It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetically Engineered Food Alters Our Digestive Systems!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

But they can get away with it. No one here on ats will do anything, either too submissive or scared. You simply talk, talk talk, but that's all anyone is talk. No protestors or radicals. What change can you expect from complaining on an Internet site all day, you think some gov agent will read your post and think, hey what a good idea.

Get with reality, this is out of our control, start growing your own food, filter your own water. Generate your own power. Modern living is kinda a crutch for our species. We learn our knowledge from other people, not by figuring it out ourselves. Which is why we are so dumb, a chimp can figure out a tricked out box, better than any human. Why? Because we are almost dependent on other people for their opinions.

Another reason why ats is popular, you don't think like the average person and want to find people to relate to. All types of people do this. From normal to crazy.

Grow your own food, or follow the flock.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Do we really even need Genetically Modified foods?? I mean...what brought us to this juncture, were we not fine before with basic naturally grown foods and such? Are we running out of food? Is it a money making scheme that has obviously caused devastating consequences and results?

To me this just shows over and over that when man intervenes with the natural process of things, there are bound to be negative results. There is a natural law and order and balance which with our current and vast knowledge and inventions/technology we have broken that natural order and caused chaos...there's really no turning back now is there.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Because this topic doesn't have an iconic image, such as the twin towers for the NWO/New American Century agenda, or Roswell and the plethora of cinematic reminders for the UFO crowd, GE foods slips by under the radar.

But in truth, this untested and insidious integration into our food chain may well prove to have equal, if not more far reaching consequences than the little green men or the fat greedy establishment men, could ever wish to have with interstellar travel and New World orders. After all, what does it matter with worm we commune or serve, or indeed rule, if out metabolisms no longer server us.

Evolution-gone-wrong in progress here. Many thanks for this thread and i hope it leads to this topic taking priority.

S&F

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I don't think it's a very big deal if it's from another organism. It would be a big deal if its engineered from scratch.

However, this really does seem like a scam. Whatever you eat WILL be digested. protein is part of food. As long as its not a rouge protein, then you're good. But to think its some how tainted is foolish. Protein is protein. If a carbon molecule your body needs comes from a spider you ate in your sleep or some yummy steak, it don't make a difference.

EDIT: I should add that this has the potential to create a rouge protein that acts like a virus. It could do anything from eat our brains to deactivate key genetic sequences. Basically forced evolution.
edit on 5-6-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

EDIT: I should add that this has the potential to create a rouge protein that acts like a virus. It could do anything from eat our brains to deactivate key genetic sequences. Basically forced evolution.
edit on 5-6-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

Not having a dig, but just to clarify your edit, you're now saying that GE is in fact potentially catastrophic?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Adapt. The control we have over our body is amazing. We are just forced to forget it via T.V., Video games, work, kids,doom and gloom bombarding us . We live chaotic,distracting and depressing lives.

My martial arts instructor once told me, when I was young, to adapt to my allergy of peanuts. My allergy wasn't severe enough to kill me, but little by little, my body was able to stop reacting adversely to nuts. He told me, "Through meditation and concentration, Your body can heal itself. Why, for instance, when you cut your finger or something, do you immediately put it in your mouth?" I've never searched the science behind this, but was told by my instructor, it is because the body heals itself. "Lick your wounds"? etc. Even though the mouth is a dirty, bacteria infested area. haha.

I am still distracted by the idea that meditation merges into imagination, before reaching factual results. But I do believe we USED to be good at adaptation. That is our super power. And we are slowly being drained of it, by candied kryptonite.

With the distractions all around, the climate controlled houses, climate controlled cars and office buildings, we are forgetting how to be humans and are turning into consuming cancers.

That balance of 500000, that the "stones" mention, need not be that number if we could balance ourselves.

I don't think GM foods are a way for the NWO or something to depopulate earth. I think it is greed. We are too shallow and greedy to envoke a one world gov't. I think GM foods was originally supposed to be a noble idea to help feed starving people. But any noble idea can be turned into an idea to make money, rather than be helpful.

Less study went in, when profits started to turn.

Sorry for the ramble, I've just gone way off track.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Genetically enginered food, at the time back in the 80's did seem like a good idea...and alot of the original modifications didn't seem to be dangerous at all, for example, making rice that could produce vitamin A to help stop vitamin A deficiencies in the third world. Nice idea. One of the safer modifications.(lead to orange rice).
The basic idea to help feed the world using GE food could've been productive...if the world's population had stayed at a stable rate...now, it's thought that even with huge amounts of GE food, it will only be able to add 5% to overall world food production because of the human breeding rate.
The main problem with using genes from different species is that noone actually knows for certain how the finished organism will display the modifications...for example, brazil nut genes were inserted into soya beans in an effort to maximise methionine which in turn was hoped would increase storage life of the soya...unfortunately people that were allergic to brazil nuts also became allergic to that particular soya bean strain. That particular strain was destroyed and not introduced into the environment.
Another main problem is that our own gut bacteria can and will grab bits of available DNA from our food to incorporate it into its own DNA...constantly producing new variations of gut bacteria... E. coli is notorius for its ability to evolve new strains...and every mammal species carries its own species specific strain of E. coli, and possibly every bird and reptile species too. Thats alot of variations...especially once GE food is added to the mix. Bit of a time bomb.
Unfortunately, not much we can do now...eat organic, grow your own heratige vegetables, try to rely on non-GMO food species, avoid smoking tobacco,avoid wearing cotton. If we don't use it, it won't be grown. I know that the labelling of GM food is non-existent or extremely poor...just avoid the main groups of food if and where possible, ie, avoid wheat, rice, soya, corn, tomatoes, potatoes, tobacco and cotton. Corn is a good one to avoid, as there is allegedly a strain that causes sterility in any mammal that eats it, including humans. Consumer pressure is the only way. You do still have a choice. TC

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
People keep forgetting that humans become more resilient along with any bacteria. The process is slower but we do adapt.

In the meantime watch out for increased digestive disorders such as acid reflux, leaky gut syndrome and chrons. There is an epidemic explosion of acid reflux in North America!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

How do we know where the GMO foods are. Are there labels or am I SOL?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Good. I hope it kills off vast numbers of human beings in relatively short order.

We are nasty, selfish, stupid creatures and any species dumb enough to kill itself off due to greed and lack of self control deserves everything it gets. Especially when it pretends to be above the other "dumb animals" but acts exactly like them, only concerned with stuffing things in its mouth, pooping them back out, and screwing anything it can, including pieces of plastic.

We are ridiculous. A bunch of chimps in clothes playing with technology.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
SG-1 S:4 E:16 "2010"
edit on 5-6-2011 by hederahelix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
crazy

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by essjay

I think it would have alot more to do with taking on a gluten and casein free diet. Even organic fresh produce can still be GM so unless you know 100% sure it's organic, you really don't know.

Gluten acts like glue, and like fats and some oils, it's that that clogs your arteries.

You can still continue to have bread but I suggest you buy organic spelt or millet flour and hand make your bread.

If you need milk....stick to organic goats milk, rice or coconut milk.
edit on 5-6-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
when a type (sorry for no specific type) of lizard is removed from his enviroment of being a cannibal to an area of plants and more dangerous predators. It reduces its aggressive behavior and resorts to being a plant eater. What is amazing about this story is that there digestive system adapts to eating plants and transformes its dna to be able to digest the plants by growing new parts. This is remarkable but to go back to the subject when we (humans) eat gmo foods it isnt natural therefore we have a reaction like so but I believe when we take short cuts in our food we are also taking time off our lives. Just thought this would be a good share on this topic & I forgot to mention the lizard grew longer legs to run away faster from his new predators & also to climb up tree's.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BasedGod

It that a long way of saying "you are what you eat?"

Its proposed in many of the spiritual traditions too. Eating certain foods will speed up your spiritual development, and eating others, (most commonly, flesh) will cause you to be more base and aggressive.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Look folks, sadly we humans do not even have a clue at this point exactly what are the long term effects of eating synthetic proteins. We simply do not know, as it would take decades of intense study and testing to even begin to see a legitimate picture of the effects begin to piece together.

However it would be prudent to realize that we humans have evolved - adapted to the natural Earth environment, and we are completely adjusted to the types of plant and animal materials we can find naturally and eat. There is no telling how synthesized proteins will react. It's extremely difficult to guess at the outcome of such a deep and complex chemical equation, I doubt even any Earth super-computer today can handle the mind boggling types of calculations you would have to perform to determine exactly what is happening chemically within any given human body.

Point is : There is almost no way that synthetic proteins could be beneficial to humans more so than the natural products that we are adjusted to over periods of thousands of years of adapting. The only real possible outcome of changing up the chemical formulas like this only opens the door for things to go terribly wrong.

So yes I am 100% against the blind rush to use GM Foods. A wise and prudent species would throughly test these types of creations in contained labs, and not just for 10 years of testing, I am talking the real deal like 150-250 years worth of in depth study and research and experimentation. But thats how advanced intelligent races do things, I can't really hold the same expectations for the primitive human race now can I?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

There's a problem with that picture.. One being that the intestinal wall photo is close enough that it could be easily considered an anatomical variance between two specimen, and the mucosa of the stomach photo could be attributed to other factors.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by BasedGod

It that a long way of saying "you are what you eat?"

Its proposed in many of the spiritual traditions too. Eating certain foods will speed up your spiritual development, and eating others, (most commonly, flesh) will cause you to be more base and aggressive.

I am kind of skeptical of that.

I eat all types of food regularly and honestly I can't say my mental, emotional, spiritual, or physical states have been affected detrimentally at this point. However my metabolism and resistance to damaging chemicals is highly developed so this could play a significant role in the mitigation of deterioration.

Also I consider myself spiritually advanced enough to realize that claiming I am spiritually advanced is hypocritical and narcissistic. I prefer to view myself as innately equal to all human beings, and attempt to squash any bright ideas I may have about my superiority complex. Difficult yes but not impossible.

And think about the various historical reports we have to analyze. Many people would claim Jesus or Gandhi were "spiritually developed" people due to their extremely wise statements. However these two characters are known to have fasted for long durations of time. They didn't eat anything, so according to this mantra they would have to be frauds because you need to eat more vegetation to develop spiritually.

This leads me to think that spiritual development is based on other types of environmental factors such as social dynamics that come into play every day. There is also a element found within spiritually developed people that they are seeking to learn more constantly, and are asking questions about all of the new things they have learned. There is a balance that must be formed, and I cannot help but sense that nutrition plays an extremely small role in this electromagnetic process.

Also I have to recall the fact I encountered a ghost once, and this ghost's electromagnetic 'process' does not require food intake to exist. Somehow it does not require eating in order to display energetic momentum.

Just giving out some ideas in hopes to spur thinking and questioning and further debate on the variety of issues the topic of GM Food can bring up.
edit on 5-6-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

Some of us have been doing something. I buy organic, non GMO and pay more for it. I also grow fresh heirloom veggies. I wrote my congress person over the last little struggle over GMOs just a couple months ago, and lord knows how many petitions I have signed.

I have a friend whose whole mission in life is preserving heirloom plants. I bought the video "Food, Inc" with my own money, and gave it to an Environmental Philosophy professor whose class I took who had never seen it, and it was incorporated into her lectures in future classes.

There are lots of things people can do, and do do. Voting at the store is the single biggest thing anyone can do, and a lot of people simply wont. "Its too expensive." "Its too hard." And lots of excuses. Although everyone moaning about how expensive it is and how they could never afford it, that I personally knew, had cable TV and a cell phone. Cant give up those for a better quality of food, now can they?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

There's a problem with that picture.. One being that the intestinal wall photo is close enough that it could be easily considered an anatomical variance between two specimen, and the mucosa of the stomach photo could be attributed to other factors.

Yeah it sucks. We don't have a clue really do we?

So therefore it is idiotic to eat this crap before we even have in depth studies into exactly how this effects each part of the food chains it is placed within.

We would have to know these effects and their propensity before it would be considered wise or prudent to take a bite out of something that we did not adapt/evolve to over periods of hundreds of thousands of years.

On one hand the scientists claim to believe in evolution, but on the other more hypocritical hand, they believe that it's safe to eat things we have no evolved to yet or to introduce various toxic chemicals into the environment that we have not adapted to dealing with.

It's just pseudo-science. It's not even real Science. Science is a method based on being patient, asking many questions, testing these hypothesis in controlled settings, and formulating theories to describe what phenomena are observed.

This frakenfood science is more about making Big $$$$ fast. It's about throwing what you have out there in mass asap and selling max quantity before it becomes obsolete in a few years. This is corporate corrupted science and it is not legitimate or wise or real true science. It is a perversion of science. The money and power of the corporate influences prevent scientists from taking any real actions to prevent their creations from causing future catastrophes.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join