It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northeren Hurricane Watch 2011

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Glad things weren't so bad for you,Karen.

And,it's that time a year again,the next possible threat!

www.weather.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Yeah but moving more northward, than west. I do not think Sr. Jose will be a problem. Most of the Atlantic is showing a northeastward trend in air mass right now. There's a little line of disturbances across the lower carribean over towards Mexico, along that line way way to the south there is a Giant Cyclone near the Antarctic continent right now. That one is bigger than Irene, but I guess not a threat to many settlements. Is this the time of year for cyclones on that area?

So again for the conspiracy buffs:
Curious indeed. I have done most of my clean up with a rake and my kitchen broom. A tour around my neighborhood shows similar damage to the surrounding area. The news helicopter is showing minor damage along shore lines. Beaches that were just replenished have been washed away. Trees are down in neighborhoods. This is an old settlement and the trees in some neighborhoods go back over 100 years. In my own yard the sun is shining and the sky is clear except of a haze way way up. It is 77 degrees and there is a pleasant breeze. So why is the Red Cross bringing in 30 of those big trucks. Why were the FEMA people on TV telling everyone that they have meals for over a million people. I dont remember how many they said but it was a lot. Why are the TV's urging people to stay indoors. I see cars driving past my house. I do not hear the buzz of chain saws that I have heard after other storms. Its just a nice Sunday, with a lot of messy leaves and twigs to sweep away. There was stronger damage along the inlets and all these little waterways around here. Its just a web of sand and ocean along the immediate coast. We have built right up to the waters edge in some places.There are piers in the area that will need to be repaired. Some may have to be demolished and rebuilt. Wave action does the piers in.
For those interested I was pretty much in the storm all of yesterday and not too far from the center of circulation.
I am at 36.05N 76.32W. At the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay.
This area should have had way more damage than it did. The damage is comparable to that of a weak tropical storm, But the MSM is still treating this like a disaster sight.
The shoreline flooding is to be expected and is bad in some areas. Still???

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Hey Kdog!
I start looking at the rain in India in the springtime to see what I think might be in store for the Atlantic. During July I watch the rain in eastern Africa. This time of year they march right across in a little string of pearls. The region is heating up. We are headed towards the Atlantic season peak around Sept 10th. As long as they stay off shore I like watching what they do. How they grow and how the surrounding weather patterns effect them. That new one I will watch. It shows signs of rotation already but it could fall apart. Lots of energy to the north of that area for the next few days at least.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

See the reports from those who this storm has already passed. It seems a non event for those posting.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

See the reports from those who this storm has already passed. It seems a non event for those posting.

Ya well it's here... in eastern Canada... and it's winds and rain.

Nothing much really. I like a good storm once in a while.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
::sigh:: I agree with the people saying "non event"

I went out walking around in it last night around 3 in the morning, when it was supposed to be at its strongest here - as far as flooding is concerned - I feel cheated

Irene got the winds though - I saw quite a bit of tree limbs down - across the street there's a tree thats currently half in and half out of the ground - I haven't gone out to give it a good inspect yet - its either being held in by the sidewalk, or its leaning on another tree keeping it up

I'm unimpressed for the most part. Irene had nothing on Floyd.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by karen61057

Ya well it's here... in eastern Canada... and it's winds and rain.

Nothing much really. I like a good storm once in a while.

And this storm was one of those! I am not saying that it didn't have it's moments. There were more than a few times where I wouldn't dare venture outside but for the most part it was a tropical storm. We use those to stir our coffee, in answer to the west coast and their earthquake cracks. LOL.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

you know whats the worse part for me? watching the news, interviewing people about the "aftermath", and THEY KEEP SAYING WOODER

makes me want to slap someone
born and raised here, and even I knew by the time I was 12 that there isn't a single O in the word "water"

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I ma happy to hear that of those posting, there seems to be little more than superficial damage in their respective areas.

If anyone was watching the water vapor imagery, you will have noticed that a large swath of dry air got taken in by Irene, which is what dealt this storm the blow that reduced it's intensity by a fair amount.

The images on the news show that there were indeed some areas that got water and some obvious physical damage to some buildings. And there are reports of a few deaths, many of which could have been averted had people just not been out; it seems as though the Darwin Awards still have some pursuing them.

I hope that what damage there is can be quickly remedied and life return to normal for those who have been more affected than others by this storm.

Watch out for snakes etc they will have been driven out by the action of the water.

Stay Safe!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
You know,50% of the deaths attributed to hurricanes is AFTER the hurricane.
People walking around in flooded streets,filled with sewage mine you,and downed power lines.
Watch some of these vids.

www.weather.com...=41/169/21723

Hurricanes are good for culling the herd abit.

edit on 28-8-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I just wanted to post a cross section of videos of flooding caused by Irene, lets all hope for quick recoveries for all the people affected. *Edited* to add I'm relieved beyond belief that this storm weakened and I am happy with and have faith in the measures taken by state governments to ensure a death toll like with Katrina did not happen. I feel lucky and grateful not so much as a tree limb falling or minor flooding in my neighborhood happened I know it is not the same story even in close proximity to me.

Philadelphia

Vermont

North Carolina coast

New York

Virginia

New Jersey

Massachusettes

Delaware

edit on 28-8-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Yes we indeed do have another in the sights.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bfac91b86261.png[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

You know,50% of the deaths attributed to hurricanes is AFTER the hurricane.

Very true, Here's an example - beyond tragic.

A Spring Valley man was electrocuted earlier today attempting to save a 5-year-old boy who was shocked by a live wire.

gothamist.com...

Please everyone - with all the flooding, be extra cautious before walking through floodwaters.

And the flooding will continue for days, so many dangers still exist -
Vermont is really having problems.
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

And record flooding is expected in New Jersey.
www.nj.com...

I got through it fine - moved to a friends house on higher ground. Aside from the massive flooding, no other problems. No wind damage or anything. Even power remained on. But, boy the power of water is amazing. Right now some very, very heavy wood furniture is floating like a buoy in my friend's basement.

edit on 28-8-2011 by Maluhia because: spacing

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
just a heads up,,

wild creek reservoir
round valley reservoir
mountain lake
will be experiencing the tail end of irean,
as it leaves,,
wind will be
southward,
pushing towards
atlantic.

flooding already on going,
in those areas.

57 minutes ago - As of 8:16pm, there's Flooding on US 46 eastbound East of CR 618/Mountain Lakes Blvd in Mountain Lakes. Right lane closed. As of 8:16pm, there's a Downed ...

3 minutes ago - US 2: between Huntington Road and Bolton Valley Access Road road closed because of flooding — Comment: Jonesville area of rte 2 closed for flooding. ...

www.burlingtonfreepress.com/section/NEWS02/Local-NewsSimilar
43 minutes ago - Montpelier is bracing for "a major emergency" of overnight flooding. .

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Karen -- Thanks for your report. I am so glad that your cleanup was relatively quick and easy. Better for it to have been less than anticipated than more. I also lucked out tremendously here on the east coast of FL. Had the storm not found the trough when it did and head north it would have been a very serious situation down here. You guys lucked out because of dry air intrusion.

Watching 92L now. Could be future "Katia". If she makes it to 50 longitude before 15 latitude then we may have another east coast player. Pray for a healthy wet TS for our friends in TX. They could REALLY use the rain.

-Robyn

edit on 29-8-2011 by robyn because: spelling

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by robyn

Karen -- Thanks for your report. I am so glad that your cleanup was relatively quick and easy. Better for it to have been less than anticipated than more. I also lucked out tremendously here on the east coast of FL. Had the storm not found the trough when it did and head north it would have been a very serious situation down here. You guys lucked out because of dry air intrusion.

Watching 92L now. Could be future "Katia". If she makes it to 50 longitude before 15 latitude then we may have another east coast player. Pray for a healthy wet TS for our friends in TX. They could REALLY use the rain.

-Robyn

edit on 29-8-2011 by robyn because: spelling

QFT!

My wife commented to me last night that if we could move some of the rain from Irene down here, things would be better for everyone involved.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Our newest threat,if it pans out,coming to a shore close to you(I hope not)

www.hurricanezone.net...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

If it pans out, the Carolinas will be the first ones to get hit.

Hopefully it turns north before it hits the coast...

This could be a big one.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Another possibility brewing in the gulf

This product is updated at approximately 2 AM, 8 AM, 2 PM, and 8 PM EDT from June 1 to November 30. Special outlooks may be issued as conditions warrant. Place your mouse cursor over areas of interest for more information Archived Outlooks GIS data: .shp ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL 800 PM EDT WED AUG 31 2011 FOR THE NORTH ATLANTIC...CARIBBEAN SEA AND THE GULF OF MEXICO... THE NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER IS ISSUING ADVISORIES ON TROPICAL STORM KATIA...LOCATED ABOUT 1285 MILES EAST OF THE LEEWARD ISLANDS. 1. A LARGE AREA OF DISORGANIZED CLOUDINESS AND THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE SOUTHEASTERN GULF OF MEXICO IS ASSOCIATED WITH A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE. UPPER-LEVEL WINDS ARE CURRENTLY UNFAVORABLE FOR DEVELOPMENT...BUT ARE FORECAST TO BECOME MORE CONDUCIVE ON THURSDAY...AND THIS SYSTEM COULD BECOME A TROPICAL DEPRESSION DURING THE NEXT DAY OR SO. THIS SYSTEM HAS A HIGH CHANCE...60 PERCENT...OF BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS AS IT MOVES SLOWLY NORTHWESTWARD. INTERESTS ALONG THE ENTIRE NORTHERN GULF OF MEXICO COAST SHOULD MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF THIS DISTURBANCE. ELSEWHERE...TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS. $$

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
We better hope this one doesn't hit and cause way more damage.

Didn't I hear that FEMA is out of money? And they are appealing to the government to give them more? There seems to be a huge fight about it. I mean really? They can give hundreds of millions of dollars to rebuild Iraq and they can't be bothered to help US CITIZENS who need help NOW?

I am disgusted with it all.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join