It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA sends US marshals to seize elderberry juice concentrate, deems it 'unapproved drug'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

FDA sends US marshals to seize elderberry juice concentrate, deems it 'unapproved drug'

www.naturalnews.com

(NaturalNews) Wyldewood Cellars, a Kansas-based producer and distributor of elderberry juice, is the latest raid target of the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which recently sent US marshals to the company's winery in Mulvane to confiscate the "unapproved drug." According to the rogue agency, Wyldewood had violated provisions in the US Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) that restrict health claims for food items, warranting the sudden invasion.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
My God ... elderberry juice!

It's time to get the Free Speech About Science Act passed. There are many natural beneficial products out there that cannot get the recognition they deserve thanks to the FDA. This is partly because there are revolving doors between the FDA and big pharma and monsantos. Everybody is worried about government takeover of private interests, while they forgot to notice the current takeover of govt agencies by private interests!

Anyhow, many natural supplements such as Tumeric, Astaxanthin, amongst others, have a growing body of peer reviewed scientific evidence supporting their medicinal usefulness. Yet, the FDA will never give them any credence!

Maybe they'd like to outlaw elderberry juice altogether?

Can you tell this frustrates me to no end, lol.

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 7-6-2011 by EthanT because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Elderberry juice? My god, man, it's not been tested or approved! Now, go on and make sure you drink your fluoridated water, high-fructose corn syrup-laced foods, aspartame-loaded drinks. Oh, and don't forget to stock up on your GMO foods next time you're at the store, too. Might as well, soon we're going to see headlines like "FBI raids family home for illegally growing organic vegetables" Because you know that's coming.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I wonder what kind of health claims it had.

EDIT: Here is the Wyldewood Cellar's statement on the FDAwww.wyldewoodcellars.com...

Here, you can view the nutritional information of the juices www.wyldewoodcellars.com...

edit on 7-6-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

Nice to meet you EthanT, we share some common beliefs.

It seems to me there is much evidence they are trying to back-door in codex almentarius, which is a very, very bad thing as they list essential vitamins and nutrients as BAD FOR US!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yep. Especially since organic foods may be potentially hard to come by soon.

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
the FDA knows they just can't out right ban it. but they just want to make it really hard and expensive to get to the stores. plus their probably making some kind new drug and don't want alternative to any new drug .

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The world is just getting madder and madder with every passing day.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Amazing....

There is a meth lab in every trailer park in every city across the US and the marshals go after elderberry juice.

Somehow this makes sense as I watch America become some kind of surreal parody of itself; completely controlled by big pharma, big energy, and Walmart.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'm from this area (although I've recently moved). I used to get this stuff all the time. Tons of people swear by it, it's quite beneficial. Unfortunately, the goal of the government is on it's way. Reading the comments on the local newspaper (kansas.com- this is the Wichita Eagle that everyone in the surrounding area reads) is pretty sad. There seems only to be about 1/4 of people who see what's happening, the rest believe that the FDA are right for what they did. It's just horrible.

Not to mention, that little winery doesn't make a ton of money. Sure they were at a point where they were able to ship out of town, throughout most of Kansas at least, but they couldn't have been making tons. I'd been there, it's not that big.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I think it should be a law to run every single food product that we consume through a mass-spectrometer to see what is and what is not in the items. I think I am going to run over to the university surplus warehouse and see if they have an old mass-spectrometer laying around.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

Don't you know only drugs "cure" diseases?

We can't allow the general population to eat or drink healthy
foods,that's reserved for the "elite" of the world.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
And for those who think the "War on Drugs" is all about getting high, think again.
See the problem is with Ederberrry, like Cannabis, it is more effective as a whole plant extract than the Pharma version (Tamiflu) so look at what happens. Guido steps in and stops the competition. Just like the Government rushed in and patented all the homespun Cannabis recipes and is now preparing to make a pile of cash licensing to pharma to do their dealing. With Elderberry being so vastly effective against all flu variants (type A&B as well as H1N1)they can't let just any one say so to sell it.They may not go in for a flu shot when the catch the next variant they send out.
seed

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It's not ok, to suggest something that is natural can help an ailing condition, but it is ok to lace our food with additives and chemicals that cause disease and cancer? what the ...?????

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
All that needs to be done in cases like this is re marketing of the juice,remove claims of health benefits,and just have it as a drink...
Maybe you could get away with subtle changes here and there like "some say this juice made them feel really healthy"instead of "proven to help with insert illness here"

What a con job though,send the cops to get natures finest off the streets-but y'all just eat that GMO pesticide slow death,and drink up yer GM aspartame koolaid like some good little experimental lab rats.

Of course all the elites/royals etc only eat organic-that speaks volumes to me.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

Who gave the FDA the right to decide what I can and can not put into my own body again? Seriously, who are these freaking bums who think they can just tell the entire world what to eat and drink? I'm pretty damned sure that I am quite capable of deciding for myself what I should and should not be putting in my body. Someone needs to stop these punks before they take away everything and have us all eating genetically modified corn starch for every meal.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I would venture to say that the maker of the juice made a claim of health improvement in his advertising or labeling of the product. I worked in the supplement industry for years and the rules are very clear regarding making health claims about a natural product.

After my years in that industry I can understand why the FDA doesn't want these claims made with substantiated proof. You would be truly surprised at the level of ignorance out there regarding natural supplements. I can still recall the case of a woman telling me "hey if it is natural it can't hurt you"; she seemed shocked to hear about a completely natural substance called "hemlock tea' and its ensuing effects (death and so forth).

Those same years in the industry are what tells me that I don't need the government's blessing to tell me a product works for me. I keep elderberry capsules in my medicine cabinet and pop them any time I feel a cold/flu coming on. I also will admit to having an occasional glass of Elderberry wine for medicinal purposes

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

They didn't pull Elderberry products in general they pulled one that made an unsubstantiated health claim. Its not that they are telling you what to put in your body; its more like they are telling the maker of what you put in your body not to make health claims about it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is also the exact same reason Honey Nut Cheerios had to change their box.
They had a message something to the effect that HNC would reduce cholesterol.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

And American's wonder why the rest of the world thinks they are stupid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join