It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya mission has cost Canada $26M!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Again, Canada has an army?????

What the hell is the world coming to?

How exactly does the Canadian Army go about its deployment?

Does anyone actually ask for help from Canada?

I know that Canadians have a reputation in the medical profession for self Cutting (American Journal of Medicine) so maybe this is their basic training to join the Armed services.

I remember Canada claiming they had more influence in WWII than the USA. Because they joined the war earlier they still claim they did more!! But they lost more troops than any of the overseas allies. They use this as their yard stick of how involved they were.

26m? Who cares, its war. Money needs to be spent. Unless, maybe Canada really is just sending Beavers over armed with extra sharp teeth. Then 26m is not quite the steal they thought.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by testtubebaby
Again, Canada has an army?????

What the hell is the world coming to?

How exactly does the Canadian Army go about its deployment?

Does anyone actually ask for help from Canada?

I know that Canadians have a reputation in the medical profession for self Cutting (American Journal of Medicine) so maybe this is their basic training to join the Armed services.

I remember Canada claiming they had more influence in WWII than the USA. Because they joined the war earlier they still claim they did more!! But they lost more troops than any of the overseas allies. They use this as their yard stick of how involved they were.

26m? Who cares, its war. Money needs to be spent. Unless, maybe Canada really is just sending Beavers over armed with extra sharp teeth. Then 26m is not quite the steal they thought.

Dude... why you gotta hate so much?! Seriously! Cutting? I personally would never say that Canada had more influence in WW2 than the US....Yes we lost a lot of troops, but we are extremely proud of our efforts in WW2 as well. I think you're missing the point that its 26M spent on an illegal war! 1 dollar spent on an illegal war is wrong!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by testtubebaby

My only response to your post is this:

Go repeat that to any US Military personnel that have served alongside Canadian Forces.

May I suggest that ensure your health insurance is paid up prior to following my advice.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I was looking through my receipts when I saw this on the news and I can't find the one that I must have paid that allows the Govt to use my money for this?

If I find it, I might be able to at least get a tax refund or something? Even the HST refund would help.

I also don't remember voting for this?

hmmm.

think you meant GST ..cause if there is another tax refund I'm missing out on I'll be pissed

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by testtubebaby

That response was very immature , and for your information the Canadian airforce was highly regarded during WWll,
Ever hear of a man called Intrepid? Not too mention the Canadian achievements on ground.

Still don't condone them spending that sort of cash for the UN...but Canada and its hierarchy is just as involved with NWO agendas , as much as the US hierarchy is.

Its not about countries anymore...its about the people behind the scenes manipulating for their agendas.

edit on 9-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist
And why is the US dragging Canada along for the ride?

Your N key keeps typing S.

It's a UN mission, and the US did not 'drag Canada along". To imply so is very american of you, as it implies Canada isnt a country that makes decisions. The US is not the UN. The US is a member of the UN, just as Canada is.

Canada is a member of the UN and chose to enforce a UN security resolution. Perhaps you should familiarize yourself more thoroughly with the issues before making such inaccurate descriptions.
edit on 9-6-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Who said anything about being unaware?

I, and most Canadians, are far too aware of what interest the US has, and will have, in Canada.

To claim that the US defends Canada, when no one, except the US, has ever attacked Canada is a failed arguement.

Who do we need to defend ourselves from?

Who has the logistics capabilities to attack us with enough resources to conquer our current military?

Why are you asking the same question you asked previously and I already answered? Th answer is russia, and has been for 60 years. You ARE aware they are VERY close to your border, right?

I'm not 'defending' Canada's cozy relationship with the states. I'm just pointing out why it exists. YOU may think Canada would be 'just fine' without their relationship with the US, but the history of your country since ww2 sings a different tune. Canada readily accepts the military might associated so close to their border. It has allowed them to NOT spend as much on military themselves, enriching social programs you all hold dearly, like Health care.

I understand that anti-american sentiment is popular in canada. I live here too. It' popular in the states as well. But you shouldn't let it cloud your ability to see the world as it is. As much as you may hate US Policy, to pretend Canadian policy isn't inextricably linked is foolish. And if you think that neighbor to YOUR North is benign (Again, it's russia, since you keep forgetting), then you might want to learn more about all the struggles over the arctic just beginning to unfold.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Man, so much hostility! What was the issue about again . . .?

The point of the matter is that Canada has spent millions of dollars on attacks that could have gone to much better causes. Like taking care of our own debt maybe???? Enough of the 'Canada is better/worse than' its a waste of breath.

WE SPENT MILLIONS OF DOLLARS THAT COULD HAVE GONE TO SOMETHING A LOT MORE USEFUL.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mattime

absolutely true. But, as others have pointed out, as far as Canada goes, that's a pretty paltry sum. They spent 1 BILLION on security alone at the g20/g8 meeting.

But, sure, they could have paid for health care for a few more months.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

The US spends billions trillions to defend the US and the US only.

Don't forget about Israel!

edit on 6/9/2011 by freakjive because: emphasis mine

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Not a chance will we take orders from the UN. Things are going to change here ASAP. Its time to make it. Collective in commmunities. Tshirts, and websites. Its time to wake up the public and have them toss the leaders out.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Tongue was firmly planted in cheek...

I was and still am totally against this NATO endeavor.. but I think most of us here are clued into why in all of the events, similar in fashion, that are occurring currently in the region, Libya was chosen as one that deserved NATO's intervention..

It's about protecting those who seek freedom.. right?

If only that were true
Don't forget that you are wanting the same entity that supplied Mubarak with arms to have invaded Egypt to help implement "democracy"

I know you mainly mentioned Libya but it's the same thing with Egypt is it not?

Also sent loads of money to Libya, the FED did, you may say oh that's the Arab Bank which Libya later bought shares in. Sure, but that's the point on why you don't do that

Remember we put Mussaraf in power, a military dictator almost that had a state of emergency on Pakistan while A WOMAN(Bhutto) rallied for real democracy with Mussaraf's opposition supporting that initiative, very different from thew view the media portrays Pakistan as.

We have to remember the past

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

i think your sarcasm detector might be on the fritz.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This is slightly off topic, but still on topic...

It appears that NATO has issued the green light on Gaddafi:
AboveTopSecret

I believe that has further implications for all economies involved, as there will now be a reason to stay in Libya to oversee the transitional government.

edit on 6/9/2011 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

what a thread this is.... looks like if there ever is a US revolution we can count on the people of canada... seems like their government is on the same path... man how history repeats itself...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I meant no harm towards Canadians with my post.

I was merely making light entertainment of the Canadian Military.

Canada is a fine Country in theory so please do not take offense.

I just do not see why people get so worked up over a sum of money spent on War when more money is
going into the pockets of the corrupt.

I forgot that a sense of humor on ATS is frowned upon.

Anyway, the beavers were not intended to be the butt of any joke.

Good luck to the Canucks with their ice skating finals on Friday.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Ridiculous, why talk about how much the attackers spend, talk about how much Libya has lost through the bombing and the intentional stalemate of the war by NATO terrorists.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
I think maybe americans and canadians should unite, we both need a revolution it seems

Canada is following in the US footsteps at an alarming rate, increasing every day.

With the integrated security that may soon be impossible. Best to do it quick!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by testtubebaby
I meant no harm towards Canadians with my post.

I was merely making light entertainment of the Canadian Military.

Canada is a fine Country in theory so please do not take offense.

I just do not see why people get so worked up over a sum of money spent on War when more money is
going into the pockets of the corrupt.

I forgot that a sense of humor on ATS is frowned upon.

Anyway, the beavers were not intended to be the butt of any joke.

Good luck to the Canucks with their ice skating finals on Friday.

Even in your apology you offend. Canada isn't a good country "in theory" It's a great country in actual physical reality. well loved by it's people and many people of the world.

We get upset because WAR is corrupt whose pockets do you think we're against?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

its because of Stephen Harper. He's a facking IDIOT, a Canadian version of George Bush.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join