It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified and I Haven't a Clue *Photo* - What Did I See?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hey everybody,

Have this photo from the night of March 19, 2011. This was the night of the super moon so I had my camera with me. I was visiting a friend in the country, awaiting the moon to come up to leave and get some pictures. Then I was going to head back home. Several planes were out I noticed, I assumed due to the moon: It was so big and bright!

Well, after taking the pictures I started heading home. I noticed a plane, or what seemed like a plane traveling the same direction as me. I noticed several throughout my 10 min drive home. Well about a 10th of a mile in front of me I saw what I assumed was a plane coming in for a landing at the airport. It went down like it was landing, coming across the road in front of me like it was going to touch down on the runway which is near the highway.. Of course I was driving and couldn't keep my eyes on it the whole time so when I looked up to see it taxiing , it was NOT THERE and it should have been!

Ok so that kind of freaked me out a bit. Well, I scouted the sky around and saw a craft again, whether the same I had seen earlier, I do not know. It kept disappearing and reappearing on me, The last time I saw SOMETHING ? I just grabbed my camera because it just did not look right to me -so I snapped this shot through my window glass. After taking the photo, I saw it no more. My photo only catches the back light and it is blue. I have no clue what this was and can not find a thing online re crafts having blue lights on them. The FAA says red white or green.

Ya'll know what this could be?
Whatever it was - it was like it was messing with me LOL

Please don't pay attention to the right side of the photo ... that is most definitely a reflection.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/147fb35300ce.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 14-6-2011 by SeekerLou because: Added photo

Edit: To show full photo
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ae5fcc90fc4.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 14-6-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

What photo? oh that photo sorry.
edit on 14-6-2011 by rumor21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I have no clue either, but have seen similar ball lightening.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
swamp gas
second line

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
That is a cool photo - very beautiful actually. I hope someone serious will come along to answer you soon...

Come on, ATS. Where are the polite and knowledgeable among us? Hello? Hello....?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tempesillest

It could be the first time i have actually considered swamp gas as well

Apart from that i dont know, it could be a fog band illuminated by something below it

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Aurora Borealis maybe? If you are in the city I think that would be rare, but the suns been active, you never know, and I think there was a particularly nice sized one that would of put on a show around that first week of march.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Looks like lightning lighting up a cloud to me... and you can see normal lightning on the left side of the first picture

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Thanks all for the replies and trying to help!! ...

To respond:

This was definitely a flying craft. It was flying very low , and I barely had time to catch the tail end of it in the photo. Wish I could have captured the whole thing.

It was not lightning nor was it the Northern or Southern Lights. lol nor was it swamp gas.

Some of your replies are humorous and I appreciate the good laughs

The streak that you see is from the movement of the craft. It was a beautiful night - nice weather.

Wanted to clear these things up!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

where was the photograph taken?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Taken while driving in southern middle Tennessee. Thanks for asking... sorry I failed to include that.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Can you upload the original untouched photo to maybe photobucket or some other type site....
It is important to be able to view EXIF data (for shutter speed, etc)....and unfortunately MATS erases all EXIF data

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
this was posted a few days ago www.abovetopsecret.com... in Nashville could it be the same thing?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
runway lights are blue but not aircraft lights as far as i know

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Hi Green!
No time right now . Will try asap when I return. Heading out of town.. Spouse in hospital and I just got word has to go in for some minor surgery. So will do so when I get back in town !

Oh crap, I just looked and was going to paste the exif but for some reason I don't see any data. Am I doing something wrong when I move my photos from my disk to computer???? I don't see any data on ANY of my photos. not even on the animals Setting on my camera?? It's a Sony mavica ..

Hey maybe they have wifi at Hosp.. I'll take my laptop lol.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Hi Dash,

No this was nothing like the Nashville sighting. Although I have to say, a few years ago, we, spouse and I, saw similar - a HUGE triangle craft . But the one we saw had 5 large round lights in v formation. And it definitely was ONE craft.

The craft, this sighting, appeared plane sized.. nothing huge but I don't think was a plane. I only saw two lights on it too which is weird, especially with the tail one being blue.

Thanks for trying.. LOL believe me when I heard of the Nashville sighting, I did go outside. Unfortunately, I never saw anything .

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Again to GreenEyedLeo

Would comply but so sorry there is no exif data. All of my photos show the dpi and resolution, only.

If you or anyone could help me, I'd appreciate it very much. I never COPY the photos from disk to pc , I do MOVE them. So shouldn't the exif be there? Do I need to set the camera to record the date for it to show the exif? Ya think?

HEP
Thanks in advance.
I definitely want photos to show exif!!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Try uploading the photo here.
Here

Or to imgur
I think they keep exif intact.
edit on Wed, 15 Jun 2011 11:53:16 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Looks like a cloud to me. Just the lighting and the shape of the cloud made it look odd at the time. The orange glow on the side is just a light.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Hi TK
Thanks for trying to help but *the exif* isn't even showing up on MY PC. When viewing it, it is totally blank. It will show the dpi and resolution , but nO exif. I need to set a setting or something on my camera. or something? As I said, I do MOVE them and I do not copy from disk to my pc.
Maybe you guys can help me have my exif for all my future photos!. Again thanks in advance.

All I know is I took the photo without the flash ..if that helps .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join