It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Gives Netanyahu Ultimatum on Resuming Talks

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

OR....Maybe Congress saw a Great Leader speak to them that day.

They aren't used to great leadership....

From what I hear many Israelis wouldn't even agree with that statement..

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Hmmmmmm.

Israelis believe our Congress is accustomed to having good leadership?

Pass that over here if you don't mind.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
1. Obama wasn't the first President to say this.
2. What don't you people understand about "mutually agreed swaps"
3. I couldn't find this article on Haaretz.
4. A 'white house insider' insider isn't a credible source. Doubt the temper thing happened.
5. The Israeli PM said the same thing as Obama.

A little bit of (critical) thinking could have saved a lot of posts in this thread. I guess this site is only good for the conspiracies because almost any topic on politics is fully of immaturity and just unintelligent posts. ATS's motto should be 'Stick to Conspiracies'.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
Palestinians chose Hamas as their governance. *They* are the ones who chose terrorists to guide them. And you think we should worry about the sentiment of those that support Hamas?

Some did, many didn't.

However, Israel is no different. They box the Palestinians into concrete cages, deny them basic human rights and food and all the other things Israel has plenty of.

Plus, Israel, up until recently, had full US support and was supplied with various weapons. Yes, some people in Palestine attack Israel with rockets - there's no justification for that. But then Israel goes in with tanks, helicopter and air strikes, killing 10x as many.

As fas as I'm concerned, Israel is just as bad if not worse. They occupied Palestinian land and are simply bullying them into obsoletion with US backing.

I feel sorry for Palestine. Not Isreal.
edit on 14-6-2011 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

ALMIGHTY GOD

DECLARED TO ABRAHAM, ISAAC AND JACOB

THAT HE

WOULD BLESS THOSE WHO BLESSED THEIR DESCENDANTS

AND CURSE THOSE WHO CURSED THEIR DESCENDANTS.

Let's see how that works out for you.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

They chose terrorists to lead them???
And what about the stern gang and all them other terrorists, who have stolen a country? every one of the israeli govt is a terrorist. State was born in terrorism and is still the same today.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
reply to post by noonebutme

They chose terrorists to lead them???
And what about the stern gang and all them other terrorists, who have stolen a country? every one of the israeli govt is a terrorist. State was born in terrorism and is still the same today.

Sorry, I don't get your reply. Are you agreeing or disagreeing? I said *some* of the Palestinian people voted for Hamas (who are defined by the West as terrorists, not themselves) and some didn't, as far as I know.

And to some degree, I also agree that the Israeli govt, from outward actions and policy, could also be defined as a terrorist organisation.

Apart from that... your post makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Obama better pull up his panties and realize whom he is dealing with. This is not Chicago thug politics. Netanyahu
is in another league.....I have tremendous respect for this man. Obama should consider himself lucky that he was
dealing with a leader that still has class.

What an embarrassment for our country. You can blame his handlers, speech writers, whomever, but in the end the President should know something about World History.....Guess he was absent that day. Geeze.........what a clown!!

Pax

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by Flatfish

There will never be peace so long as one nation is allowed to isolate and occupy another by military force and we should not support Israel for their actions any more than we would support Hamas launching missiles into Israel. Our support of Israel in this one sided scenario is the major cause of anti-american sentiment and terrorist acts against the U.S.. The sooner this issue is settled, the sooner we eliminate the need to send our sons and daughters off to fight and die in this current state of constant war that we find ourselves in.

Palestinians chose Hamas as their governance. *They* are the ones who chose terrorists to guide them. And you think we should worry about the sentiment of those that support Hamas?

Yeah and I guess you could say that America chose a war criminal in G.W. Bush too. In reality, I'm not sure that's even true, I believe it would be more truthful to state that he, (Bush) stole the election. How do we know the same thing didn't happen in Palestine? Furthermore, if the truth be told, Israel is every bit as much a terrorist state as is Palestine. Kinda like the pot calling the kettle "black" if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Flatfish

True, but Lybia? There are better causes to go to war than that. But that's another topic. The EU used a lot of Lybian oil. I think that the EU basically told the US, "We scratched your back in Iraq and Afghanistan, now it's pay back time." And used the UN to accomplish that so that world opinion would be ok with it.

As for Israel, I don't think they really want their borders surrounded by Regimes and Kingdoms that are going down in flames, no good can come of it. I'm pretty sure they are quite nervous. I think they over reacted on their borders last week. It'll only escalate in my opinion.

IMO, there is no better reason to go to war other than for humanitarian reasons. Last night I heard Newt Gingrich state, when ask at the debate, that the cost of fighting a war should always be a major consideration when deciding whether or not to enter into said war. Personally, I feel just the opposite. If the cost of going to war for a specific cause is the deciding factor of whether or not we engage the enemy then the cause is not worthy of the fight. Either it's the right thing to do or it isn't and the cost of doing the right thing should never be a factor.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Yeah, that does not tell us #.

Your so-called source lists no sources.

At least the user-name Ulstermann is attached to this article.

And when people make claims like these and provide #ty sources it is not my responsibility to bother.

Of course, I still enjoy replying.

Edit: Give me a primary source.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Marulo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join