It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4.2 Earthquake near New Madrid... Are they waking it up?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyFever

The quake woke me up -- deep rumbling and shaking for 5-10 seconds...

Haarp? Dunno bout that. There is a major fault nearby, there has been (and still is) massive flooding recently, and plenty of action with the tectonic plates around the Pacific -- probably more likely that the 4.2 quake was the result of natural processes than an "induced" quake of some kind...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by smartbuddy

Smartbuddy,

I too am concerned not only about the dates but I am going to keep a close eye on the USGS site (as I have for the last year and 1/2) to see if there are any bigger ones to follow. I live right outside of Nashville so I assume we will feel the jolt as well when it cracks all to hell.

With the solar activity and the way the Earth has been behaving its plausible something will happen with this fault in our lifetime.

Being prepared and aware is different than being scared and paranoid though. I know it will happen and if it happens in my lifetime I plan to have water, can food, and also first aid on hand.

Peace to all of us near and around the New Madrid! May God hold us in the light of love and protect us from major harm!

Solar activity and weather do not produce earthquakes.

It could have a big move tomorrow or in 1000 years but the point is there is absolutely no way to predict when an earthquake will happen along that fault.

Solar activity and weather don't produce earthquakes..???... "According to Mr Corbyn, 'The (New Zealand) event follows the world wide increase in volcanism and earthquakes in the last year or two and confirms the general statistical fact that more - and more serious - earthquakes, and volcanic activity, tend to occur around solar cycle minima'. www.bbc.co.uk...

That's a scientific fact too... Look it up.

I think there are some of "They" on here trying to quiet the crowd.... If only everyone was pissed off enough and actually knew what this world has become.. a game. Then we'd have a really nice Uprising on our hands..

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The quake also woke me up, and every dog in the neighborhood. By the time I got to the back door to tell the dogs to hush, it was almost over.

My husband slept thru it, but he takes sleeping meds per Dr.`s orders so not remarkable.

I haven`t observed any new damage (so far).

But it was big enough to be felt here .

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

I had not put those dates together! Good eye on detail.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Why does everyone freak out over a 4.0 earthquake... go to usgs.gov and look how many earthquakes there are a day... its not a conspiracy its not HAARP its just tectonic plates rubbing each other :-p

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
Why does everyone freak out over a 4.0 earthquake... go to usgs.gov and look how many earthquakes there are a day... its not a conspiracy its not HAARP its just tectonic plates rubbing each other :-p

So many people say this, and so many people just refuse to hear it ...

it makes me hope they're right about Elenin .... even though we're more likely to get hit by an asteroid, ANY SECOND !!! RUN TO YOUR BUNKERS!!!!!

sorry, but seriously....its true

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

How can you say there is no weather modification going on?? If that is what you mean by playing God..

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyFever

Earthquakes happen everyday, nothing to see doomsayers.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
"they" are waking it up? There were more than 25 earthquakes worldwide yesterday....what are they waking up the whole world? People really need to stop blaming every single thing on "they".

If HAARP, the illuminati, TPTB....et al...are causing all of these natural disasters, can someone please explain to me how we have been having earthquakes and eruptions for millions of years now?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

You are a site, where people love disasters.. Sadly they will do anything to hype a natural event....even a minor one.
edit on 7-6-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
REPLY TO JOHNNY FEVER

A "natural disaster" is a perfect money making tool for those who have an interest in making a profit from the killings and distruction of many innocent lives. Why do you think War is such a big business?

War is a money maker because of the cost of modern weapons and also plundering the natural resources of the country you invade.

Who would make money killing a good portion of the Mid West? Where is the profit to be made? The Red Cross doesn't make money off a disaster. The government actually spends money cleaning up and the insurance companies stand to lose the most. I don't see how our own government comes out ahead in any disaster, natural or not, other than to garner sympathy from our allies.
edit on 7-6-2011 by megabogie because: forgot something

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I predict there will be an earthquake today somewhere! let's see if I'm right shall we? Also, war is not a money maker... it's essentially a hole that sucks up money... At the start however yes there is some economic stimulation however over a long term engagement there is no money to be made.... It costs about 1 million dollars per soldier per year... do the math...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The New Madrid fault line has been overdue for a shift for a while now. When it happens, and it will, it'll be a wholly, though catastrophic, natural event. Earthquakes, floods, and other assorted catastrophic events have been happening for countless millenia, and will go on happening will we, nil we.

Nature is quite capable of wiping out vast numbers of humans with no recourse necessary to the ever mysterious "they". Lets assume that we, since "we" are the heroes of this tale, shut down HAARP, hang the evil villinous "they" tommorrow, or even later today...

Suddenly, in a month, there is another earthquake in the Pacific, or in Africa, or whereever... Whatever will we do without HAARP to blame?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Contrary to conspiracy beliefs, HAARP is not a super weapon, and cannot:

Shoot planes out of the sky, blow up buildings, create holograms in the sky, cause earthquakes, create hurricanes and tornadoes, create wildfires or make crop circles.

All things I've seen laughably attributed to this device. You are giving our government and HAARP way, waaaay too much credit.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
June 17 is a danger day for New Madrid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join