It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW!!! 3,576 guests visiting....383 members logged in....Come on visitors join the discussions..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

3,576 guests visiting right now.

383 members logged in right now

6,380 members visited in the past 24 hours

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As stated in the title I was shocked to see that there are thousands of guests on the site and only 383 members logged in.... This threads purpose is to get the attention of the visitors to join the discussions and enjoy what ATS has to offer.....I personaly like to read other peoples input and opinions on various subjects and I think that more people should join in...

I know you are reading this.

It is easy, if liejunkie can do it anybody can.....I see there needs to be a kickstart in the system here......Remember, not everybody is evil and there are friends here.........Sometimes it does require thick skin though.........Do not let this deter you in your quest for knowledge.

Spread the word we need new minds and thoughts.......................Not trolls.....

LJ01 out.

edit on 14-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: edited we out of title...sorry..we

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Should I edit the troll part?

I am curious....hmmm...is that poor taste?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

HA lol!!!

sorry but you made me laugh
....Perhaps there are many ppl who just watch ATS threads and feel that they do not need to participate!

I'm curious as to what made you want to participate junkie

The threads of animals die-offs is what made me want to join.

As long as those who watch from the sidelines THINK .... then I have no problem with them

-AS-

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I joined rather recently. But, I'll be honest. There's not a whole lot of threads popping up recently that really get my attention. I could give a damn about recent headlines or people's opinions on current events.
The main reason I even started coming to this site was for the conspiracy theories and paranormal discussions. But it seems lately that all you see are comments on the latest headline or some kind of religious babble.
I do promise however, to speak up when I come across topics that excite me a little more.
Greetings btw

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
hi everyone!
i am a total newbie and i used to lurk here without posting/registering. a big reason for that would have been because it seemed like some people hang out on here soley to eat others alive! but hey! i know there are bad apples everywhere and in everything. i will not let them ruin my quest for knowledge.
i noticed that some just want to be contrary just because. i think that is silly being that this is a conspiracy site. i mean whatever happened to good ol discussions? not a heated debate or stand off where basically one party is being condescending to the other because of their "superior intellect"...

ah but i digress... yes ats could use some more input. that is why i joined! i hope to contribute as much as i can in an insightful as well as thoughtful way in the future.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Eshel

I agree with you there have not been too many of late, that has really caught my attention as well.

Though if we did have new members/minds here, maybe there would be more threads popping up that would grab your attention.

In the end I agree with the OP. Come aboard and give it a try, if you get seasick, you can always leave.

Welcome EternalSkeptic!
edit on 6/14/2011 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

I stumbled upon ATS Googling something maybe 9/11 and I lurked around the ufo and various new topics. I really like Kennedy too. Then I started reading posts that were getting alot of attention but made no sense. I finally felt the need to interject junkie logic...It offends some people and I do apologize quite often....

It is all good....Just do not ask the girlfriend(caugh wife wannabe).

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

Oh, I plan on sticking around until y'all get tired of seeing me. LOL
And I'm already starting to get my thoughts together on posts to create when I hit the magical "20"

Hopefully I can contribute as well as some of the others I see on here. But time will tell if I can hammer my thoughts into words that best convey my ideas. (didn't mean that to sound so poetic lol)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Eshel

But it seems lately that all you see are comments on the latest headline or some kind of religious babble.

You can add the Atheist threads to my topics of interest.

I really get a kick out of some of them and I like to add my thoughts. To the dismay of some, but that goes both ways.

ETA: I also meant to add it is time consuming to make a good thread. Welcome friend
edit on 14-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Eshel

I do promise however, to speak up when I come across topics that excite me a little more.

Maybe this is it? Maybe what we have been talking about recently really isnt the stuff the thousands of visitors want to talk about? Maybe we could have a new poll or something that allows visitors to vote on new subjects that they would like to see?

Or, maybe what we say on here is almost exactly what the visitors are thinking?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Eshel

Glad to hear it!

I look forward to reading your ideas and thoughts once you reach that "magical" number.

reply to post by buni11687

Good point buni11687.

Though we do not know which one it is, since they are umm just visiting.
edit on 6/14/2011 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
That is kind of the way it is with everything in our country if you think about it. Don't get involved, don't vote, my vote won't matter, someone else will say what I have to say, etc...Come on people, we can always use intelligent views, despite the fact that you may agree with someone else. It seems to me that half the time I post my views I am simply stating the views of many in my own way, and the other half of the time no one seems to agree with me. Despite either fact, I still keep posting, because I think it is important.

Despite what you may think, there is usually some small smidgen of a post that is a bit different, that causes someone to think about something in a slightly different way. I think that is great, and that is why you lurkers should post, post, post. I don't have the same view on starting threads, but I don't want to get into that at this moment.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by EternalSkeptic

a big reason for that would have been because it seemed like some people hang out on here soley to eat others alive! but hey! i know there are bad apples everywhere and in everything. i will not let them ruin my quest for knowledge.

Hello and welcome to ATS......This is where the thick skin comes into play....It gets overwheling at times and if you binge on ATS you may require a short vacation from the site..... But then,...back at it.........

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Welcome to all the new comers!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Don't be scrruuuddd.... it's only posting

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
This is like the newbie thread! lol: lol:
I really enjoy this site and have already come to think a different way on some issues! Others are somewhat out there but like everything, I take it with a grain of salt!
I too cant wait to start threads for I have many ideas that I would love to have heard to see if they could be improved upon! As far as lurkers well all I can say is at some point they will jump in when someone hits the right tune with them and they want to speak up and then they have made the first baby step and with know that its not so scary to walk around in here! Some people pay big bucks to go to lectures like Mufon's or John Edwards ( the guy who can hear dead people) but you get that here and get to interact and ask question's all for free!

Yes there is some annoying people here who act like your friends annoying dog that has to sniff your junk,
but just pat them on the head and ignore them the best you can and move on with your quest!
One more thing, I just love the links that people post ,there is some great web sites on the net that I would never know about if it was not for this site!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by thesimonator2000

I absolutely love the avatar. I am currently in an avatar crisis and I cannot figure out what I want to represent what liejunkie is about. Nice post and that about sums up the lurker. It took me a while to say, what the heck,,,,, T&C observed
......,,,and sign up.....

I am not speaking from really that much experince here. I have only been a member for a "longer, shorter" while than you..lol....I just wanted to clear it up that it is a hell of a ride to discern fact, fake, opinion..and whaever else flys your way....It is a great learning experience......ask for links.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

If you tell me what is your favorite topic on this site, maybe I could help you on a avatar. I have many for the moods that I find my self in on whatever day I happen to be tripping on!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thesimonator2000

Right now I am having a hard time figuring out what is my favorite topic....lol

I really get tired of the anit-american sentiment. I also liike to chime in on the atheist threads. I am one.

These two I like to throw in my two cents the most.

American Alien Jesus or something, I do not know..lol..This is my crisis.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I know a lot of people who view but haven't joined and I also know people who have viewed and then joined. I know many people say this site is alot when they joined and that posting is intimidating for some. I have a friend on here who I dont think has ever posted but she would be a great contributor but she is intimidated by the way a lot of people post on here...and that is in the rude attacking sense esp with topics they dont like. Anyway, I think that could be a factor for people as well. I viewed ATS for a while til I just decided to join one day and well I have been there ever since lol

Some of you say you only like certain topics well why not hide the forums on the recent posts page? I hide all political and religion forums so those threads don't show up in my recent posts feed, just the forums I like do

If you dont know how to do it just go to "recent posts" and click the red - sign next to the thread name and it will hide that forum and the posts in it..It is great believe me! I never see political madness

top topics

<<   2 >>

join