It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Glimpse of the (almost) Impossible....Have we Found our First White Hole ???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This all seems like another way of describing quasars. I'm not sure I'm getting the difference between white holes and pulsars or the massive quasars. Are they saying there is no singularity point in a white hole?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnlyLove
Just an idea,
Could a white hole be on the other end of a blackhole?
dimension wise.

I mean seeing a black hole 'sucks' matter into it and a white hole 'ejects'. Maybe some of the more space savvy people can awnser that.

Ah Oldcorp asked the same question i see. sorry OC need to learn to read entire posts.
edit on 14/6/2011 by OnlyLove because: (no reason given)

I don't think it's possible for them to be connected. But that's just my theory on it.

I would assume also that it's not possible for White holes to exist on this side of the universe.

As I believe the entire universe is one but has two sides (To put it simply, a merging universe).

The Dark universe we live in, where Black holes are and light is our source of energy; And then I believe there is a white Light side of the universe where white holes could only exist and dark is the source of energy. IE There is "Dark suns" there as well. Like someone posted every ying has its yang.

What I believe happens is the Black hole on this side sucks all matter and mass back into the Light side of the universe and the white hole on the other side does the opposite and sucks all the dark matter into this side. As it is where it belongs.

Think of it as a comprimise between Light and Dark for both to exist together. As in the beginning before they started merging, there was NO SPACE BETWEEN THEM and they were equal and opposite "forces" acting on each other. Kind of like the worlds most powerful bullet shooting against the worlds most resilliant shield, What would happen?

EDIT: Actually maybe they could be connected if a blackhole emits the anti, dark matter back into our universe through its singularity. (While at the same time gobbling up matter, and transferring it through a White Holes; Anti singularity) NOTE: A white hole couldn't possibly be visible to us, as it's on the "Other" side but the Matter transmitted through it's "Anti singularity" would be.

I don't expect anybody to understand me.

edit on 14-6-2011 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by consigliere

Originally posted by solargeddon
Your more than welcome folks, I just love the concept of wormholes, so anything that supports the possibility, I am all over like a rash

Unfortunately I am failing in a riddiculous fashion in trying to excite my son in the same way, does anyone have any tips, or ideas on how I can make this all look cool, and attractive to an 8 year old ?

Try some of the pictures of nebula,galaxies and such.The problem is so much of our childrens imagination has been taken away.My daughter is 17 and Ive been talking to her about conspiracies, planets ancient aliens and some other things that interest me since she was as young, if not younger than your son. As long as you plant the seed,it will grow. Just continue to water it and give it time.If that doesnt work,,,flick a booger at it

PS: If hes a sci fi buff,,,theres your angle.Good Luck,,,oh S&F

You brainwashed your child, is what you're saying?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I'm so glad so many have found the article so interesting

Just want to say many thanks for keeping this thread on topic, and positive

Theres definately a real buzz to this thread, and its all of you who have made that happen, its great

If anyone has any info they wish to share about white holes, please feel free to post it up

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Your more than welcome folks, I just love the concept of wormholes, so anything that supports the possibility, I am all over like a rash

Unfortunately I am failing in a riddiculous fashion in trying to excite my son in the same way, does anyone have any tips, or ideas on how I can make this all look cool, and attractive to an 8 year old ?

Try some of the pictures of nebula,galaxies and such.The problem is so much of our childrens imagination has been taken away.My daughter is 17 and Ive been talking to her about conspiracies, planets ancient aliens and some other things that interest me since she was as young, if not younger than your son. As long as you plant the seed,it will grow. Just continue to water it and give it time.If that doesnt work,,,flick a booger at it

. Woah woah woah woah.... Plant the seed n let it grow? Dont you wish to teach your child critical thinkin, and not just negative assumptions? You should never push your child.. You should give helpful information pertaining to how they can find the answer. Theres no always a conspiracy, unless you teach that there often is... Then you'll see them everywhere... You can tell your child what you think and how you feel, but dont think this is a game of how many believe what... If you give them the skills to research, they will discover for themselves..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica

. Woah woah woah woah.... Plant the seed n let it grow? Dont you wish to teach your child critical thinkin, and not just negative assumptions? You should never push your child.. You should give helpful information pertaining to how they can find the answer. Theres no always a conspiracy, unless you teach that there often is... Then you'll see them everywhere... You can tell your child what you think and how you feel, but dont think this is a game of how many believe what... If you give them the skills to research, they will discover for themselves..

We all have different points of view when it comes to nurturing our children, but this is not the thread for that

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

But that matter has to be compatible with our universe. It would be like trying to put a mac thing in a pc. If its not compatible, kaboom.

Absolutely, if the branes touch, you get a BIG BANG. This is why they are now detecting echoes earlier than the universe's age. Black holes, weird as they are, may somehow connect the universes. If gravity gets through, we may even get information about them or communicate e.g. gravity pulse morse code

link for echoes before the big bang: www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

Or perhaps our own universe is just the only one. After all, if everything decays, and dark energy decays in the future, the universe would snap back and collapse on itself. All those waves may just be the puddles of previous collapses and re-expansions.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Very interesting article OP! I wish I understood wormholes, black holes, matter and space/time jargon better, but this thread really opens the imagination up to the possibilities that could lay just beyond our own galaxy! S+F for sure!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Its the same hole or object giving off electrostatic pulses.
The waves either diminish light or create it from nearby gases or ether.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Show him the movie Contact. It deals with the subject matter in a very positive way.
I just bet I am about the 80th person to suggest this jumping in this late in the thread.
Oh well good intentions.
My casual studies of the anthropology of the occult has finally led me around to aliens. What I have discovered along the way is a love for the theories of quantum physics and a love for the greatness of the cosmos we are a part of. This is a new discovery for me, outer space, not totally alien, no pun intended, I was always a star gazer anyway, but this new roadway I'm on has captured me. Thanks for the links. Very exciting indeed.
Advice on the eight year old aside from the movie suggestion. Kids worlds expand outward from themselves from infancy where the world is very very small, to the age of reason and understanding, (reached at its own pace) where we can still only imagine the universe and what it is all about. At eight the world may not yet encompass that much space for your son yet. Get him a model of our solar system to play around with and then take him star gazing. Expand his experience a little at a time and some day he will be where you are now.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I have never seen contact, so that might be a movie to try, something we can do together. Your the first one to suggest this particular film, other suggestions have been Stargate, Star Wars, he saw Independence Day a couple of months ago, and absolutely loved it, especially when Will Smith says the line "Welcome to Earth !"

I know he has an interest for all things spacey, as is evident from his obsession with Doctor Who, and he simply adores the science museum in London, think now might be a good time to revisit

Thank you for your lovely post, I agree, like you I have really got into quantum physics, and space stuff, its all so interesting

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I beg to differ, white could not give birth to the universe, white did not pre exist IMO.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Out of interest, and I know its a little off topic, but in your opinion, do you think everything began with the big bang ? i.e there was nothing before it ?

I'm only asking because I have such a hard time imagining nothing.

Back in the day before cars, but after the dinosaurs people believed in something called "spontaneous Generation" in that literally something appeared from nothing, I think this mainly related to rats because of the plague, so I guess at some point it was imaginable, but sadly untrue.

Anyway back on topic, what do you think?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Out of interest, and I know its a little off topic, but in your opinion, do you think everything began with the big bang ? i.e there was nothing before it ?

I'm only asking because I have such a hard time imagining nothing.

Back in the day before cars, but after the dinosaurs people believed in something called "spontaneous Generation" in that literally something appeared from nothing, I think this mainly related to rats because of the plague, so I guess at some point it was imaginable, but sadly untrue.

Anyway back on topic, what do you think?

There was something before our dimension. One of them I believe was heaven, but that is for another debate. Probably a billion other dimensions like there are billions of stars. Then you get into parrelel universes, so now you have a GOOGLE different universes all swimming between possibly 2-4-5-6-7-8-9D Versus our 3D world. Then you have areas such as "death" and ghost.... Seriously, why would you put limits to this theory? our universe is already limitless, beyond the universes must be a piece of paper with someone holding the pencil.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I totally agree, I was just interested if you might have had the opinion of nothingness before the big bang, but obviously not lol, I think its incredible that nothingness prior to the big bang was ever given any credibility, but I see what your saying, the universe in your opinion wasn't born out of a white hole. The Video at the begining is from 2008 at least, so perhaps they don't even think like that anymore, especially with this new theory of evidence.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I'm so glad so many have found the article so interesting

Just want to say many thanks for keeping this thread on topic, and positive

Theres definately a real buzz to this thread, and its all of you who have made that happen, its great

If anyone has any info they wish to share about white holes, please feel free to post it up

did you watch or see that video i posted on the previous page?
the science team in that video, are already pretty sure super massive black holes (during their active phase) are the creative force from which all the stuff in galaxies, come. so for a white hole to do the same thing, you'd think it'd have to be specialized. this is a very odd news story.

if you put two and two together (both concepts), it would seem they are suggesting that an ACTIVE phase super massive black hole is in fact, a super massive white hole, and then, when it's no longer active it goes back to being a super massive black hole. what mechanism would drive it?

]
edit on 14-6-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Although the video is at least 4 years old, scientists are always chopping and changing, science is progressive, so what was thought even two years ago, can be turned on its head in a heartbeat.

What they need to find though is more "Ralphs" in order to cement the changes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join