It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Pets Quake'ometers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This morning June 7, there was an earthquake in Missouri.
www.kmov.com...
It's been discussed in the thread, 'Quake Watch 2011'.

Last night, my cat (I have 2) was acting what I call "fritzy". Sometimes I call it "fritzyditzy". They are 8 and 9 years old (human years) so they're not kittens. Where they will scury around and behave like they just drank a cup of strong coffee, be rowdy, defiant, bold, and I think they are having fun, but then they'l (or he'l) (sometimes just only one of them) mew with anxiety. I know my cats and know their different mew indications, and I know an anxious mew. This behaviour is not only uncommon for the most part, but I have been keeping tabs on earthchanges like earthquakes, in the news the next day, following a night of this behavior.
It's been consistent so far.
One cat is like that with earthquakes, and the other, is like that with developing (but not yet seen heard and felt)severe thunderstorms.

I was wondering if you all think pets are all consistently 'meters' like that, or like people, are some more sensitive and specialized with it, than others.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

I honestly believe animals know way before we do when a natural disaster might occur.
Here is a link you might enjoy....
www.petquake.org...
They have a map with recent reports of pets gone wild and links to sites with similar interests.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Verrry interesting! Much thanks for the link!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I've been meaning to look into this some more. Rememer the huge earthquake and tsunami in 2004 in the Sumatra area.

Apparently an entire village was saved from the Tsunami, because they saw all the animals heading inland to higher ground, so they followed them. Shortly after, the tsunami came in and wiped out their village.

I may look into this later. will post something back if I do and find something.

EDIT: There is this though. Is it odorless to animals? www.livescience.com...
edit on 7-6-2011 by EthanT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I find this subject very interesting. I asked this question a year or so ago here but I never got any real reponses. I haven't had the time to really look into this science as I would like to. But I will say that we look to animals for so many other things such as " cadavier dog, scent dogs, etc. Dogs that can smell cancer on people. They have a keen sense of smell. And I feel that this is a science that we have not given enough time too.

I have lived with and raised dogs all my life. I have seen first hand how my dogs have been with my children and my family when it comes to protection. They sense things and I guess smell things that we just don't get. I think alot of it is that we as humans do not use our own senses the way we did back in the day when we didn't have 911. It is a very interesting science.
I would be willing to really get into this, if others were also interested. I guess I just need someone else I can relate to, to really spend the time and energy to do it. I'm not lazy. I guess I would say I would like someone to converse with along the way.

Anyway interesting subject. Looking forward to this thread.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Rupert Sheldrake has some info along these lines, and whether animals possess "psychic" powers:

www.sheldrake.org...

www.sheldrake.org...&R/audiostream/index.html#earthquakes

Some of it is pretty interesting

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Thank you EthanT. I will read this. But not tonite. It's late here and I have worked all day. But I will comment again tomarrow.

top topics

join