It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you make the sacrifice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I saw this topic today

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And it inspired me to pose a question. And the honest truth is, I want you're opinion and answer.

If somebody invented a camera which lived in your eyeball and could not be removed, would you do it? Reason I ask is the win-lose that would come about. The results socially are something interesting. On one side, you would never be able to not see something. No cop could remove it, nobody could steal it, and everything you live with would be recorded. The bad side, of course, is that you would never have any privacy.

So the question is, would you make the ultimate sacrifice for the republic? Sacrifice your privacy for everybody's freedom? For the freedom of yourself and your fellow countrymen, would you through away all concepts of privacy? No cop could ever abuse you, no government agent ever shoot you without legal excuse. It would be an end to all things called "brutality", but you would never live life through your eyes alone ever again. So, if given the choice between insecure freedom and privacy, or secured freedom without any privacy, what would you do?

EDIT: I suppose I could add, do you think those in power would get desperate and make harder laws? Is the surrender of privacy the only way to allow true revolution and reform for the ideal free republic?
edit on 5-6-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

EDIT: As for myself, I think I would, perhaps with the only exception being that it would de-activate once I entered my house.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
You think the machine really would be stopped by such a thing?

It's going to take a lot more than cameras to bring down the network of tyranny encompassing the major nations.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

I think it would be a start. I mean, if politicians were banned from private life and all that they did and said was recorded, it would do a great deal in helping.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I wouldn't do it. I don't need my every move, comment and conversation ready to be brought forward. This is one of the problems we have with politician's today. They have things thrown in their face they commented on 20 years ago, or a paper they wrote in University brought up as to their true nature. We would become a very guarded society.

Interestingly enough, I was having lunch with a client on Friday who was telling me his co-worker bought a a pair of glasses with a hidden camera in them. He thought it was great, as the co-worker could now record every conversation and meeting he had with him clients--and use it, if necessary, to refute anything the client said in the future about the meeting.

Seemed odd to me, but the nature of the business did lend itself to "he said/she said" type of things that could end up in a court of law. The difference, is, it was up to him, weather to record the meeting or not, and weather it ever needed to be referenced at some point in the future.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Wow- what a thought!!

i'd have to decline it though- I mean there are some things that all of us want to keep personal and private, And to all the people who say 'I have nothing to hide'-
Why do you wear clothes then? Do you not want to reveal everything? surely YOU have nothing to hide!!!

We all need some privacy and to me it is paramount.

We all need to be more vigilant and vocal of blatant abuse of others, whilst leading the best life we can.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I dont think it would matter. No, I wouldnt do it. Not because I wouldnt be willing to sacrifice to change things, but because people COULD see a lot going on in the world if they really cared to look, and they dont.

All over the internet you can see war dead, and protests by Americans, and all sorts of stuff our media conceals from us. Wikileaks has posted all sorts of enlightening documents, and very few people seek them out and read them.

As I see it, the problem isnt that they people dont know. Or dont see. Its that they dont want to know, and dont want to see.

People want life to be fun, and easy, and they dont want to think to hard, or deal with unpleasant or complicated things. And nothing will change because of that.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Nope, if I decide to release some scumbag from his earthly bonds, I promise it was just.
And I would have no privacy if I did mess up.
I would not be able to lie to save myself.
Self preservation first.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Take my eyes and give me freedom, If everyone had to do it, yes I'd be down.

Act as if all are watching, and none will need to.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I will say it would be a nice thing to institute for politicians, if they are indeed public servants.
You know along the lines of, "if your telling the truth you have nothing to hide right"? police argument.
Speaking of which, helmet cameras for any helmeted officer and shoulder cams for all officers while on duty.
Ummm.... just so they would have a backup of the "badguys" wrongdoing. yeah as a witness against the bad guys.
Just while on duty as opposed to term long recorders like ankle bracelets for politicians.

They are public servants after all, and if they're not lying they should have nothing to hide, right?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
well since I'm 43, live 25 miles from NYC and I've never witnessed anything worth recording, I'll pass.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultraman2011

I think Ron Paul, and hell, even Obama, provided a pretty good example of how one can be accused of such things, but prove their innocence. Basically, your current action prove your innocence or guilt.

Also I wouldn't force it, I think people would do it on their own free will.

top topics

join