It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I.M.F. Hit by Sophisticated Cyberattack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

"We are aware of the threat, and have taken appropriate action," an IMF spokesman told the WSJ.

Wow... that's embarassing!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hahaha! They must have been using
HBGary for security...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

That's what I keep asking myself. WHY tell everyone they caught hackers? What's the purpose?

Too scare off other hackers? Or justify WHY they have to have more control over the net?

Seems like a perfect false flag. But you would think they would create a bigger one wouldn't you?

Seriously...Shut down a grid? Or traffic lights? Or like someone said..LAX?

SCARE the HECK out of us..and SOLUTION?

ALL information is tracked.. I thought they already have that capability? No? Can't they already track everything in real time now?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
To me the best quote was, in response to the "cybervigilante group Anonymous" threat, "We are aware of the threat, and have taken measures."

Why don't they just publicly issue a challenge? When you proclaim to have "taken measures", you basically drop the gauntlet and issue a "LULZ" challenge.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I'm not following. What sort of challenge are you suggesting?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

What about the 'peons'? You don't mess with folks like that and not expect a serious reaction.
It's high time Big Corp took their fair share of unfair.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

By "challenge" i mean...it would be easier to use an image and an article to explain it to you:

"Keep your money, we do it for the LULZ"

And then HBGary:

Link

The HB Gary/Wikileaks/Anonymous scandal keeps getting more interesting...and more disturbing. Wired reports that HB Gary Federal was "nearly out of money" and desperate to secure some contracts, hence the desire to make a high-profile splash. As it turns out, infiltrating and publicly taunting Anonymous wasn't the smartest choice; and Anonymous has released yet another batch of emails they lifted from HB Gary's servers.

The squeaky wheel get the oil.
edit on 11-6-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

So next do we get leaked documents from an anonymous source stating the economies of many countries are FAR worse than we were told??

There's usually a reason for these leaks....

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

So next do we get leaked documents from an anonymous source stating the economies of many countries are FAR worse than we were told??

But we already know this, i somehow think its not about the economy but rather to tag all humans under the disguise of money will no longer be used as a means of transaction above the 100 dollar mark. From here on personal chip's or id's will handle transactions from consumer to consumer provider and so on and thus the new age will be forced upon us as no means of transaction will be allowed as it will be considered as fraudulent intent or otherwise.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I'm still not clear on what sort of challenge you thin the IMF should issue to these 'hackers'

your link doesnt work, btw.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

I'm still not clear on what sort of challenge you thin the IMF should issue to these 'hackers'

They shouldnt issue one. That is my point. There assertion that they have "taken measures" amounts to a challenge.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

They shouldnt issue one. That is my point. There assertion that they have "taken measures" amounts to a challenge.

To openly invite and accept such a challenge goes against everything being anonymous. On the other hand, they could at some point announce, "hey guys here is our site, lets see you take this down"

Ill be accepting bets in all currencies but would prefer land within the north or south pole as the reception there is wicked on a planetary scale

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

You do realise that by taking measures,, they mean installing Norton,,, right,,they are windows platforms,, right?

lol

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

You do realise that by taking measures,, they mean installing Norton,,, right,,they are windows platforms,, right?

lol

Press Next > Next > Finished > Restart....You are now fully protected to surf the internet

lmfao

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Picture this,,,,,German Bavarian Castle,, lightning,,,(pick uniform )

"Yes Mr. Gates u thought u could hide?,, insert maniacal laugh and whip sound,,

You told us we would be unpenetrated,,,whip sound,,,

"Gates Screams,, but i'm not a Script Guy!" call Weznizniak(,?),, ,, repeat whip.

mmmm lol

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
they say this happened months ago.

why release the info now?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

no grand plan. They have given the tools of gods to the children of the poor. This is what happens.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

The article is short on details of who the attackers were, but I find it funny that the reporters didn't add in the possibility of anonymous being involved since they publicly announced their support of the people of Greece and put the bullseye on the IMF only few days ago..

International Monetary Fund Braces For Possible Hack Attack From Anonymous

According to the Wall Street Journal, an IMF spokesperson confirms that it is taking measures to safeguard against a possible hack attack from cybervigilante group Anonymous.

"We are aware of the threat, and have taken appropriate action," an IMF spokesman told the WSJ.

WIth all the high profile cyberattacks recently, one has to wonder if this isn't all part of a grand plan?

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

False flags so they can police the Internet? You may be on to something

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
********************THIS JUST IN FROM REUTERS*******************
sorry nothing more than a tweet at this stage, but IMF are not blaming anon but good old inter-country espionage it appears ?

FLASH: Goal of cyber intrusion at IMF was to install software that would give a nation state "digital insider presence": security sourc

cant really link a tweet?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

"Goal of cyber intrusion at IMF was to install software that would give a nation state "digital insider presence": security sourc"

IF that's the case, I woudlnt be surprised if it was the US who initiated the attack. They seem quite concerned with the direction the IMF had been taking in the months leading up DSK's arrest.
Also, you should be able to link to a tweet. Go to the original tweet and click on it in the feed. it will give you a ink for the specific twat.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join