It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New & Young(er)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I have recently decided to join this lovely community, after nearly a year of lurking. I have grown a deep-rooted interest and inner fascination with conspiracy theories, alternative ways of thinking, and various foreign viewpoints. My top two favorite sections would have to be Theology and the Paranormal. Both have become increasingly noteworthy to me, as many have expressed their unique opinions and theories as to how things are the way they are.

I try to keep a skeptical, though non-dismissive attitude when skimming through various threads, and I without a doubt encourage different points of view. I say this, because I too have dealt with ridicule and derogatory accusations, as I consider myself a 'sensitive' or someone who can 'pick up' on certain things in regards to those who have passed on. I have given numerous readings in my teenage years, and have provided results. I hope to implement my viewpoints and experiences in the posts I construct, and hopefully together, we can have an interesting conversation or two!

I try to not allow my age to come in the way of my pursuit for clarity and knowledge. Considering I am 15 years old, this has at times been a problem in regards to people dismissing my views and opinions as merely the ramblings of a hormone-stricken teen. Thus, I find that this community is probably the best place to be, as I am sure there are others like myself. I hope this is the beginning of a wonderful journey, in which knowledge will be acquired, and ignorance denied.
edit on 8-6-2011 by DeviantMoon because: Grammar corrections.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DeviantMoon

Welcome to ATS, your opinion is as valid as anyone else, although you may find people discriminate on age but the majority will listen to your views; just be prepared for the onslaught

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Considering I am 15 years old

Don't worry about it, fortunately age is pretty Irrelevant here. I know this as I've been a member for a while now, I post a great deal and I'm in my teens also.

Anyway, welcome to ATS! I hope you enjoy it here and I look forward to reading your future posts. That was a great intro as well btw.

Cya around..

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
welcome..to me age doesent matter..its how your head is screwed on that counts..some things here you have to take with a grain of salt ..dont worry just use your head..like the fish said..just keep swimming

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Hi DeviantMoon, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Welcome and be blessed! Hopefully you will bring a much needed new aspect to the site.Sorry to say it is getting rather dry with new topics as I am sure you are aware of. Good to see the youth embrace knowledge.Bring on the new my friend and do try to follow ATS structure,many (even old hats) have simply become self absorbed.Look forward to your posts/threads.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Welcome to ATS

Thank you! I will most definitely take that advice in mind when posting.

Originally posted by Rising Against

Considering I am 15 years old

Don't worry about it, fortunately age is pretty Irrelevant here.

This has most definitely provided great reassurance, thank you!

Originally posted by Sauron

Hi DeviantMoon, and welcome to the Introductions Forum

I appreciate the welcome, and thank you for the helpful information!

Originally posted by Cyberboiraves
Welcome and be blessed! Hopefully you will bring a much needed new aspect to the site.

Thank you! I appreciate the advice and the warm welcome!
edit on 8-6-2011 by DeviantMoon because: Less clutter.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Welcome Youngling! Brush off those eggshells and join the flock!

I laugh because age is irrelevant really, the only way age is judged on ATS is by your writing skills; need we say more! You are obviously far older than the other squabs we have squawking about!
edit on 6/8/2011 by Greensage because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
Welcome Youngling! Brush off those eggshells and join the flock!

I laugh because age is irrelevant really, the only way age is judged on ATS is by your writing skills; need we say more! You are obviously far older than the other squabs we have squawking about!
edit on 6/8/2011 by Greensage because: spelling error

I sincerely appreciate the compliment and the lovely welcome you have provided! I will look forward to seeing your future threads/posts.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Ayup youngen.
An English expression for welcome young person. Maybe you know this already

It has previously been mentioned but wether you're 15 or 50 age isn't important here.
Your contributions are the things people will judge you on. After reading your excellent OP
I dont think you have anything to worry about. Once again, welcome

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Since you are interested in theology I sincerely recommend you to read the book Zhuan Falun in my signature link below. That book is unique and was sold in 100 million copies in China during the 90s before the communists banned it. It might be just what you are looking for(the supernormal abilities are explained, the third eye, how to become a good person etc etc).

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by rykc27

Ayup youngen.
An English expression for welcome young person. Maybe you know this already

It has previously been mentioned but wether you're 15 or 50 age isn't important here.
Your contributions are the things people will judge you on. After reading your excellent OP
I dont think you have anything to worry about. Once again, welcome

Thank you very much!

Originally posted by Night Star
Hello and welcome!

Thank you!

Originally posted by Gaussq
Welcome to ATS!

Since you are interested in theology I sincerely recommend you to read the book Zhuan Falun in my signature link below. That book is unique and was sold in 100 million copies in China during the 90s before the communists banned it. It might be just what you are looking for(the supernormal abilities are explained, the third eye, how to become a good person etc etc).

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

I definitely plan on looking into the book you suggested. Sounds like it's right up my alley! Thanks again everyone.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Welcome. I'm only a few years older than you and new as well. I've learned that your age doesn't matter here. Just be wise and don't feed trolls.

new topics

top topics

join