It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dept. of Education breaks down Stockton man's door (with a SWAT Team!)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
From the article:

Stockton Police Department said it was asked by federal agents to provide one officer and one patrol car just for a police presence when carrying out the search warrant.

Stockton police did not participate in breaking Wright's door, handcuffing him, or searching his home.

So, who's S.W.A.T. team was it then? Was it the Dept. of Educations S.W.A.T. team?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cybermerc

So, who's S.W.A.T. team was it then? Was it the Dept. of Educations S.W.A.T. team?

Apparently it was.

If that aint horrifying I dont know what it.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Weird! I wonder what on earth they could have been searching for, it's not like she had stolen merchandise or they needed to repo something. It's a debt! What the heck are they searching for?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

What would they do if you had an overdue library book?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
reply to post by anon72

OH SHIZZZZZ
I got TWO overdue books...if that's not horrifying enough I just got a student loan in MARCH 2010
Oh hell, I'm doomed.
To those whom said there is no debtors prison, ever owed a parking ticket or court costs? I sat in jail 28 days for a fine, a FINE that is a debt, Yes there is DEBTORS jails they are county jails so not exactly prisons.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

reply to post by anon72

I have my Mom's 'Home Economic's" book from when she was in High School, 1956. It is issued like a library book in that each student had to "sign it" as they accepted it. Her name was the sixth entry!

I could not imagine what the bill is now! OMG!!

Back to the OP: This is astounding, so much so, this is one of those rare times when my jaw literally dropped! OMG is an understatement!

We do know that the Student Loan is the only Debt that cannot be expunged!

I would be very cautious if I had a Student Loan, very very cautious! This is one excuse that empowers "the powers" to drag a person to a Work Camp that may spell a lifetime of dirt yards and barbed-wire.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I have my Mom's 'Home Economic's" book from when she was in High School, 1956. It is issued like a library book in that each student had to "sign it" as they accepted it. Her name was the sixth entry!

Better return it, they are probably still using that 1956 book as a current edition, knowing the standard of schools these days..

edit on 8-6-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Greensage

Better return it, they are probably still using that 1956 book as a current edition, knowing the standard of schools these days..

edit on 8-6-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

No, Greensage needs to run and hide, the assessed fees will be too much, let the family deal with the storm troopers, that is what the family is for.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
you know this country is screwed when you can no longer telll the difference between the real news and the onion news!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Here is a link to the news video.

I can't view it now.

I hope someone can to see if there is more to the story.

someone brought up an excellent point... what the heck were they searching for (for 6 hours!).

link: www.news10.net...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Beat me to it just found the story on before its news

FnS for the thread

epic how the evil banks own our gov and by extension us wont be long until we see those slaver prisons pop up all over the USA. Miss a payment welcome to pink undies and slave labour.

ps this link has the vid as well

______beforeitsnews/story/698/737/Dept._of_Education_Fed_Swat_Team_Breaks_Down_Mans_Door_Over_His_Ex-Wifes_Unpaid_Student_Loans-With_Video.html
edit on 8-6-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

i was thinking the same thing til i got to looking, it is the real news, we are in a Gestapo state ZIG BUSH!!! www.news10.net... ZIG OH BAMA just does not work.ZIG BUSH does but what is this??? from the link

The Stockton Police Department said it was asked by federal agents to provide one officer and one patrol car just for a police presence when carrying out the search warrant.

Police officers did not participate in breaking Wright's door, handcuffing him, or searching his home.
cops would never lie.

edit on 8-6-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
What the hell happened to the country I once knew as America. This sickens me. We have criminals in DC getting away with everything under the sun and now a SWAT team storming citizens, children, for a student loan not paid back on time. Sickening is all I can say.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
its just more scare tactics. "comply or you're next"

there is no law anymore. it took 15 swat members more than 6 hours to sort this out? thank god we only have a few months of this left.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The story has been pulled from the 10 News site. Wonder if they had a S.W.A.T. team visit of their own?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
USA is more out of control then ever. Wonder what the bill for Merkel´s medal will be.... guess its the nuclear bomb shelter thing in the eifel.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cybermerc

Well, the IRS and EPA now both have armed response units, so perhaps the DOE is next in line for the cool black SUVs, flack jackets, lace-up boots and 9MM pistols.

Seems like while the government is doing about everything it can to attack our 2nd Amendment rights, they are looking to put a pistol in the hand of every government employee.

I'm getting worried about my next visit to the DMV

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

wait there are places your suposed to get a lisence for your dog? where is this new or have i been uninformed of some law? ontopic yeah sending a dang swat team for studend loans thats nonsense and keeping them locked in a car for 6 hours that seems a bit much and mildly illegal depending on age of kids.....the times we live in

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
here is the up date on this seems there is more to it www.news10.net... from the link

A U.S. government official confirmed for News10 Wednesday morning federal agents with the Office of the Inspector General (OIG), not local S.W.A.T., served the search warrant. The official would not say specifically why the raid took place. He did say the search was not related to student loans in default.
so what was it?? oh yea that explains it from the same link

He went on to say OIG is a semi-independent branch of the U.S. Department of Education that executes warrants for criminal offenses such as student aid fraud and embezzlement of federal aid.
so it was not just the loan it self, but how she got it.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Just about every town in the US requires you have a license for your dog.

Owning a dog, any dog, is like owning a gun. Funny enough I live in a place where there is no license or permit or anything to own and carry a gun but if I'm late paying for the dog license renewal the cops come knocking.

Only in America.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join