It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winged Cat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I have never seen a cat with wings before, but apparently people in Russia have, and killed it.

www.mosnews.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
ahhh it's sad that the cat was killed especially as it's wings were just the result of a skin disorder and not anything more sinister as explained in this site.

www.lairweb.org.nz...

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
we already disscussed winged cats heres a link i got out of the disscussion.
www.messybeast.com....

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
strange, have you noticed how the picture of the manchester winged cat of the 1960s in the link that mgj posted is the same as the one in the picture in lockheed's link. you would have thought that who ever posted the story , if they took the time to find the picture would also have added the cause of the cats "wings to the story"

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Oh, and all this time I thought cats could fly....

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lockheed
Oh, and all this time I thought cats could fly....
well some winged cats are able to move there wings.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
i SWEAR ive seen one when i was like 8!!! always wondered if i had just somehow hallucinated or imagned it but ill bet not after seeing this!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I remember it being debunked...

That the "wings" wern't really wings, just extra pieces of flesh and skin.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
I remember it being debunked...

That the "wings" wern't really wings, just extra pieces of flesh and skin.
mac no duh we all knew that it said that in my link we are disscussing one that was killed in russia. sorry if i sounded mean

[edit on 8/6/2004 by machinegunjordan]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
that pic is in the guiness book of world records. 1998 or 1999 i believe

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lockheed
[...] and killed it.

Arrogance, self-centred and blind.

This is so sad.

Is killing *really* the answer to everything (let alone the answer to 'anything')?

This is where go wrong as a species (opinion)- If I disagree with you over, well lets just say, over anything, anything at all, it's easier to kill you or to die trying, than it is to talk about the problem. I know you can't always talk stuff round, but you can always just walk away ... this poor bugger was just a cat that was probably hugely grateful for nothing more than a bit of simple friendship and attention.

Just my view - feel free to disagree, that's fine by me - for all I know the cat could well have been an emissary of whichever evil you believe in, or an angel, come to that, but I still don't see how killing it would help.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Is killing *really* the answer to everything (let alone the answer to 'anything')?

Welcome to earth.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I know what you mean 0951, it's a shame that people can't look at things they don't understand with wonder instead of fear.
Now if this cat had rampaged through the village savaging small children then it would be understandable that it was killed, but according to the story the cat was very affectionate.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Aw man..that's SO F-ED UP that they would kill it...that poor cat. It may have even been someones pet
. I had a cat that had really thick hairballs on it sometimes... I guess if they were huge enough they could kind of look like wings, but they weren't like that on her. Idiots...stupid hicks (russian hicks none-the-less) scared of something new so they just kill it.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Good ole Civil Russia

top topics

join