reposted # from youutube and more 'me too/hi i agree' posts.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

Textmore members = more reposted # from youutube and more 'me too/hi i agree' posts.

I agree....

Just kidding.

One liners are bad,, newbies.

<< 1   >>

join