It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran could have a nuclear bomb within two months

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadboy
According to a Rand corporation researcher Iran could have enough highly enriched uranium for a nuclear bomb within 8 weeks;

He added that despite reports of setbacks in its nuclear program, the Iranian regime is steadily progressing towards a bomb. Unfortunately, Jones says, there is nothing the US can do to stop Tehran, short of military occupation. The researcher based his report on recent findings by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), published two weeks ago. Making the bomb will take around two months, he says, because constructing a nuclear warhead is a complicated step in the process.

Nuculear Iran?

I'm unfamiliar with the site, so I'm not ready to call for ground troops like the researcher thinks is required. I do think if this is true we are in for some dark times ahead. The idea to an Iran with the ability to launch a functioning nuclear warhead is very scary to me. Ahmadinejad would like nothing more than to start tossing around nukes to hasten the arrival of his fabled 13th imam.

Iran IS definitely wanting a nuclear weapon, but I doubt they'll have it in 8 weeks. A few years, maybe.

<< 1  2   >>

join