It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran could have a nuclear bomb within two months

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Excuse my language, but stop being such an ignorant fool.

Personal attack. TnC says attack the argument, not the person.

These days, people think everything is propaganda and although I cannot deny that they have good reason to feel so due to the Iraq war, it does not mean everything is black and white.

Damn skippy there is good reason to suspect that Libya is another Iraq.

Meaning that the "axis" are merely portrayed as such by the West and the West is in reality a purely evil and lying force.

This makes no sense. Are you saying the "axis" of evil really is evil? Or not?

I am not choosing sides, I am merely explaining my opinion objectively. This in contrast to many on this forum who think that Iran is yet another poor nation targeted by the evil West.

They are being targeted by the west. This is objective fact. Our government has flat out said they are part of the "axis of evil.'

If you people would have done your research, you would know that Iran has actively sought to become a nuclear power and obtain weapon-grade plutonium for more than two decades.

So? Why shouldnt they? Countries who DONT have nukes end up getting smeared into ground by the countries who do. They should have them. If they dont, they WILL be attacked by the "west" at some point. Their only hope to stave off attack and possibly save their people from the fate the Iraqi and Libya people have and are facing is to get nuclear weapons. I dont hate the west, Im American. But I DO hate that the economic forces that have way too much influence over my supposedly democratic government dont mind killing thousands upon thousands of innocent civilians in various nations to make themselves richer.

And I think nations should have SOME means of protecting their people and themselves from rape and murder at the hands of these economic forces.

If you believe that the hundreds of warheads and weapon-grade plutonium in Ukraine and Kazakhstan that have gone missing, did not partly end up in Iranian ownership, you are a true fool.

I hope they do have them, but somehow I doubt it. It they did, we would know. And we wouldnt be trying so hard to find a way to take them out before they develop nukes of their own.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
However, if you had done YOUR research, you would find out that the Israeli regime and the Iranian regime are one and the same.

I have done my research and I agree that the Iranian and Israeli regime are one and the same. I'm not choosing sides, although that's apparently not an option here on ATS. You are either with Iran or with the terrorists seems to be the trend here.

Now tell me whether you think Israel, Russia, the US and Germany all lie, and more importantly, what Russia and Germany have to gain by lying about Iran possessing nuclear weapons.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by yadboy

Originally posted by Ben81
That lie mean Israel is getting ready to strike Iran

I think this is the central point to take away from this thread. No matter where ones loyalties lie in the middle east and regardless of whether Ahmadinejad is a nutjob or a man of peace, the idea of a nuclear Iran and the reaction of Israel and the US to that idea could be the spark that lights the fuse.

I think it is way more dangerous for humankind to let Israel and the USA have such weapon then any other country...

nuke was already used twice and perhaps more on civilians
and guess who have thousand of more powerfull nuke now ..
UN / AEIA should had banned all nukes .. especially to countries who used it on civilians in the past

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

All we can do is thank all the gods and scientists who ensured that more than one nation DOES have nukes. If only one nation had them, especially the US, we would be in a form of hell on Earth right now. Its just too bad more dont have the ability to defend themselves against the bullies who do have them. Either all should, or none should. Obviously, "none should" would be safer.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Personal attack. TnC says attack the argument, not the person.

You are right, and I apologize, but it's really frustrating to keep on seeing people blatantly claiming Iran has no nuclear weapons, based on... exactly, nothing. It's a non-argument to say that it must all be lies, just because our governments don't like Iran.

Damn skippy there is good reason to suspect that Libya is another Iraq.

Now that wouldn't surprise me, but that doesn't change anything about the possibility of Iran having nuclear weapons.

This makes no sense. Are you saying the "axis" of evil really is evil? Or not?

No, I am not. Although I think that the Iranian regime is a bunch of extremist morons, I think we should mind our own business. We have no no right to judge what countries are and which aren't allowed to have nuclear weapons.

They are being targeted by the west. This is objective fact. Our government has flat out said they are part of the "axis of evil.'

True and what did you expect with a government that works on behalf of Israel, rather than on behalf of the American people.

I dont hate the west, Im American. But I DO hate that the economic forces that have way too much influence over my supposedly democratic government dont mind killing thousands upon thousands of innocent civilians in various nations to make themselves richer.

And I think nations should have SOME means of protecting their people and themselves from rape and murder at the hands of these economic forces.

And so I agree.

I hope they do have them, but somehow I doubt it. It they did, we would know. And we wouldnt be trying so hard to find a way to take them out before they develop nukes of their own.

I don't doubt it and I feel that Israel wants to attack Iran to prevent them from growing stronger.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Now tell me whether you think that Israel, Russia, the US and Germany all lie, and more importantly, what Russia and Germany have to gain by lying about Iran possessing nuclear weapons.

You forget that it is not the nation making these claims, it is secret services and agencies that advise for these statements to be made based on "classified information". Like Colin Powell. That girl crying about babies thrown out of incubators in Iraq.

What they have to gain? Pfff, could be so much. Economic incentives like business contracts, can be one. "You say X - we will offer Y in return". (Happens more than thought of)

So the next step would be to see if there were any economical breakthroughs in those time periods.

I have done my research and I agree that the Iranian and Israeli regime are one and the same.

Nice.

I'm not choosing sides, although that's apparently not an option here on ATS. You are either with Iran or with the terrorists seems to be the trend here.

Hehe, you've got that right
I experience it all the time. Try being from the middle-east, you'll be a Muslim by default

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
What they have to gain? Pfff, could be so much. Economic incentives like business contracts, can be one. "You say X - we will offer Y in return". (Happens more than thought of)

You do realize that Russia and until recently, Germany, had a huge financial interest in Iran, don't you? There was no point, especially not in the early nineties to make such claims. Besides, it doesn't matter who would have said it, be it the secret service, the military, the government, if you want to believe something is not possible, you simply say it's a lie, regardless of who says it.

Hehe, you've got that right
I experience it all the time. Try being from the middle-east, you'll be a Muslim by default

I know, a good (Christian) Lebanese friend of mine experienced that while living here in Europe.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I'm just glad they're talking about nukes instead of engineered viruses or bacteria. A nuke might wipe out a city, several nukes several cities but a single virus or bacteria might wipe out nations which would not even know what's happening.
edit on 7/6/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I don't doubt it and I feel that Israel wants to attack Iran to prevent them from growing stronger.

Well on this one point then we will have to differ. Israel would never attack a nation with nukes, imho. Israel would be wiped off the map in a heartbeat if it did. I hate to say it, but Israel is the consummate "bully" nation. It never picks fights it doesnt know it can win, and it makes full use of its powerful friends to do as much of its dirty work as possible.

So, if Iran already had nukes, I do not think we would be seeing this aggressive push by western allied forces to topple existing governments they dont like, and crush uprisings in the nations whose governments are already as favorable as they can hope for. Personally, though the US has been making noises about Pakistan, I think they desperately want to attack Iran right now, for many reasons, not the least among them internal weakness and divide. Of course "before they get nukes" is always a factor in their longing to attack Iran.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Well on this one point then we will have to differ. Israel would never attack a nation with nukes, imho. Israel would be wiped off the map in a heartbeat if it did. I hate to say it, but Israel is the consummate "bully" nation. It never picks fights it doesnt know it can win, and it makes full use of its powerful friends to do as much of its dirty work as possible.

So, if Iran already had nukes, I do not think we would be seeing this aggressive push by western allied forces to topple existing governments they dont like, and crush uprisings in the nations whose governments are already as favorable as they can hope for. Personally, though the US has been making noises about Pakistan, I think they desperately want to attack Iran right now, for many reasons, not the least among them internal weakness and divide. Of course "before they get nukes" is always a factor in their longing to attack Iran.

Well, I have no idea how many nuclear weapons Iran is. It could be 5 nuclear warheads, 10 or 100, but I am confident that the evidence that Western governments likely possess about Iranian nuclear weapons, have made Western governments very reluctant to attack Iran. Israel on the other hand, hoped for the US to take the lead and bomb the hell out of Iran, perhaps with the use of nuclear weapons. My take on this is that Israel considered the Iranian threat years ago controllable and was afraid that if no preventive attack would be carried out, Iran would be able to mass produce nuclear weapons, meaning that a preventive attack would significantly increase the risk of a successful Iranian retaliation on Israel and hence, the destruction of most of the country.

Although US politicians mostly serve Israeli interests when it comes to foreign policy, the economic crisis as well as strong disapproval of the current wars in the Middle East and Asia have probably contributed to the fact that no attack have been carried out yet.

It's pure speculation, but I consider the chance of an invasion of Iran an increasingly plausible option. Should the US economy come to collapse, an external enemy needs to be found to deal with domestic social unrest. What options works better than drafting the boys and shipping them off to foreign lands?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

You do realize that Russia and until recently, Germany, had a huge financial interest in Iran, don't you?

Yes.

There was no point, especially not in the early nineties to make such claims.

I can see your point there. But can you see mine? I'll have to do some reading in the context, but it wouldn't be the first time these secret services made stuff up out of thin air for incentives that would become clear decades later.

Besides, it doesn't matter who would have said it, be it the secret service, the military, the government,

Depending on who says what, one can look into their reasons.

if you want to believe something is not possible, you simply say it's a lie, regardless of who says it.

Exactly, that would be cognitive dissonance.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Backslider
The IAEA has continually said that Iran has fully complied with all laws, regulations and safety measures required. They have also publicly stated that there is no evidence to show that Iran's nuclear program is aimed at weapons development. You can find this information for yourself at the IAEA site (I can't post links.)

The IAEA has continually said that Iran is not cooperating at anywhere near the required level. Their reports list a ridiculous number of areas in which Iran refuses to cooperate with the IAEA. I can post them all if you like, it should be an interesting read for someone who thinks that Iran is meeting all of their obligations.

Did you not feel that it was necessary to point this out for some strange reason, or have you missed these reports amongst other things on your alleged forays into the IAEA website?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I hope Iran has nukes and I dont see why they shouldnt have nukes. If Israel is allowed ilegal nukes without any questions, then whats the problem with Iran having legal nukes? I getting sick of these a$$holes shouting about attacking Iran, for some thing that they already have.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
OH NO! ITS ONE BOMB!!
Who cares, one bomb can't do anything ( well it can ) but they aren't going to build 1 nuke, and then launch it. If they were going to they would make a huge stockpile first then launch. And if they started arming themselves to the teeth with nukes, it wouldn't last long. They would be stopped

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by yadboy

Iran Could have a nuclear bomb within two months devjo where i have heard that excuse before? oh thats right thats the same lie they used on before the invasion on Iraq, after the war it was proven it was nothing more then a lie.

We are been lied about libya, and now we are been fed with lies about Iran becoming nuclear.

"Another weapon I discovered early was the power of the printed word to sway souls to me. The newspaper was soon my gun, my flag - a thing with a soul that could mirror my own."

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Reportedly the elite sociopaths at the latest BILDEBERG meeting are hot for starting WWIII. It would seem the topic of this post would cromulently play toward the propaganda necessary to manipulate the opinion of the prolitariate.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
every time i've seen him on TV he just asks why isreal is allowed to commit genocide on the Palestinians and seems like quite a peaceful man...

why is Israel allowed to commit genocide on the Palestinians?

Every time I see him on TV he reminds me of a little monkey but those ARE some excellent questions .... but why stop there?

Why are the Syrians allowed to commit genocide against the Palestinians?

Why are the Jordanians allowed to commit genocide against the Palestinians?

edit on 9-6-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Iran, Israel, and the US are all working together secretly. That's according to my research. The president of Iran is in a club with Israelis, Russians, Americans, etc. I forget what club it was, I'd have to look for it.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by yadboy
According to a Rand corporation researcher Iran could have enough highly enriched uranium for a nuclear bomb within 8 weeks;

He added that despite reports of setbacks in its nuclear program, the Iranian regime is steadily progressing towards a bomb. Unfortunately, Jones says, there is nothing the US can do to stop Tehran, short of military occupation. The researcher based his report on recent findings by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), published two weeks ago. Making the bomb will take around two months, he says, because constructing a nuclear warhead is a complicated step in the process.

Nuculear Iran?

I'm unfamiliar with the site, so I'm not ready to call for ground troops like the researcher thinks is required. I do think if this is true we are in for some dark times ahead. The idea to an Iran with the ability to launch a functioning nuclear warhead is very scary to me. Ahmadinejad would like nothing more than to start tossing around nukes to hasten the arrival of his fabled 13th imam.

Oooo lets go and kill them before they make the alleged bomb

Oooo but look many counties have bombs equivalent or bigger than this, but what we do? Noooooothing

Oooo but they are exposing threat? they say...
The threat that is not proven and I could not see
But sure they will make people see in a show coming soon in theathers near

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This seems a little skeptical, although it wouldn't surprise me if they have a nuclear bomb. It's a big world filled with rotten people that aim to kill.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join