It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dept. of Education breaks down Stockton man's door (with a SWAT Team!)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Fire Through the door and demand a negotiator if you're able to detect the team.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
I really am starting to worry with all the recent reports like this...and I'm actually beginning to think that we're moving dangerously close to a police state...this is wrong and needs to be stopped...

That's cute.

What you don't realize is that you are only reading the book and are halfway through it. The book was already written and the end is already there, you just have yet to see it.

The phrase "You won't realize it until it is too late" is applicable here.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

then i must be lucky as i had the cops out here recently for an unrelated matter and they didnt ask to see a lisence for my pitbull or any of the other dogs in my home dont have to register the guns either even have a few with out serial numbers but montana is nice kalispell isnt a bad part of it so i may just be lucky

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Kalispell requires dog licenses: www.kalispell.com...

You might be in noncompliance with the glorious law.

edit on 8-6-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I'm sure a large percentage of pet owners are in non compliance of that law. It only comes into play when your dog gets out and you have to retrieve him from the pound that I've ever heard of. Just a fee they can tack on. Or if you have an asshole neighbor they can call the oinkers and they'll send out animal control to make sure your in compliance if they wanna push the limit.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
Theres a simple fix for this folks PAY YOUR DAMN BILL'S YOU BUM'S easy all fixed.

Don't make excuses here:
This is clearly over the top use of force. if it's not overdue student loans it'l be parking tickets or questionable internet browsing history.

Like said above" What were they going to do if they "caught her"? Pull down the assault gas mask and Ask politely for a check?
edit on 8-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

thanks for the info from what ive seen the cops out here are frendly and my dog is NEVER off leash off my property and only likes eating sea gulls(Long story) but i might have to look into registration to just be safe live out in the booines so i dont think town laws are as inforced out here (4 neighbors is nice!!)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
For what it is worth, my good friend is a lawyer and she was just aghast. She kept saying there is no law against being in default on student loans, that there MUST have been some fraud or something connected with the loan that was an offense that you could be arrested for.
But the fact that they used SWAT really got her gall.

I think - THIS IS MY OPINION -
that maybe the student loan bubble is fixing to bust and they come out with some story like this that is GOING TO get sprayed all over the place - and boom -people that can't pay or fixing to not pay are suddenly putting student loans above food and mortgages....because honestly, WHO wants swat at their door because they can't pay a bill? Who wants to risk their children's and pets lives because they can't pay a bill?

This is oppression - I don't care what she did - it seems like willful intimidation of the populace to me. A populace with horrid unemployment figures and levels of poverty. SHAME.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The source article can't be found(news.10.net)? That's odd?
I'm still paying them off for loans...wonder if that makes me a target...
Still wrong, no excuses for breaking down a door because of defaults.
I'll check back for updated article info when found.

Town Hall
Video removed,
Youtube video posted on closed-double ATS post, removed from Youtube: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Bad/faulty reporting and they are trying to remove it? or TPTB coverup?
edit on 8-6-2011 by dreamingawake because: concerned

edit on 8-6-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2011 by dreamingawake because: fixed

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7thcavtrooper
Fire Through the door and demand a negotiator if you're able to detect the team.

You try that buddy...see how far that gets you. Fire a weapon within 100 miles of those SWAT piggies and the only thing you're gonna be negotiating with is the business end of an MP5.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Wow wow every day we see alot of Police men becoming increasingly very similar to the Gestapo

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Even though this whole story is bizarre and frightening, I find it to be equally as bizarre regarding the way in which law enforcement conducts "search warrants" now, even for non-violent crimes. Since when did it become normal for an entire SWAT team to make a tactical entry to conduct a search warrant?

Everything about SWAT makes them a 'kill' team. They are ready to lay waste to everything the way they are geared up, and it often leads to that. So why have them conducting "search" warrants?

10-20 years ago, search warrants for non-violent crimes were mostly conducted in an orderly, calm fashion. With a knock on the door, questions, and a search. Now they just send a kill team. Just pray you're not holding a knife in the kitchen, when they bust through the door in 5 seconds, while you're standing there in your underwear.

Honestly, this country sucks. Others are not much better, and are slowly starting to look more like this. It might be time to make another search for other places to live.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
WOW! I wonder if there is more to the story.

I have known a few people who have defaulted on their federal student loans and this didn't happen. In every instance that I am aware of, the government garnished their wages for defaulting.

I think your question is right......there is more to this story.........a swat team for an outstanding student loan....I don't believe that reason...there is definitely something else going on with the woman and why they are really looking for her....the powers that be gave that lame excuse of an unpaid student loan...but I believe they are not telling the truth. They are hiding something...the question is what?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Is there anything they don't use a paramilitary force for these days?

Now that every department has them they just have to use them I guess.

I cant wait for the day they kick in somebodys door because their dog license is a day late.

Hmmmm... Could we all pitch in to hire a paramilitary to capture and kill (or at least interrogate) those who we suspect are guilty of making our society miserable? Ya know... like governments of the world do to civilians who couldn't even imagine committing crimes that those we want out the picture have done?

No?... Damn.

There must be a list of untouchables that even the paramilitaries can't touch.

-AS-

ETA: I must agree with caladonea when she says that this show of force is basically a ruse for something else.
edit on 8-6-2011 by AeonStorm because: eta

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'd rather deal with SWAT than debt collectors, to be perfectly honest with you.

Police atleast have some understanding and appreciation for the law(even if the law might be wrong). Actual debt collectors will break the law and have you properly beaten up.

The story is of course ludicrous, but I'd welcome the police after my experience with one of Britain's best dect collection companies, prized for its quality

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Well, the copy of the search warrant would have been given to the resident. I would love to read that-that is what will provide one with what the reasons were and what they were permitted to look for (and seize if located/discovered).

As of now, all indications it was for a student default. In the story the D or E person said they asked for a uniform officer and it was the locals that went in with the SWAT Team.

Well, of course, you have the Locals saying they didn't do any of the arresting or searching etc.

Someone is telling some little white lies-IMO.

He needs a really good lawyer-who will strike fear in the Feds by their reputation alone.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
One step more towards a totalitarian nazi state; some would argue we're already there. I find it even more mind-boggling that you have these "SWAT" and "law-upholding" police who are completely brainwashed and seem to follow orders no matter what. When tptb start issuing out orders to commit massacres on peaceful protest, commit genocides, organized torturing, among other things, these "police" who originally took their job to protect us will become the most ruthless and cruel of enemies. The question is, WHY and how could these people do such things to fellow human beings? They must be literally brainwashed; conditioned in some way to follow orders no matter how heinous, because the appeal to an authority alleviates them of any guilt; their conscious will become void of any empathy, sympathy, mercy, or rational thinking. It's only getting worse; and eventually the people WILL need to completely revolt. SWAT team or not, nobody will be barging into me or my friends houses and possibly killing my family, then use their corrupt power-driven ideologies to say the innocent people deserve it. Who will it be; the government/elites and their desensitized, soulless drones? Or us the people who want to live with freedom, liberty, and prosperity; free from any and all oppressors.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well i have said it many times when will people bring charges of Domestic Terrorism against these terrorists its amazing i haven't seen anyone try it at least give them a wake up call and to encourage others to file the same then maybe they will get the drift what they are doing is in fact Domestic Terrorism and if many people file the same charges for similar events maybe they will change there tune but on the other hand maybe not but hey we can try can't we. C'mon People Fight for your Freedom already

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
A lot of people have thought it a bit strange that a SWAT team is used for a student loan defaulter.
I think their suspicions that this story was just a bit bogus are well founded.

"While it was reported in local media that the search was related to a defaulted student loan, that is incorrect," Hamilton said. "This is related to a criminal investigation. The Inspector General’s Office does not execute search warrants for late loan payments."

huffington post

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Perhaps, America should be a cash only society. No more loans. No more credit. Period. Then, no one will have to go through this nonsense of unwarranted breaking and entering someone's private property and nabbing the wrong person to boot.

That's a lesson we all can learn. Don't take out loans/credits/mortgages if you can't afford to repay.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join