It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I.M.F. Hit by Sophisticated Cyberattack

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijaqd

Anon didn't attack Sony? I thought it did! How did you know, please?

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Do not be fooled. The FBI and CIA have infiltrated "anonymous". They are the ones who are committing these high profiles "hacks" in order to garner support for total internet control. Create the problem, then provide the solution, we have seen it all before.
edit on 12-6-2011 by TheEndisNigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Few things..on a small keyboard, bare with me......Someone asked why would they assume to link to RSA- it's because it was secure ID that was hacked. That's why they used the RSA hack to get to Lockheed Martin.

Other thing, US hackers are better funded than China's IMO. Also MI6 seems to have a crafty, funny bunch.

All this talk of Chase and IMF, looks like the secret service would step in. There's some great whitehat hackers in secret service.

edit on 12-6-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEndisNigh

That may be so, but even a "controlled" internet, is far from controlled. The uniqueness that the internet brings to the table, is that there's soooo many different protocols of communiction that the government cannot control every avenue of information distribution, and as long as two people's systems are connected they can come up with new ways to circumvent any protective measures that are put into place. It really is a hydra of a medium for individuals to share information/content/communication.

Hackers know this, as well as most governments, and the only true way to censor the internet is to simply shut down everything. Like was done in Egypt during the riots. Even then, it took days and is not a long-term solution.
edit on 12-6-2011 by Evil_Santa because: additional information.

edit on 12-6-2011 by Evil_Santa because: hargity blarghity

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I admit, I hacked them. I told them I would give them $10,000 when I get out of Nigeria if they forward me $2000 to help me get home. Those suckers are really over reacting, there's a SWAT team outside already!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
reply to post by Hijaqd

Anon didn't attack Sony? I thought it did! How did you know, please?

Thanks!

Let's clarify, Anon did a DOS (Denial of Service) in April on Sony's main site, they do not claim the PSN hack (and that's not to say that someone that participates in Anon Operations isn't responsible)

The PSN hackers left a folder named Anonymous, which only included "We are Legion", they do not leave "fingerprints" when there is a hack (HB Gary)

The first vid is on their letter explaining that they were not involved.

The third vid at 1:22 clarifies as well.

I think Anon will be portrayed as the Al Qaeda of the cyber war as an excuse to implement net neutrality (or worse).

The PSN hack may simply have been done to turn the majority against Anon and the IMF hack is to scare the rest of the world that don't have or care about PlayStation.
edit on 12-6-2011 by Hijaqd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
It's all lies. Especially considering Obama's fighting words on cyber attacks. Why all of a sudden after Obama came out with his stance on cyber attacks large companies with Government affiliations are being all of a sudden cyber attacked like Lockheed Martin.

Prepare for countdown for worldwide internet censorship under the guise of protecting the internet and its citizens.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The IMF is part of a power structure that desparetely wants a extreem reduction of Internet freedoms. Maybe its a fake. Maybe there is no Cyber attack on the IMF and they are just using it to provoke freedom restricting measures??

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEndisNigh

Star for you bro...
Took the words right out of my mouth...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DigitalSea

Star for you also bro...
It has allready been predicted that all of this would eventually go down...
Why did people vote for him again???

Oh, yah..
Thats right,
CHANGE...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

WIth all the high profile cyberattacks recently, one has to wonder if this isn't all part of a grand plan?

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Of course it is and it was predicted because it was all planned.

Central Intelligence Agency director Leon Panetta told 300 Sacramento Metro Chamber Cap-to-Cap delegates that the next “Pearl Harbor” is likely to be an attack on the United States’ power, financial, military and other Internet systems.
Panetta addressed the Sacramento delegation that includes 43 elected officials and hundreds of business and civic leaders who are in Washington D.C. for the annual program that advocates for the region’s most pressing policy issues. He spoke on Monday, April 19, during the Cap-to-Cap opening breakfast.
“Cyber terrorism” is a new area of concern for the CIA, Panetta said. The United States faces thousands of cyber attacks daily on its Internet networks. The attacks are originating in Russia, China, Iran and from even hackers.

Ambinder continues:
The sponsors of the event include companies with financial stakes in the future of cyber defense — General Dynamics is one — but also companies whose transactions are the lifeblood to the American economy, and who want to foster a greater sense of urgency among the public and policymakers.
In other words, a handful of well-placed corporations stand to make a fortune on the prospect of a cyber attack. In addition, a message will be sent to the Senate warning that it should pass “cybersecurity” legislation (a 2009 Senate bill would have given Obama the authority to shut down the internet).

www.infowars.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

totally agree with you, IT security is a bit of a joke in a lot of corporations (and govts) and it seems that hackers are deciding to act on that lax security. Its often some pretty basic exploits to get in, and once in the information is often stored in plain view, not even encrypted.

I would think that the economic downturn means that there are a greater number of old school hackers out there who dont necessarily have the incomes or entertainment they would like (and at the same time, less cash being spent on proper security).

Plus the kids that have graduated with no where to go. Plus the increasing number of Chinese and other hackers. It was inevitable that hacking incidents would increase.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
apparently im not the only one to think , that radicalization of the hackers as terrorist is a good way to expand/enable more control of the net.
Recently the french president nicolas sarkozy created the E-G8 the theme was moralizing and regulating of the internet. here for the articles
Look like to be a new trend or maybe is it a way , to counter what happened in the middle east and avoid faked virtual personna and faked vid to generate a revolution in a chosen country (because sometime i have the feeling this uprising is fishy and my be a new way to start a cheap war).
I was watching a video on liveleak about the life of talibans who were fighting the ally and for me it looked the same stuff on the american side ,that pretty sad that when you think about it , they think each other they are ennemy because there were told so ...they have both familly children memory and feeling.
Could it be the TPTB is trying to scare the population about the hackers , like they do to start a war and vote some liberticide laws .
I guess that a bit of everything unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I guess our Secretary of State Mrs. Hillary Clinton is doing her preliminary studies.
Evidently, there is an excellent team of research analysts doing there job as well.

Now that is what I call leadership skills. Impressive and decisive .

Got to love Accuracy : www.youtube.com...

Even if I disagree, I will give credit where credit is due.

S&F

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
interesting read so far and i have seen how eager everyone is to point to the fbi or cia but why hasn't anyone pointed to the nsa since they are the group that feed cyber intel down the food chain, they are the group that have the most resources they are they guys that have birds in space, in short, they and nasa are of the same group, so i simply ask why : , is that noone within this thread is aware of there existence or have they been purposely kept off this thread as a name : for reasons that obviously noone would care to explain, im at a loss
. Back to the insanity side of life, sure everything regarding what was mentioned is making sense regarding the intrusions and sure everything seem to fit that a global economic breakdown is right before our doorstep. The euro zone gets hammered by greece followed by spain followed by portugal following along is soon to be italy then the u.k. and now on a simultaneous timeline imf head honcho is behind bars or just about anyway, the usd is getting hammered on all fronts, the arab league cannot control its oil output or its members the middle east is as stable as it always is so there is really no danger there as its business as usual and the asian market is as stable as a roller coaster given that japan's economy has been wiped out due to the recent nuke fiasco (technical or not) so that obviously points to one more nation that has stayed out of the lights and avoided all contact with this technical madness that stands before us, i guess you all might have guessed, why so quiet my humble putin,

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

Are you really still under the illusion that this site is genuine? Yes there may be elements here that are free thinking, but it is needle in the haystack of ignorance. This site was targetted and infiltrated years ago.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zvezdar

Yup, it was an inevitable course of action. The Cyberpunk age has begun, but I still find this thread to be quite amusing, especially the bulk of people that are completely ignoring the information in here that's presented to them about the subject and still propose that it's all a vast conspiracy for more control over the internet.

For example, the whole "president having the ability to shut down the internet." - yes it can be abused, but if another variant of the stuxnet worm is released, this time attacking US infrastructure, I bet someone here would say to shut down the internet as a last possible means of defense, to keep US nuclear plants from melting down/dams from being opened and flooding entire cities of people/traffic lights from being f'd with ala "hackers" (the movie) style, etc. Quite frankly, there's just so much of the world's infrastructure that's tied into the internet in some form that could be targeted by psychopathic entities, resulting in substantial loss of life.

With all of the services tied into the internet, and a bulk of modern business movements requiring online access, hitting the kill switch on the internet in America, in my opinion, would have similar short-term and long-term affects, that the president would unleash if he used "the football". At a minimum it would send America back into the dark ages, with a great depression that envelopes the world.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa
reply to post by Phenomium

Because people make mistakes. Anonymous has a public access IRC channel, and has no issues advertising it everywhere. A federal agent just has to keep a "bot" in there, that's logging everyone's IP address that joins. It just takes one time for a member to forget to turn-up their TOR network, connect via a proxy, or saying something that personally identifies them.. and they're toast.

Well, in that case, I suspect they did Anonymous a favor then.....cutting away the fat for them. When you take the mistakes away from an organization like Anonymous......you have just helped them to become more organized. In essence,....isn't Anonymous a little more perfect now that 3 of their weak links are gone?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
reply to post by niceguybob

Are you really still under the illusion that this site is genuine? Yes there may be elements here that are free thinking, but it is needle in the haystack of ignorance. This site was targetted and infiltrated years ago.

He's right, this site was infiltrated years ago. Unfortunately, for the government plants.....they are so obvious in their attempts to discredit that they stand out like a sore thumb. I guess that a Satan Worshipper might be noticed in a Christian church pretty fast because of the gulf in belief paradigms. My point is that they don't think like we do here so they are easily noticed by their attempts to manipulate, deceive and alter the flow of free-thinking contexts into a dumbed down, zombified, government point of view.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Hey while you guys are in their systems, change the interest rates to 0% for the entire world. Also send inflation the other way for the first time in history!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join