It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetically Engineered Food Alters Our Digestive Systems!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

The article says it is possible and that they are not sure... it does not say that it does do anything.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Whoa thanks man!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by northEASTukPIMPStheSYSTEM

Exactly

Wish I had the money to prepare

Its like knowing a car crash is coming, and know you don't have a brake pedal, and knowing that THAT's THAT!

Crap really

Hello there!! To be honest hun I am as broke as they come!! I don't have the money to buy all the things I would like or need to survive if the shtf! I've been going to car boot sales like mad and buying various bits and bobs and everytime I go to the shops I buy one thing extra and put it away, a bag of rice, lentils whatever will last!! Even on my budget I can start to do things like this!

If I can do it, anyone can!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by EpicLulz2012

Its a tricky scene over there for sure.

First they blamed cucumbers from Spain. They ruined Spains cucumber exports with
that move, and then find that it was not the cucumbers after all.

We willl see if this holds up under testing. Very interesting..

Yeah I read somewhere that Australian Beef exports were also blamed at one stage despite no cases in Australia and no grounds for the claim.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

edit on 6-6-2011 by Seagle because: double post

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

reply to post by EpicLulz2012

Its a tricky scene over there for sure.

First they blamed cucumbers from Spain. They ruined Spains cucumber exports with
that move, and then find that it was not the cucumbers after all.

We willl see if this holds up under testing. Very interesting..

and now its ...

www.metro.co.uk...

German beansprouts have been identified as the likely source of the deadliest E.coli outbreak in modern history.

Tests pointed to beansprouts grown at a farm in the greater Uelzen area between Hamburg and Hanover being responsible for the health crisis that has now killed 22 and left another 2,153 people ill across Europe.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
How can someone tell if something is GE or GM? Or that wha they are eating may contain some genetically engineered or genetically modified? How can u not eat it without making your own food.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Yes, and now they have ruled out the sprouts as well. All of these "experts" ...
should at least keep from word of ruin to others business, and reputation.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It's getting harder and harder to avoid GM foods, whether it be from cross contamination of crops, lack of labeling, GM fertilizer and feed to non-GM organisms, ect...

I was curious about the active bacterial culture in Danone's 'Activia' yogurt, and whether it was GM or not. I don't touch the stuff with 10 foot pole, but my family eats it, so I did a quick search on the internet to see if I could find out. A blogger posted about how she tried to find out about this issue in 2006, I found it quite interesting.

writerious.blogspot.com...

writerious.blogspot.com...

In my last inquiry to Dannon (if you've been following the Activa saga), I asked for a definitive reply as to whether the "Bifidus Regularis" bacteria is genetically engineered or not. I'm not rabid anti-GMO, but I do like to know what's in my food. In that letter, I said that if they could not give me a clear "no," that I must necessarily take that as a "yes." Here is their latest response:

Thank you for contacting The Dannon Company regarding our position on the use of ingredients that have been enhanced through agricultural biotechnology. Dannon has a 58-year heritage of providing wholesome, safe and good tasting products to its consumers. All Dannon products are manufactured under strict quality controls and conditions that meet or exceed all applicable industry and government standards. We take great care to monitor all scientific information related to food safety, including that concerning the assessment of ingredients improved through agricultural biotechnology. To date, no information has emerged suggesting that these ingredients pose consumer health risk. Moreover, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) mandate the safety of food. Each of these government entities as well as the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and the World Health Organization stand firmly behind the safety of these products. For more information, we invite you to visit the following websites: The Alliance for Better Foods website at www.betterfoods.org, The International Food Information Council at www.ificinfo.health.org or The Council for Biotechnology Information at www.whybiotech.com. You may also contact The Council for Biotechnology Information toll-free at 1-800-980-8660 to obtain an informative booklet. Once again, thank you for your interest.

Sounds like a "yes" to me. "Agricultural biotechnology" can mean any number of technologies, one of which is genetic enginering. Mind you, I wasn't questioning the safety of the product, only the origin of their magical bacteria. It's the Dannon people who keep harping on safety, while coyly skirting around the real question. And that closing paragraph smacks of, "Go away, kid, you're bothering us." This again highlights the importance of both clarity and honesty in one's writing. The letter seems to have been written by someone well versed in the art of obfuscation. I ask a clear yes-or-no question, they respond with an essay on food safety. This arouses suspicion. I ask the same question, and they respond with another essay on food safety. Suspicions confirmed? Sounds like. What bothers me most about this is not the bacteria itself, but the fact that the Dannon representatives will not give me a clear answer. Withholding valuable information about their products limits the consumers' ability to make educated choices. If they're afraid that people won't buy their yogurt because it contains a GM bacteria perhaps -- hey, here's a thought! -- they could use a non-GM bacteria and promote their food as GMO-free. Oh, Dannon, Dannon, why won't you be honest with me?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

sounds like a Genetically Modified disclaimer to me !

probably written by Genetically Modified lawyers !

if it was me, Genetically speaking,

i would drop Dannon like a Genetically Modified hot potato !!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Totally. If there's a genetically modified organism(s) altering our digestive systems... Danone's yogurt with active GM bacteria is certainly a good candidate for one.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Yes, and now they have ruled out the sprouts as well. All of these "experts" ...
should at least keep from word of ruin to others business, and reputation.

WHeeew ...

at least now i won't get ecoli from my Genetically Modified salads !

unless .... ?

by the way, how does one de-GM oneself ?

herbal maybe ?

edit on Jun-07-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
De-GMing oneself is a good question....grow your own herbs, eat wild foods that can't cross breed with 'domestic strains' of crops eg, dandelions, japanese knotweed, hawthorns, acorns, seaweeds (hope I'm not giving Monsanto any ideas....grrrrr!). Eat organic foods. Honey is good for keeping gut bacteria under control...only a tsp once or twice a day, Manuka honey is good for wiping out all bacteria of the stomach and gut, as is garlic....this will result in big digestive problems...wind and the runs, so moderation only. Moderation in everything i guess.
Trying to avoid GM/GE is bad enough, trying to avoid every biotech food and medicine will be next to impossible

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by celticpride

thanks for the advice.

i already use honey and garlic in small quantities .... works well.

living in a city is tough.

does anyone know about hydrogen peroxide treatment (internal) ?

Note: don't try that at home !
the usual disclaimers are also noted in advance !
edit on Jun-09-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
TESTING! TESTING! 1, 2, 3,

edit on 9-6-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
For those who want to avoid GMO's, take note of the following ingredients in what you buy. These are at most risk of being genetically modified or engineered:

Corn: corn oil, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, corn starch, corn meal
Soy: soy protein, soy lecithin, soy oil, soy sauce, soy isolates
Canola: canola oil
Cotton: cottonseed oil
*Sugar beets: refined sugar, grain sugar
*Alfalfa: animal feed and soil for organic farming

As you can see Alfalfa is the one that might be impossible to avoid. It is used as a major animal feed in the dairy industry. It is also used to enrich soils in organic farming. So anything having to do with with milk, cream, butter, and meat might be potentially contaminated.

Please take note the *stared items have been just recently deregulated to GMO status by the Obama administration. Take a stand and avoid buying any foods you can with the above ingredients to send a ripple effect through the industry. Go to farmer's markets if you can. Cut down or eliminate fast food from your diet. Buy certified organic or learn to grow your own vegetables. Besides creating a movement to let the GMO world know we will not tolerate their poison, you will also improve your health drastically by cleansing your mind and body into peak mental and physical performance.
edit on 9-6-2011 by robile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maymunah
Do we really even need Genetically Modified foods?? I mean...what brought us to this juncture, were we not fine before with basic naturally grown foods and such? Are we running out of food? Is it a money making scheme that has obviously caused devastating consequences and results?

Foods are genetically modified for the farmer, to allegedly yield a larger harvest. What they basically do is alter the DNA code of vegetables and grains--
1) They change the DNA of the food to stop insects from eating it. (Problem is, if a food is no longer digestible by an insect, it also means that the human digestive tract can't properly digest it either).
2) They change the DNA of the food to adapt it to different climates, such as desert growing conditions or to grow something in the winter that is supposed to be a summertime crop.
3) They change the DNA of the food to make the crops bigger, bigger watermelons, bigger potatoes. Not sure what they do with the DNA in that matter, but, if it's bloating the vegetables and fruits to an unnatural size--then what happens to the human body when we eat the altered DNA? Do we bloat up from the DNA too, since it's synthesized-unnatural DNA?

I pretty much eat an all organic diet and have for about 7-8 years. Every so often I wind up in a situation where I have to eat, and it's not like there's an organic restaurant or organic fast food place and I make the mistake of buying regular food. I don't know how people can stand GMO food. It tastes gross! GM vegies don't taste like their proper vegies, GM wheat is yucky. And if I make the mistake of buying a juice that has corn syrup (GM corn syrup) in it-- it doesn't taste right either.

And each time I make the mistake of just one meal with GM foods in it, I have to clean my digestive tract back out. It immediately gets clogged up. So I have to run out and buy a bottle of GT's Kombucha Tea-- probiotics to clean out my intestines.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Ok! Ok! Shaking me up too much so I might get a conscience or shaking baby syndrome!
What are these things heirloom seeds should they be covered by food stamps?

I guess with so many health warning about irradiated foods there should be no controlling regulation of green houses on private property, but the FDA approves a certain amount of radiation in your diet.

Is the FDA on drugs or is my food on drugs? Because there is some fluoride in my water table and food diet.
Oh well at least I will have my thyroid, OMG wait men and women have this.

www.bodylogicmd.com... , I am so confused how does anything else but my penis work. Is there insurance if I get into an accident with my sex drive?

Modified mineral and mineral additives can be as damaging as genetically altered foods.

The need for mal-nourished thought process is what they supply to the demand.

"And on the six day god rested so they can alter your crops with chem trails and irradiated material
and send you in mass to war equally filled with confusion and hate fighting for cookie crumbs of what they call providing for their people." Jihad Christ Book of Books from Book of merchants HIV Alpha Omega 22

edit on 18-6-2011 by spritualextendsemail because: To reason

edit on 18-6-2011 by spritualextendsemail because: To reason

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

i would love to see how you feel when you or someone you love get one of these ibd disorders like a lot of us have.

your a monster.

whatever doesnt kill you makes you stronger>?

So when i go to my doctor with bruises all over my body, i sit in my house because people literally give me every cold every sniffle and its 10x worse on me because im resistant to the meds they like to start with. I cannot have pain meds but acetaminophen because they will add to the number of ulcers i have in my duodenum and illeum all the way through my small intestine... all of the nutrients are sucked out of my body and both of my ligaments in my ankles give out and im rehabilitating one now and have to have surgery on the other soon... have many other disorders and problems and a mouth full of ulcers because chrons can affect you all the way down!

that makes me stronger?? Living with fibromyalgia and Chrons is a nightmare and your opinion makes no sense at all, it is uneducated and idiotic and very disrespectful to all of the people who are suffering from this poision we are eating

please go somewhere else and bother people who dont care what you say because people on this post are reading it for a reason not for a smartass who thinks he knows everything and can joke about peoples lives being slowly drained away by these diseases.

thanks

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by essjay

Starting to wonder if that is how/where I got the Colitis and Diverticulosis from, since it doesn't have a family genetic background, as most of these illnesses do. I also had a C-diff infection of unknown cause this past year and it nearly killed me before they finally figured out what was going on. I've always been reasonably healthy until the past 10 years or so, as things have went slowly downhill. I wonder how many others are experiencing the same or similar symptoms?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join