It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Gives Netanyahu Ultimatum on Resuming Talks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well, the Boy Blunder is at it again. Apparently, he was so outraged over being publicly schooled and taken to the woodshed that he now thinks he can bully Israel into adhering to his demands.

The United States gave Netanyahu an ultimatum on renewing negotiations with the Palestinians, according to reports cited by Israel Radio Sunday morning.

According to the ultimatum, Netanyahu has to decide within a month whether he agrees to accept US President Barack Obama’s platform and resume talks based on 1967 lines.

Washington is pressuring Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to accede to its proposal to resume Israeli-Palestinian peace talks on the basis of U.S. President Barack Obama’s May 19 speech.

An Israeli source who spoke recently with senior officials in Washington said the Americans were very frustrated with Netanyahu’s behavior, feeling that he was impeding America’s efforts to keep the Palestinians from unilaterally seeking UN recognition of a state in September.

Israel

I really like this summary of Obama's temper tantrum last month:

Temper, temper, Barry...

Shortly after the photo-op meeting and “working lunch” with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, the one that saw President Obama openly chastised by the Prime Minister for Obama’s earlier public comments regarding wanting to see Israel return to its 1967 borders, the president verbally “went off” on Richard Daley in the private study area that adjoins the Oval Office. President Obama’s verbal attack was clearly heard by numerous staff up and down the West Wing hallways.

The essence of the president’s rage and embarrassment can best be summed up with him yelling out very loudly, “What the f*** was that!?” That phrase was apparently repeated a number of times in the span of about five minutes, a time period in which Obama’s voice became “louder and louder” and culminating in Obama exclaiming, “Never again! Do you understand me? Never again!” Any response by Bill Daley back to the president, if given, was not overheard.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
"What the F*** was that?"

That, Mr. Obama, was your master publicly tearing you a new one for not following the rules!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
What a lil sissy! Netanyahu was very clear in his response of Obama regarding the 1967 Lines....it will not happen. He is willing to compromise, but Israel is not a big country by any means. I don't understand what Obama doesn't get about this. He can't bully his way around the world and not expect some form of opposition, even if it is from our allies.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Obama needs to look in the mirror and say that to himself over and over again!!! The citizens of USA are asking the exact same thing!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I must be a retard to believe Obama is giving the Zionists an ultimatum when just couple of weeks ago he gave a speech supporting everything Zionists do and reiterating US's unconditional support for Zionists and their policies.

Yeah, his believable "change" message was believable at the beginning of his career of deceit, but now no one believes a zit coming out of this deceiver. May GOD help America.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Good, I hope Obama puts the foot down. I don't have much respect for Obama but if he does just this one thing I may reconsider slightly.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
tobambi is an idiot when it comes to world politics...he thinks hes still strongarming some neighborhood grocer in Chicago

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
What's the ultimatum?

Netanyahu has decide or what? The only teeth I could see to any kind of ultimatum is when the Palestinians get support for statehood at the UN this fall that members nations support a no fly zone over Gaza, Golan, and the West Bank.

I don't know how the US could participate in such a plan. Obama would never get support for something like that in congress. He didn't look for it though in Lybia.

Makes you wonder what he is thinking.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gibbon

Hes thinking he can get away with anything he wants to...he has so far so why shouldnt he be thinking that way?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It would be fantastic if Obama actually stood his ground and told Israel to smarten up and stop being a terrorist state and let the Palestinians actually "live" like human beings.

But I suppose we'll see how far it goes.

WOuld be great to see this play out where America just dusts its hands of Israel and steps away.

That... would be awesome!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
political fodder
no different than the loud
useless rhetoric you hear
from your fav wrestling
network

put on a show for the cameras
then let's go get a beer

edit on 6/13/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If this is correct, obama is simply fast forwarding his agendas since he knows he's a one-term president.

Netanyahu doesn't need to repeat himself to a man who can't run his own country. This is actually funny

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Awwww, OBummbles feewings are hurt? Nothing new here, his feelings are getting hurt more and more these days because no one takes him serious any more. Who on the world stage listens to what he says anymore?

But I have a bad feeling about that. He is the POTUS and can still do more damage. We should always take him serious, and do what we can to mitigate the damage.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
If Obama stands by his belief on the 1967 border and forces Israel into negotiations my opinion of him will improve tenfold overnight. But something doesn't ring true here. He is surrounded by Zionist advisors so I have no idea why he was told to make that speech about the borders.

Netanyahu's speech to Congress was one of the most disgusting things I ever saw in American politics. The AIPAC bought politicians were literally fighting over who could start the next standing ovation. If that didn't show the world who controlled America then nothing will. These Zionist scumbags need to be reined in. Man, it makes me sick.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This is just a big game. Obama loves Israel.

Netanyahu is playing a game too.

Remember Netanyahu in November 2010?

Hillary Clinton And Netanyahu Agreed On 1967 As Basis For Talks Just This Past November

The Prime Minister and the Secretary agreed on the importance of continuing direct negotiations to achieve our goals. The Secretary reiterated that “the United States believes that through good-faith negotiations, the parties can mutually agree on an outcome which ends the conflict and reconciles the Palestinian goal of an independent and viable state, based on the 1967 lines, with agreed swaps, and the Israeli goal of a Jewish state with secure and recognized borders that reflect subsequent developments and meet Israeli security requirements.”

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Perhaps the US government is pretending to turn against Israel to lure Iran et al into attacking Israel, thinking they won't have the States to interfere. And, when they do, then the States will have all the reason they need to wipe out Iran and the rest of the ever-changing axis-of-evil.

Of course, it's also possible that Obama's been forgetting his meds. If it's not an act, then, I must say, he seems to be going a little off his rocker. Not that he should support Israel, but his demeanor has changed so much that, for him to now go against Israel like this, it seems almost as if the Oval office should be outfitted with padded walls, if it hasn't already.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Good for Obama! If Netanyahu thinks that Israel can stand alone against it's enemies then I say, "Let them do it!" I would cut all foreign aid to Israel as well as military aid and intelligence sharing. Next, I would cut their supply of spare parts for their american made weapons systems. Let's just see how long Israel lasts when they try to stand on their own two feet without american support.

America's support of Israel and it's treatment of the Palestinians is the single largest cause and the driving force behind terrorism against the U.S.. We should either force the Israelis to the negotiating table or abandon them entirely and let them be eliminated by their enemies. Israel should also be called out for their undeclared nuclear weapons and held to account before the United Nations.

Israel is nothing more than a perfect demonstration of hypocrisy at it's finest and our support of them is costing the U.S. dearly in both lives and economic resources. Screw Israel!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Great reply. Deception is always one of the first rules of warfare.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
Good for Obama! If Netanyahu thinks that Israel can stand alone against it's enemies then I say, "Let them do it!" I would cut all foreign aid to Israel as well as military aid and intelligence sharing. Next, I would cut their supply of spare parts for their american made weapons systems. Let's just see how long Israel lasts when they try to stand on their own two feet without american support.

America's support of Israel and it's treatment of the Palestinians is the single largest cause and the driving force behind terrorism against the U.S.. We should either force the Israelis to the negotiating table or abandon them entirely and let them be eliminated by their enemies. Israel should also be called out for their undeclared nuclear weapons and held to account before the United Nations.

Israel is nothing more than a perfect demonstration of hypocrisy at it's finest and our support of them is costing the U.S. dearly in both lives and economic resources. Screw Israel!

So you are openly advocating a Nuclear war? Because if Isreal feels they are going down, they’ll take their enemies with them.

And, by the way, the UN recognized Israel. Palestine has never been a state nor a country. Maybe in the future.....

Looks like you are advocating genocide as well.

Am I wrong? Please tell me so.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

You are wrong, I am not advocating nuclear war. If Israel feels backed into a corner then it's because of their own actions and I doubt very seriously that the rest of the world would just sit back and allow Israel to use nukes against their non-nuclear enemies. It would be suicide for them to do so and any Israeli with half a brain could figure that one out.

Answer me this; Why is Israel allowed to possess undeclared nukes? Why do we condemn Iran for their alleged nuclear weapons program while we ignore Israel's? What kind of a response do you expect from the rest of the world in the face of such hypocrisy?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join