It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dept. of Education breaks down Stockton man's door (with a SWAT Team!)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I have student loans I need to pay back also but I can't find a job so how I see it is, they can wait until I feel ready to pay these loans back. At least in these days where it seems people are having so many financial problems. So if any SWAT team were to bust into my apartment and try to come for me then I will be sure to give them something to arrest me for.

I mean, the government and a lot of people in it are corrupt as hell and screw over groups of people with money and taxes and yet nothing happens to them. But if you can't pay back student loans quick enough, a SWAT team comes in? Screw that, fight back.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
Step 1. Make education so expensive you have to take out massive loans
Step 2. Destroy economy so even with education you can't get a job (to pay loans)
Step 3. Arrest you for not paying your loans.

The plan is complete. What garbage this country has become.

Is it just me or does this sound an awful lot like how the mafia handles their affairs? I thought of this just by reading the headline. This whole scenario is just too effed up to be true...but it is and where does that leave us?

I think their should be a concerted effort to protest this action by everyone missing one student loan payment for the same month.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I was late to the party - the DOE already has an armed enforcement unit

“The Office of Inspector General is the law enforcement arm of the U.S. Department of Education and is responsible for the detection of waste, fraud, abuse, and other criminal activity involving Federal education funds, programs, and operations. As such, OIG operates with full statutory law enforcement authority, which includes conducting search warrants, making arrests, and carrying firearms. The acquisition of these firearms is necessary to replace older and mechanically malfunctioning firearms, and in compliance with Federal procurement requirements. For more information on OIG’s law enforcement authority, please visit their Web site

voices.washingtonpost.com...

Comforting

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

The story appears inaccurate:

He did say the search was NOT related to student loans in default.

Source.

edit on 8-6-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It was a year or two ago the US Department of Education submitted a contract announcement on FBO.GOV (Federal contract website) looking for someone to sell them lots of shotguns.

You can do some googling to see the gun forums were chatting this was coming long before it came.

If the US Dept of Education is buying shotguns they must be expecting to have to use them to collect....and Education Agency ending up getting Police/shoot/kill authority.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I work at a place where adults have lost everything due to their addictions. Most of the people are encouraged to go back to school and get student loans to live off of , buy computers and such. Most that go that route, take the money , quit school and start their addictions again. They then are stuck with these loans they never plan on paying back.
One guy, the govt gave a loan to go to college, needed a note taker. I asked " What's a note taker?" He said," He can't write , but like at third grade level, and someone would take notes for him in all his classes" WTF is this guy going to college for?
Then I read in the newspaper where down syndrome people are going to college and they have note takers and such. It said it was letting down syndrome people get to have that college experience .

I always wondered why the govt was throwing so much money out there for student loans and trying to get people( that shouldnt even be going to college) in debt.

My conclusion after seeing this story... THEY WANT YOU INDEBT, the more they can get under their thumb the more control they have. Student loans cant be done away with under bankrupsy. THey must be paid back.

If the DOE thinks you can afford to pay back your loans and you dont ....your committing FRAUD. Once they decide your committing fraud.... THEY BREAK YOUR FRONT DOOR DOWN AT 6 AM and drag you out.

THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Yes, I read it more closely:

OIG is a semi-independent branch of the U.S. Department of Education that executes warrants for criminal offenses such as student aid fraud and embezzlement of federal aid.

Well, I guess we will have to wait for the investigation to be completed before we see any more from the Gov't.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

That link gives a 404 error...

Found the page and it clearly states that this had nothing to do with student loans.. that agency investigates fraud.. so obviously that is what they were looking for.. read the article before you post it please.
edit on 8-6-2011 by aceto because: added more

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
why do I smell a law suit
in the making ???

it'll just get thrown out of
the circus court as being
trivial.

what a crock !!!

one of these days, they are gonna do
something like this to the wrong
person and it's gonna turn into
another Waco TX.

Then before you know it,
there will be thousands of Wacos
happening at once.

this was completely unnecessary and
abuse of power.

Absolutely correct.

One of these will eventually be the spark that ignites the wildfire across the nation. Everyone is pushed to the brink, and the entire country is a tinderbox. They keep pushing and pushing, but the population is starting to feel cornered, and eventually someone will push back at just the right/wrong time.

Tick......tock........tick........

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by aceto
reply to post by anon72

That link gives a 404 error...

Found the page and it clearly states that this had nothing to do with student loans.. that agency investigates fraud.. so obviously that is what they were looking for.. read the article before you post it please.
edit on 8-6-2011 by aceto because: added more

edit on 8-6-2011 by getreadyalready because: fixed embed

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
They send a swat team for a default student loan?

If you believe that then you are truly blinded by hatred for the police. There is more to the story and hopefully we will hear it.

Most likely was..like they kept harassing her, or him, and one of them ended up losing their cool , and saying something with some violent connotations. Then the loan people have it on tape, and can use it as an example violent threat.

Really sad , that it has to get to this though... a lot of people get angry and say things they would never do , when constantly harrassed,and pushed to the limit.

Like you said though..there is more to this story..has to be.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
aha..just saw the fraud post...but honestly..a whole swat team for fraud?? C'mon..what overkill..is that how they got Bernie Madoff?

Edit: I just watched the video, and didn't hear anything pertaining to fraud?

wow..
..things are getting really bad in your country...people using swat teams to combat student loan debt....large numbers of police officers arresting someone for comments.

What I find the most ridiculous, is how the really bad criminals (in power)..just keep getting away with all their lies...
over and over again.

Just shows what a screwed up unjust world we live in, and its only going to make people angrier, as it gets worse.
edit on 8-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

First the Fed help militarize local law enforcement. They then went on to militarize departments of the executive branch. They want everyone armed to the teeth EXCEPT the people.

Just about everyone here should now expect that at some point in their life, the government will send an armed team to search or arrest you for nothing more than their pleasure. America is not a free nation, but merely an Illusionary Republic where people grasp at the historical freedoms and try to claim them as their own.

I don't look forward to the day when the fed shootout comes my way, but at least after I won't have to deal with the daily emptiness of having seen any sense liberty disappear in my lifetime.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by aceto

what are you talkin about?

Please post the page you found. And yes, apparently the page I first link has since been taken down. It did work as I checked the link before I posted and I am sure others saw it also. there was nothing about fraud in it.

And watch that video COMPLETELY before you make your assumtions Sir.
edit on 6/8/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

If anyone owns stock in The Onion, they might want to dump it now. Real life is now a parody of itself, rendering formal parody redundant.

Saw this on a website referring to the raid. Thought it was relevant.

This is disgusting. Welcome to the United States of Amerika.

Linky

A little opinionated for my tastes, but the comments are informative.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The UPDATE: According to the new article the OIG raided the house because the wife of the man is under criminal investigation.

It sounds to me like the lady applied for student loans and somehow swindled away the cash instead of spending it on going to school. Who knows, this woman probably racked up $100,000 in student loans over a period of years, needs to now repay it back, and in their investigation realized the woman swindled the cash.

Personally, I feel that a SWAT raid is still completely unnecessary. I'm sure sending 2 OIG agents to the front door would have sufficed.

My question now is....HOW MUCH DID THE S.W.A.T. TEAM RAID COST TAXPAYERS???

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The story is now on Drudge. I love it when I beat him to it. (or any ATS member).

He also had the link up to the aritcle of the Dept of Ed wanting 27 shotguns.

Education Department buying 27 shotguns
voices.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

So you think that people deserve to have their doors beaten down, be swarmed with a SWAT team, and have their young children traumatized over some student loan debt? I mean, I understand where you're coming from, but the outrage here is over a relatively small thing eliciting a response like they were doing a bust on a serial killer's house or something.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If it is a federal case I am sure this women is connected to something much larger than simple fraud and these guys played their hand and the people linked to that woman are now gone. I feel very sorry for the man and his children but everyone has a job to do. This happened in Florida a few years back during a large bust with mortgage companies. They were using people to file mortgages and someone's wife was involved and his house was busted. It sucks but it happens.

Don't worry, all of you who have student loans outstanding are still ok..

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I really am starting to worry with all the recent reports like this...and I'm actually beginning to think that we're moving dangerously close to a police state...this is wrong and needs to be stopped...swat teams are for hardened criminals or gangs not average citizens

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join