It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Gives Netanyahu Ultimatum on Resuming Talks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Regarding Obama's tantrum,

Why is no one wondering why the second article is devoid of sources?

What happened to deny ignorance?

And of course, if anyone can provide a credible source, please do.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
Well, the Boy Blunder is at it again. Apparently, he was so outraged over being publicly schooled and taken to the woodshed that he now thinks he can bully Israel into adhering to his demands.

Why is it that the President of the United States shouldn't expect a little compromise from a country that we pump billions of dollars worth of free aid to?

I applaud the President for the ultimatum. I believe Reagan was the only other president to take a hard line with them. Obama, like Reagan should suspend financial assistance and arms shipments to Israel if Netanayu does not comply. They need to understand once and for all who's in charge of these negotiations... This has been an excuse for arab terrorist for 60 years or so and it needs to be resolves so that the terrorists can't use this as a recruiting tool

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
reply to post by TDawgRex

And what exactly would the world do?
Collectively gasp in horror, then bicker over them bad Israelis in the Security Council.

Answer me this; Why is Israel allowed to possess undeclared nukes?
Because they are state secrets, wow..really? If the cops swing by my house and ask if I have weapons, do I answer truthfully? Why are they there in the first place is my question.

Why do we condemn Iran for their alleged nuclear weapons program while we ignore Israel's?
Israel has not called openly about eradicating an entire nation and her people. Iran has, to cheering crowds.

I still think your advpcating genocide.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

And what exactly would the world do?
Collectively gasp in horror, then bicker over them bad Israelis in the Security Council.

If they launched a successful nuclear attack I'm sure that there would definitely be some gasping going on but for the record, I am in no way responsible for whatever genocide that Israel decides to inflict on others. Furthermore, in the event that Israel did decide to carry out such an operation, I'm sure they would be met with more than Security Council sanctions. I would expect that China & Russia would make it perfectly clear to them that doing so would mean the end of Israel in the middle east.

Answer me this; Why is Israel allowed to possess undeclared nukes?
Because they are state secrets, wow..really? If the cops swing by my house and ask if I have weapons, do I answer truthfully? Why are they there in the first place is my question.

Well first off I have to say excuse me, I was totally unaware that the U.N. mandates regarding verification of nuclear materials only applied to muslim nations and that Israel was somehow exempted due to it's nuclear program being a "state's secret." What a load of cow patties that is!

Furthermore, when the cops stop by your house and you lie to them regarding your weapons, you too would be in violation of statutes mandating that we not lie to law enforcement officials and more than likely face prosecution for such actions. Personally I own numerous firearms, all legally purchased, and I'm not afraid to tell the truth when questioned by law enforcement. I don't know about where you live, but here in Texas, even someone who has a license to carry a concealed weapon must declare it when being questioned by law enforcement. So just exactly what are you advocating? Doing away with the concept that we should abide by the law?

Why do we condemn Iran for their alleged nuclear weapons program while we ignore Israel's?
Israel has not called openly about eradicating an entire nation and her people. Iran has, to cheering crowds.

I still think your advpcating genocide.

Any nation that perpetuates the premiss that if they go down they will take all others with them, is just as dangerous as one that advocates for the destruction of another. And by the way, cheering crowds are a dime a dozen, even idiots like Sarah Palin can attract them.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealTruth84

Then Netanyahu has declared his intent to continue violating international law, and his nation should suffer every due consequence for his decision.

Duh.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Answer me this; Why is Israel allowed to possess undeclared nukes? Why do we condemn Iran for their alleged nuclear weapons program while we ignore Israel's? What kind of a response do you expect from the rest of the world in the face of such hypocrisy?

Twofold reasons.

1) Israel is not a signatory to the Non-proliferation treaty. essentially this means they get to have as many nukes as they want, and are free to trade them to other non-signatories.
2) So why the secrecy? Well, becuase Israel didn't independently develop its nuclear weapons. The technology was traded to them by the US, France, and possibly the USSR - all signatories to the Non-Proliferation treaty. Revealing Israel has nukes "officially" would then point hte finger at these countries as having severely violated the treaty.
3) Iran is a signatory of the NPT. Of course, the claims that it's seeking nuclear weapons is pure garbage (if it were, it could just buy them from India or Pakistan, after all)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

I may be wrong but it seems to me that you think the UN has power over other Nations. And International Law....what a joke. It almost always takes another nation to arrest someone and bring them before an International Tribunal.

And please tell me when any nation has been upfront with the UN? Nations use the UN as a tool, nothing more, to get what they want. It’s more of a propaganda arm for third world nations than anything else today. One that the US props up.

Countries can never actually be friends. Though they can be allies for mutual goals. As far as Israel being dangerous? I don’t think they are as long as they are not invaded. I do not believe in graduated response. You threaten me and mine, you’ll regret it. (That’s not a threat to you personally, just a analogy). I think Israel is using the same tactic.

Unfortunately, innocents on both sides are dying in the meantime. Maybe Jordan and Syria can take back the Palestinians as that is where their ancestral roots come from anyway? Oh wait, they refuse to allow them back, don’t they?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
what makes obama think israel is going to listen to what he wants

when we americans dont.

the mans ego knows know bounds

have a taste of humble pie mr egomanic.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Unfortunately, innocents on both sides are dying in the meantime. Maybe Jordan and Syria can take back the Palestinians as that is where their ancestral roots come from anyway? Oh wait, they refuse to allow them back, don’t they?

Maybe Poland can take all the Israelis back, too, and we can designate the entire region a world heritage site only open to scientific endeavors, like Antarctica.

Ooooor better yet, some mooks on the internet could read the Geneva conventions.

Not saying hte world heritage site is a bad idea, but really, understanding the status of refugees is a lot easier than following that plan through.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Who cares what Obama says or any of the other puppets say or have you not noticed they all lie !

Politicans need money and support and the zionist bankers gives them money and get the other puppets to give them support.

Actions speak louder than words and the USA is acting like Hitler was in the 1930's but Hitler had the support of the German people and Obama can not even get the support of congress, nevermind the people for attacking Libya.

We the people need to stop these puppets before we stand a chance of retaining peace and order

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
error

edit on 13-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Marulo

Regarding Obama's tantrum,

Why is no one wondering why the second article is devoid of sources?

What happened to deny ignorance?

And of course, if anyone can provide a credible source, please do.

It took me about 5 seconds to locate this, from the source link:

Tantrum

Deny ignorance, and learn how to research.
edit on 13-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Answer me this; Why is Israel allowed to possess undeclared nukes? Why do we condemn Iran for their alleged nuclear weapons program while we ignore Israel's? What kind of a response do you expect from the rest of the world in the face of such hypocrisy?

Twofold reasons.

1) Israel is not a signatory to the Non-proliferation treaty. essentially this means they get to have as many nukes as they want, and are free to trade them to other non-signatories.
2) So why the secrecy? Well, becuase Israel didn't independently develop its nuclear weapons. The technology was traded to them by the US, France, and possibly the USSR - all signatories to the Non-Proliferation treaty. Revealing Israel has nukes "officially" would then point hte finger at these countries as having severely violated the treaty.
3) Iran is a signatory of the NPT. Of course, the claims that it's seeking nuclear weapons is pure garbage (if it were, it could just buy them from India or Pakistan, after all)

And I thank you for that response. This is my point, exactly. Any other nation in the world that possesses nuclear arms and refuses to sign the non-poliferation treaty is declared to be our enemy, for example; North Korea. But when it comes to Israel, instead of declaring them to be our enemy, we insist that they are our staunchest ally and that we will defend them to the death. Go figure.

With this type of hypocrisy being openly demonstrated by the U.S., how can anyone wonder where all the anti-american sentiment comes from? What happened to the old phrase; "What's good for the goose is also good for the gander?"

I just wonder how well it would go over if the U.N. decided to give Arizona, Texas, New Mexico & California back to Mexico because they came up with a religious text that said it was designated to them by God. Then they, (Mexico) decided to occupy these states and begin erecting walls and building settlements in them. On top of that, Mexico then utilizes the threat of using undeclared nuclear weapons if need be, in order to sustain their occupied territories. I don't know about the other 3 states but being a native Texan, I would imagine that the Alamo would have to be the size of San Antonio proper, in order to house those lining up for the fight to take back our state and even then, it would be standing room only.

Sometimes we have to put ourselves in the shoes of the opposition in order to fully realize their situation. At this point I am convinced that the Israeli/Palestinian conflict can only be settled at the negotiating table and if either party refuses to attend then we should cut off all support for that party.

There will never be peace so long as one nation is allowed to isolate and occupy another by military force and we should not support Israel for their actions any more than we would support Hamas launching missiles into Israel. Our support of Israel in this one sided scenario is the major cause of anti-american sentiment and terrorist acts against the U.S.. The sooner this issue is settled, the sooner we eliminate the need to send our sons and daughters off to fight and die in this current state of constant war that we find ourselves in.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I may be wrong but it seems to me that you think the UN has power over other Nations. And International Law....what a joke. It almost always takes another nation to arrest someone and bring them before an International Tribunal.

And please tell me when any nation has been upfront with the UN? Nations use the UN as a tool, nothing more, to get what they want. It’s more of a propaganda arm for third world nations than anything else today. One that the US props up.

Countries can never actually be friends. Though they can be allies for mutual goals. As far as Israel being dangerous? I don’t think they are as long as they are not invaded. I do not believe in graduated response. You threaten me and mine, you’ll regret it. (That’s not a threat to you personally, just a analogy). I think Israel is using the same tactic.

I don't know if you noticed, but it was a United Nations resolution that authorized the NATO airstrikes currently underway in Libya. Seems to me that on the rare occasions, when they develop the political will to take action, the U.N. can be quite a powerful influence indeed.
edit on 13-6-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

True, but Lybia? There are better causes to go to war than that. But that's another topic. The EU used a lot of Lybian oil. I think that the EU basically told the US, "We scratched your back in Iraq and Afghanistan, now it's pay back time." And used the UN to accomplish that so that world opinion would be ok with it.

As for Israel, I don't think they really want their borders surrounded by Regimes and Kingdoms that are going down in flames, no good can come of it. I'm pretty sure they are quite nervous. I think they over reacted on their borders last week. It'll only escalate in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

There will never be peace so long as one nation is allowed to isolate and occupy another by military force and we should not support Israel for their actions any more than we would support Hamas launching missiles into Israel. Our support of Israel in this one sided scenario is the major cause of anti-american sentiment and terrorist acts against the U.S.. The sooner this issue is settled, the sooner we eliminate the need to send our sons and daughters off to fight and die in this current state of constant war that we find ourselves in.

Palestinians chose Hamas as their governance. *They* are the ones who chose terrorists to guide them. And you think we should worry about the sentiment of those that support Hamas?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Obama is a Jackal. God said in the bible he will curse anyone who try to divide his land Israel. Every time a sitting U.S. President has come out and demanded a land for peace deal we in America have had a major disaster in the few days following.

Right after Obama told Israel to go back to the 67 borders we had the Joplin tornado outbreak. Thankfully BiBi told him to go pound sand. The day Israel falls back to the 67 borders they will be attacked by everyone in the area.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Maybe Jordan and Syria can take back the Palestinians as that is where their ancestral roots come from anyway? Oh wait, they refuse to allow them back, don’t they?

And maybe the Israelis could move to Europe because it's a fact the majority have NO ancestral roots in Israel..

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logman
If Obama stands by his belief on the 1967 border and forces Israel into negotiations my opinion of him will improve tenfold overnight. But something doesn't ring true here. He is surrounded by Zionist advisors so I have no idea why he was told to make that speech about the borders.

Netanyahu's speech to Congress was one of the most disgusting things I ever saw in American politics. The AIPAC bought politicians were literally fighting over who could start the next standing ovation. If that didn't show the world who controlled America then nothing will. These Zionist scumbags need to be reined in. Man, it makes me sick.

OR....Maybe Congress saw a Great Leader speak to them that day.

They aren't used to great leadership....

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Really? They both have ancestral roots there. Read your history rather than nit picking to fit your world view.

The people in that region have always been in conflict with one another since written history.

That’s a fact.

But now it's all the Israelis fault?

How can a peace agreement be implemented when Hamas and Hezbollah have said they will NEVER recognize a Israeli state and are backed by Iran who said that Israel must be pushed into the sea?

Why even start negotiations if they cannot be conducted in good faith? Give up land and get rocketed, that's a good start, eh?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join