It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA sends US marshals to seize elderberry juice concentrate, deems it 'unapproved drug'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Well it does more than deal with flu.

www.wolfberryjuice.com...

Orac List and they left out the eldenberries. It should be right after the black raspberries.

www.oracvalues.com...

The antioxidant value of Elderberries, raw described in ORAC units is:
14,697 μ mol TE/100g.

www.ars.usda.gov...

Studies at the Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University in Boston suggest that consuming fruits and vegetables with a high-ORAC value may help slow the aging process in both body and brain. ORAC--short for Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity--measures the ability of foods, blood plasma, and just about any substance to subdue oxygen free radicals in the test tube.

Early evidence indicates that this antioxidant activity translates to animals, protecting cells and their components from oxidative damage....

Based on the evidence so far, Prior and Cao suggest that daily intake be increased to between 3,000 and 5,000 ORAC units to have a significant impact on plasma and tissue antioxidant capacity.

regenerationusa.wordpress.com...

The FDA recommends 3,000-5,000 ORAC rating foods per day for optimum health but sometimes you have to rely on good quality, whole foods by companies who really do care about your health

So are they going to try and prohibit alternative health products from advertising their health benefits?

And their big pharma poisons that have real statistical carnage and casualties are OK?

So its ok to keep providing the products but they want to do away with sharing the knowledge on what they do, and their benefits, deprive us of the real reseach and answers.

Bayers, sells their products to prevent heart/strokes on a less than 1% statistical change, but that tiny percent is real and can be repeatedly found in tests.

These foods have much better stats.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Amazing....

There is a meth lab in every trailer park in every city across the US and the marshals go after elderberry juice.

Somehow this makes sense as I watch America become some kind of surreal parody of itself; completely controlled by big pharma, big energy, and Walmart.

Meth lab=criminals= they got you if they want you for the prison industrial complex..
natural foods criminalized just created a whole new set of criminals = they got you too if they want you.
Anybody else want to pullback across a state border: put up a perimeter fence chase out anyfeds an declare a new country.????????? Go tri-states!( Ben Raines): This week after "weinergate" this was the lastthing I wanted to hear!
edit on 7-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Wow,. I am amazed at this,.
Guess I best keep my stuff under cover,.
wouldnt want people to know I am helping make people feel better,.
FDA=

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I didn't read every post I admit but from what I gather the raid was not because elderberry is a drug or anything along those lines, it's because the sellers were making unapproved claims about the health benefits .. it goes on to say that they were asked to comply and didn't so that is why they were raided.

Had they removed the claims or stuck to approved wording of those claims they would have been fine..

The point is not to prevent people from advertising health benefits exactly but it's important that consumers absolutely know that the claims have not been evaluated as true by the FDA .. there IS a real danger here because herbal supplements are not regulated and people HAVE died from them thinking they are automatically safe.. supplements have made some outrageous claims in the past with very little supporting evidence .. people have been known to actively avoid seeking professional medical help because they think by the label that this herbal supplement is going to fix them up..

So yes there is a risk .. the FDA may not be the best at all, but I do agree that at very least it should be clearly printed on all herbal supplements that the claims have not been evaluated.. you also can't state a claim as fact, all of the supplements use the wording "May help ..." or something to that effect.

Selling herbal supplements is a gold mine for some people and there are some very shady people out there who will do anything to sell some more units..

I see no problem here with what the FDA has done..
edit on 7-6-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yeah it is usually the case,.
the Gove isnt in the biz of raiding people for stuff like this if it isnt partial to honesty

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

"However, John Brewer, co-founder of Wyldewood, says that after receiving the initial FDA warning letter, his company hired a consultant familiar with FDA regulations to help his company reword their product descriptions. After making the appropriate changes, and clarifying that the elderberry products in question were supplements, Brewer says his company had done what it needed to in order to be in compliance.

"We haven't heard anything from (the FDA) since," he told reporters, noting that following the changes up until the raid, the FDA had ceased communicating with Wyldewood. "They've been in our facility multiple times. It's like, 'C'mon guys, we changed our label, we changed everything we thought we were supposed to do.' And then they show up and do this. (Supplements) seems to be one of their hot button

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com... "

They made the changes and the FDA made several visits prior to the 'raid". This has nothing to do with exagerated claims and everything to do with the crackdown on health choices. Elder has proven and potent medicinal value so a vendor who seeks to say so is "raided" for an unregulated drug? And this after he changes his claims to meet criteria? Sounds like the War on drugs has a new front, unregulated drug bushes growing everywhere here in Oregon. Better break out the megabucks to fight it like they do with wild hemp!
Seriously if Elderberry were not many times more effective than Tamiflu (the patentable copy of Elder antivirin, the virus stopping agent)) this would not be happening. Much as the present crackdown on medicinal Cannabis extract products protects Marinol and a whole bevy of "stolen" formulas the government patented from product found busting medical patents. That Elder can be made into a potent concentrate with simple techniques which are profoundly effective on flu indicates it will be targeted further if any hint of these properties is mentioned commercially
seed

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
This makes me livid! I have elderberry every day. It is a well known anti viral that kills 13 known flu viruses! I will continue to gather my own and make it and take it. They'll have to pry it out of my elderberry stained hands! ha.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Oops,

They better not come to my house. I have lots of Elder berries and Tincture also.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
Oops,

They better not come to my house. I have lots of Elder berries and Tincture also.

Unless you are fraudulently marketing your stash, then selling it to the public...

...I don't think you have to worry.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
if i were american right now, i would be ashamed.
the end

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
We all need to find some old seeds from grandma or a friend of the family or if you have to go find a property with a garden and ask the owners for some seeds and plant your own garden if you cant plant one convince someone that can and go halfers with them, screw the FDA what the hell are they run by a secret NAZI group or something I Cannot believe this and they allow corn that makes sperm heavy in return making us not able to breed? they will happily allow you to eat fake cheese, mono sodium glutamate MSG, aspartame, phosphoric acid, sodium acetate, hydrolyzed corn protein, artificial flavors of all kinds and who knows how those are made, and they get all nazi over some elderberry because it has health benefits, I really don't understand wh they would do this what is their reasoning?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I for one am glad that companies aren't allowed to make unverified claims on their products. For years my whole family has been working to keep one elderly relative from killing herself with snake oil. She believes everything she sees on a label.

Companies like this one make our lives hell. When it's juice it seems innocent. When you discover that your 75-year-old grandmother is taking 25 snake-oil-type pills a day and god only knows what's in them all - then you realize these laws are there for a reason.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

So does Kansas not allow the defense of one's person, home, place of business, by exercising your 2nd amendment right?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
I for one am glad that companies aren't allowed to make unverified claims on their products. For years my whole family has been working to keep one elderly relative from killing herself with snake oil. She believes everything she sees on a label.

Companies like this one make our lives hell. When it's juice it seems innocent. When you discover that your 75-year-old grandmother is taking 25 snake-oil-type pills a day and god only knows what's in them all - then you realize these laws are there for a reason.

Hi Sckeptick,

I appreciate that, and some agency does need to fulfill that role. I know a few people like that myself.

But, if you read the thread in its entirety, I think you'll see that's not the major issue. The issue is that even if you have science showing that your product does have legitimate medicinal value, the FDA will not let you say so on the product, if it is a natural product.

Elderberry juice does have value in treating the flu and studies with humans have shown this. How much you wanna bet they won't be allowed to say that on their product after all this is said and done?

Tumeric is another great example. Lots of doctors even recommend taking this for certain conditions ranging from autoimmune disorders, to cancer to even joint injuries. I had it recommended to me for achilles tendonitis to reduce inflammation. Sure seemed to work great. Tumeric has a substantial amount of peer reviewed scientific evidence, yet notice how nobody is legally allowed to mention any of this on the Tumeric they sell?

We need the FDA to look out for con jobs, while at the same time allowing folks to put claims on their products that are scientifically valid, with the same standards for natural supplements/medicinals, as for conventional medicine.

Anyhow, I feel like I'm repeating myself at this point, so I'll shut up now

edit on 8-6-2011 by EthanT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The fed uses law enforcement like their personal goons, this isn't new news IMO. Ridiculous though none the least.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

This is just the beginning.

A few months ago the FDA came to my home. The sent 2 lovely young ladies who were very nice as they asked my if I would take down my website.

I said, "No".

I sell 35% Food Grade H2O2 and I have also used it in an oral application for the past 2+ years. I am healthier and more fit that I was when I was in my 30's, thirty years ago. I have no more arthritis, no more diabetes, and no more high blood pressure, so as you can imagine, I do not plan to ever stop.

After the left my home, life really got interesting. It seems everyone I know has been audited by the IRS and some have even had their taxes recomputed and sent to them with notes on how much extra money they owe.

They have us by the balls but I have come to realize that I am not on this earth to placate my flesh and God has not made me healthy so that I can enjoy it. I believe He has strengthened me for the fight that is to come. Because I do not have any choice but to fight the evil that is spreading across our nation.

I apologize if I sound like a commercial, that is not my intent. But I think that we all may need to review our priorities and make a conscious decision today to stand up for what we believe in. I only pray when the day comes that someone else will step up and take over where I leave off.

May God Have Mercy on us all.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by seridium

To anyone who is thinking of planting a garden (which is a really good idea) you should be aware that in December of 2010, the lame-duck Congress voted in approval of Senate Bill S.510 which makes growing a garden illegal.

The want to control our food source so that all we have to eat is the garbage they force upon us.

If you plan to grow a garden, please do it in secret where it is not visible from the street.

Also look into hydroponics.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

Apparently you have forgotten that the goal of TPTB is to depopulate the planet. Do you really believe that the govenment or any parts there of actually could care less whether any of us are healthy. If that were the case they would be busy cracking down on things they know aare killing us. Not legalizing things they know will kill us and making things legal that might help our health. Its about making all the money they can, getiing all the control they can while in the process of committing mass genocide. THEY LAUGH AT US THE FOOLS. THEY BELIEVE WE DESERVE EVERYTHING WE GET. MAYBE THEY ARE RIGHT! We don't do anything to defend ourselves and continue to buy into their factious reasons and give them everything we own.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarGoddess
reply to post by seridium

To anyone who is thinking of planting a garden (which is a really good idea) you should be aware that in December of 2010, the lame-duck Congress voted in approval of Senate Bill S.510 which makes growing a garden illegal.

The want to control our food source so that all we have to eat is the garbage they force upon us.

If you plan to grow a garden, please do it in secret where it is not visible from the street.

Also look into hydroponics.

reply to post by SolarGoddess

This bill did not become a law, only passed by congress but has not been signed into law "yet" but it doesn't say you can't have a garden. But you're right...it's only a matter of time. As I said in my earlier post, we'll be reading headlines about families raided for their gardens before too long.

I have no problem with what anyone puts on a label as a claim. It's my responsibility as a consumer to know what I'm putting in my body and if there is one company making claims on their labels that they caught, then there are more that do that have not been. I mean, look at the infomercials out there. Especially the get-rich-quick ones. I mean, seriously, do you think they work as great and as easy as the commercials say they do? If you're stupid and buy into it blindly and loose your bank account....
If the Elderberry juice had claimed to grow hair, would you believe it? Maybe it really does but a fancy "sound bite" on a label proves nothing.

You can see misleading labeling all over the place and I hear claims of things on commercials every day. It's your job as a consumer to validate them for yourself.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

Exactly That Will Be The Straw That Broke The Camels Back.
Sure Hope They Dont Get Our Guns First.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join