It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New ATS Divide: Cats Vs Dogs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
For me, I would have to say dogs.

I think they are cuter, (depending on the breed), and I think they are far more useful to have around, as far as protection .

I don't dislike cats , but I just find dogs more approachable, and more loving...as well as more loyal.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Dogs have owners,
Cats have staff.

I have usually had both in the same ratio...2 cats (always siamese) and one dog (something terrier)...I will admit though that I will always have cats.

Dogs? Meh...if I can care for them properly.

Cats have the added bonus of being able to be left for a long-weekend without planning; leave a really big bowl of food, a slow drip in the sink (or the toilet seat up) for water and a cleanish litter. All you have to fear is what they are going to get into with no long-term supervision.

On the other hand of course scientists are questioning how big an effect dogs truly had on the evolution of humans and the development of our society. There is growing thought that the domestication of the dog was not just an early technology but a defining moment in our advancement as a species...a turning point.

So dogs have that going for them.

The division is not dog vs cat, it's pet-owner vs non-pet-owner. Unlike children, maintaining a pet is purely at the discretion of each person. Ignoring situations of cruelty or abuse, I find it comforting that so many people volunteer to provide for another creature's life.

It may not be much, but it's something.

edit on 10-6-2011 by [davinci] because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I would favor my Pitbull over any of my cats, but when it all comes down to it we all know that Tweety Bird is always the winner in the end!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well, cats being my one of my favs, and feeling more cat like than dog pack-like...
Having both at home and working with animals in general, I still can't choose!
Both have great and different options for any person as a companion.
Just don't fall for common stereotypes and you'll meet a new best friend regardless of species.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Dags FTW...

only dogs will be there for you through anything. sure some cats may be loyal but during a fire, earthquake or flood its always wheres the CAT OMG wheres the CAT...

cats are cool i have had many.. but cats like to be wild they aren't pets, like someone else mentioned Cats are not pack animals like dogs.

we all have our place one thing we can all agree on is stop the breeding for PROFIT there are enough animals that need saving on this earth.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I love all animals and have always had cats and dogs as pets.

If I had to choose now cats would win as I have two 6 month old kittens who are cool, these cats are very dog like, they will follow me round the house, they come when called, they play fetch etc
The only reason I dont have a dog is because I live in an apartment with no backyard and dont have the time to properly exercise or care for a dog.

For this thread as Ive chosen the cat side I think Deniro in meet the parents says it best

case closed.

CATS RULE!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Yes, Cats. No, Dogs. Wait, both! I like both. Both have won!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
remember folks spay and neuter!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
remember folks spay and neuter!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I am truly convinced that the only reason cats haven't killed us all is that they haven't quite figured out just how to do it yet....

edit on 11-6-2011 by Skippy1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Who wins? Cats.
Because cats have staff and dogs have owners!
My cats have me and my husband well trained.
He works to pay for their nummies.My jobs are to sift
their litter pans everyday.Keep fresh water in their bowls.
Keep fresh food in their bowls.To clean up after them if
they get sick or hack up a hair ball.To drive them to the
vet and back.Brush them everyday with that nubbed glove.
In return,they allow me some space to sleep in bed and
a corner on the sofa.

edit on 11-6-2011 by mamabeth because: added

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Who wins? Cats.
Because cats have staff and dogs have owners!

I guess if you call working for your pet a winning scenario...it only is for the cat.

That's why I say dogs win..they'll be there for you when SHTF..most of the time.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

My cats can catch mice and bugs.
They don't bark and have to be walked
on a leash

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Cats.

You can leave your cat at home while at work and not feel bad about leaving it alone or worry about having poop all over or destroyed property.

Lower maintenence.

Takes a different approach to earn a cats affection.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Love all the comments and vids in here. Anyone keeping a tally on who's winning?

Animals are so comical and affectionate and just plain awesome!!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
these are all so good! speaking of dogs i better go check on mine........time for some din din

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well, my cat never clears the room with it's flatulence, runs off, needs a bath or eats 40 dollars of food a month.
My dog on the other hand, can defend me, make noise when alerted, ride in the truck with me, and reeks with sentience, so I would have to say both because they offer different attributes. One is more active(dog) and the other reactive(cat), and part of the scene, so to say. I guess if I had to pick, from a position of neither to start with, it would be a dog cuz they are more of a companion at home and in the field.
Zen

Tiverz

Peace,
spec

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Adorable dog and cat you have there! I have always lived in apartments with small yards which wouldn't be good for a dog, so cats have always been my companions.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think my dogs purposely sit down next to me and pass gas, but I love them anyway. Husbands do that too.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

And cats have tuna breath.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join