It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Glimpse of the (almost) Impossible....Have we Found our First White Hole ???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
reply to post by undo

Although the video is at least 4 years old, scientists are always chopping and changing, science is progressive, so what was thought even two years ago, can be turned on its head in a heartbeat.

What they need to find though is more "Ralphs" in order to cement the changes.

it doesn't make sense that some small random hole in space would create all the stuff in galaxies but it does make sense that the super massive black hole, during its active phase, would. from the center out, galaxies would be built.
posted this before, thought i'd repost it since it was an edit:
if you put two and two together (both concepts), it would seem they are suggesting that an ACTIVE phase super massive black hole is in fact, a super massive white hole while active, and then, when it's no longer active it goes back to being a super massive black hole. what mechanism would drive it? it's like someone's flipping a switch

edit on 14-6-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Good question, although if the same were to be applied to our genes, they turn on and off all the time, just like the flip of a swtich.

With regard to a mechanism driving it, well maybe that could enter the realm of metaphysics possibly, who knows, like you say it doesn't make sense.

Then again does a possible truth always have to ?

Interestingly enough, the vid I posted (which is old now I guess) was poser of white hole big bang theory as a potential, but the article makes no mention of this, and only relates to wormholes, being the more recent of the two sources, I am more inclined to run with the latter.
edit on Tue Jun 14 2011 by Jbird because: No need to quote the post directly above yours

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Very interesting! Thanks for posting. I am trying to understand this. When, a white hole is formed, one small speck of dust turns it black? Matter and light can escape, a white hole? Is a white hole in a black hole? don't know how that would be, just asking. Okay, I'm going to read a little more on the subject. LoL

Found this link hope it helps.

What is a white hole?

A white hole, in general relativity, is a hypothetical region of spacetime which cannot be entered from the outside, but from which matter and light may escape. The reverse of a black hole, in other words, from which nothing, including light, can escape. It is theoretically possible for a traveler to enter a rotating black hole, avoid the singularity at its core, and travel into a rotating white hole which allows the traveler to escape into another universe. That’s all well and good, but while there is evidence of the existence of black holes, which can form through gravitational collapse of a star, there is no known physical process that could form a white hole.

Star and flag

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

well i've been working on this entire subject for a few years now (my sig has a link to my theories on them being mentioned in ancient texts as generated by technological devices and more "natural" examples such as the super massive variety, making its debut in early texts as part of the creative process of the universe).

for example, in the ancient text of the book of 1enoch, are two references that sound incredibly like the guy has been abducted and taken to an active galaxy where he is witnessing a quasar (the active radiation jets emitting from the super massive hole at the center of a completely different galaxy)
the description he offers is almost word for word, the description of a super massive "wormhole" in an active galaxy. it's bizarre and amazing at the same time. i had already suspected that God as creator had been combined with the mechanism used to create, confuddling the two ideas together in ancient texts (think of it like someone telling you that the great pyramid in egypt is called pharaoh).

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

a wormhole is like a tube with a very skinny middle section. matter falls into one end (the black hole) and theoretically escapes out the other end (the white hole). in addition, the theory is that travel in the wormhole would distort time in such a way that when the matter that went in one end finally escapes out the other end, it does so in the past.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This might seem a little odd to mention but it's crossed my mind every time they announce having seen something out there that they really don't understand at all and just have to kinda guess at what it might have been. What would it look like from Earth if we caught occasional glimpses of very advanced technology being used in deep space? Could it be that we'd see it and assume natural anomalies, even if those don't really seem to make much logical sense?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Wow i get so excited when we discover anything new in space. If i wasn't so lazy i would become an astronaut for sure. Everything about space is amazing, and everything in space, dis-pit their size, move around like they are little marbles. It is so crazy to think about how large life is.

Imagine this:
Think about yourself for a sec.
Now think about yourself inside from your living environment.
Next think about yourself in your living environment from outer space.
Now think about yourself in your living environment ,from within in our solar system, and from within our galaxy.
Now think about yourself in your living environment, from within our solar system, from within our galaxy, and finally from within our universe.
Then zoom out and see our universe surrounded by ten other universes, zoom out again and see our universe surrounded by a thousand, then a million, and the keep zooming out until your entire vision is white from the infinite dots of individual universes; if you want to get really crazy then next imagine all of that inside of your eyeball and repeat.

I cannot wait to see what we discover next.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
So would the stuff coming out a white hole be from our past or our future?

And is it our past or future or some one else's? The other end could anywhere in space and time. It could even be in alternate reality or a parallel universe or even in a whole other dimension. The discover of this could very well make us re-write the books on what we though we know about time and space.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

I really like the idea of this white hole theory perhaps. All black holes at the center of our Galaxies have White holes Right near them spewing out this material or They are actually white holes themselves.

This would explain Some things perhaps. Its just a theory But

What if the White holes were actually at the center spewing matter out this would explain why 90% of the stars in galaxies like ours are in the centre bulge of the Galaxy.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8da33e157cc6.jpg[/atsimg]
and after spiraling for billions of years some of the matter was ejected through rotation to the outer edges of the galaxy explaining their shape perhaps. Spiral, Barred or Irregular Galaxies.

More diffuse galaxies say like Elliptical Galaxies Maybe have multiple super massive black holes and or white holes spread throughout so the Matter is not rotating around in a spiral form but more like a spherical Shape Galaxy Which an Elliptical Galaxy is per se.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8fb92ae6021c.jpg[/atsimg]
Just my thoughts.

Also i like the Idea of Parallel Galaxies account for the missing matter and travelling in and out of black/white holes.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c3743efab0b3.jpg[/atsimg]
I don't really like the dark/energy dark matter theory blah!
edit on 14-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I know everyone has already fought of this but. Do you guys think out Universe was created out of Super White Hole. After all this theory says that out a singularity comes all of the energy sucked in. And since we know that matter cannot come from nowhere this could be interesting.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I would imagine, it is neither, meaning it belonged to another universe and is now spewing matter into our universe.
I haven't read the article as yet though.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection

I would imagine, it is neither, meaning it belonged to another universe and is now spewing matter into our universe.
I haven't read the article as yet though.
Yea this is what seems to make sense to me our what is hard to grasp is in how out of the Singularity comes the opportunity to relies all of that energy.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I remember reading about this a few months ago, and I thought I remember someone in the video coming up with an idea along the lines of : Since the white hole is spewing out matter, it is extremely unstable because of how heavy it is (you know how black holes get bigger as they consume more matter?). So the white hole, when it is first created (no word on how it's created), spews out as much matter as it can before it eventually collapses and turns itself into a black hole.

I hope I didn't butcher the theory lol
edit on 2-7-2011 by theshepherd92 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join