It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked?

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I believe some of it is true. But they do get off the wall once in a while.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Earp111

Do you have anything more in-depth to add? Which parts of it are true and why do you think that?

It'd be nice to have some more substance to your reply

Seeing as how the video link in my OP is down (this thread is quite old) I figured I'd add a new one here, for what it's worth, so anyone stumbling upon this thread for the first time can at least view the video I'm critiquing.

edit on 26-8-2012 by Titen-Sxull because: Edit to Add Link

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by disasternaut

The Largest crane in the world is able to lift 1200 tons by itself. None of the blocks in the pyramids that I am aware of weight this much.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Good movie and I am sure it ticked off a lot of people !

Knew it was bunk a long time ago and was glad to see someone took the time to " debunk " this nonsense .

edit on 11-10-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
A reply from Philip Coppens:

“Ancient Aliens Debunked” is a YouTube released, 190 minutes long documentary by Chris White. In the documentary, he tackles 16 topics that in his opinion form the backbone of the Ancient Alien Hypothesis, which White claims he conclusively refutes, which in his opinion conclusively proves that the evidence presented in the series Ancient Aliens is factually incorrect and worse, he claims, sets out to deceive.
He concludes: “The main thing I want to stress is that I’m not trying to suggest that, while Ancient Aliens got a few claims wrong, there’s room for truth in their main theory. That, in light of this information, is not a tenable position. You have just witnessed the unmistakable symptoms of the entire theory being wrong.”

rest of the article:
www.philipcoppens.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The Ancient Alien Theory is a strong belief of mine since I was 16 I left school and never went to college I was fes up of being lied to and told/Forced what to Believe.

The fact for me is that there are to many engineering marvels of the Ancient World that are impossible today, let alone thousands of years ago. The Pyramids for example, how did the Ancients manage to build such a great structure. It's made up of over 2 million blocks of stone, weigting in at 2-100 tons each.

The Pyramid of Giza is in the centre of all the Land Mass in the World, how did the Ancient know this, they didn't know the Earth was a sphere so How could they have Known where the Centre of it was!

You would need a Slave Army beyond the populatin limits of those times, 100,000 people changed every 3-months for 20 years, where did they get these people from, how did they feed an slave force that varst, Egypt had trouble feeding itself let alone a huge Slave Force.

They say they used trees to roll the great stones, what trees the trees in Egypt where mostly fruit trees a main source of food for the Egyptians they wouldn't have cut them down. The trees you must remeber would be fairly small and not hard, brittle due to the Heat and lack of water, they could not be Used for engineering or rolling stones that where many tons they would have shattered under such weight.

What about there fasination with the Stars and the Sky people they talked about, their Gods where not human. They wehere visited by Aliens who where very advanced in their ways, they came back there after they built their great structures, they taught the Egyptians many things about the Stars and the World.

It's logic that these peoples where Visted, taught and influnced by a Group of Advnaced Extraterrestrials, people need to open their minds and they need to believe the Truth. This is just Egypt and I haven't said all I could say about them. There are many more Ancients that had contact with Extraterrestrials. The Truthy must be Heard.

Heres a Documentary I found very intresting-

www.youtube.com... - The Secret KGB Files. Egypt

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by george1990

The Pyramid of Giza is in the centre of all the Land Mass in the World, how did the Ancient know this, they didn't know the Earth was a sphere so How could they have Known where the Centre of it was!

No it isn't. The coordinates for the Great Pyramid are 29d58'45.03" N, 31d08'03.69" E. Back in the 19th century there were some arguing for the Great Pyramid being the site of the Prime Meridian but as we know today this is not the case.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IofRa

From your link to Coppen's reply:

This is a heavy claim to make! In short, he argues that in his opinion the series has failed to show we were visited by ancient aliens and implies we should therefore forget all about it! So it is now up to television series to prove or disprove scientific theories? Wow! It’s a heavy burden to place on any television series! Far more importantly, it would leave the likes of Carl Sagan flabbergasted, as he felt there was good evidence to look into a number of ancient contact scenarios, especially the story of Oannes – which for some reason, White does not include in this documentary. Why?

Could it perhaps be because what Sagan knew of Oannes turned out to be utterly incorrect?

The story of Oannes that Sagan was referring to was told by Berossus, but we have no remaining examples of the works of Berossus. All we have are scraps that were retold by the Greeks.

Turned out they got it wrong. Subsequently, versions of the story from Berossus' same time era show that Oannes was not some "half fish" man living in the ocean, but was in fact, Adapa, a human that was, upon his death, elevated to the staus of Apkallu, or Abgal, one of the sages (Adapa/Oannes was the first) of ancient Sumerian myth.

The myth comes from the Babylonian Kassite period of the 14th century BCE (when the Kassite tribe ruled in Babylon). The 3rd century BCE writer Berossus called Adapa "Oannes" and described him as a fish-man who lived in the Persian Gulf and taught wisdom and civilization to human beings. Berossus was following the tradition of Adapa as one of the Abgal (or Apkallu) the seven sage demi-gods who gave civilization to human beings in the Ancient days before the Great Flood. In The Myth of Adapa, however, the central character is depicted as a wise king who is duped by a god, not as a demi-god himself.

Source

Berossus' description of Oannes/Adapa (as told by the Greeks) does not match that of others that we know from Berossus' time. Nor does it match earlier descriptions of Adapa.

Had Sagan been aware of this (and why should he be, he was busy with actual science, you know) I would venture to say that he wouldn't have chosen the story of Oannes as one that should be looked into because of its detail - detail that matches no other story of Oannes/Adapa that we have from that time period and earlier.

Given Coppen's penchant for either not knowing, or ignoring, factual information (see his questioning of how the Michigan Copper Culture was able to smelt copper - from the pure copper that lay right there on the ground for them!) I can say that he is not a source anyone would want to cite as evidence for anything.

Harte

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

The Pyramid is located at the exact center of the Earth's land mass. That is, its East-West axis corresponds to the longest land parallel across the Earth, passing through Africa, Asia, and America. Similarly, the longest land meridian on Earth, through Asia, Africa, Europa, and Antarctica, also passes right through the Pyramid. Since the Earth has enough land area to provide 3 billion possible building sites for the Pyramid, the odds of it's having been built where it is are 1 in 3 billion.

If you don't want to accept this then thats okay, but the truth is that its the Centre.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IofRa
A reply from Philip Coppens:

“Ancient Aliens Debunked” is a YouTube released, 190 minutes long documentary by Chris White. In the documentary, he tackles 16 topics that in his opinion form the backbone of the Ancient Alien Hypothesis, which White claims he conclusively refutes, which in his opinion conclusively proves that the evidence presented in the series Ancient Aliens is factually incorrect and worse, he claims, sets out to deceive.
He concludes: “The main thing I want to stress is that I’m not trying to suggest that, while Ancient Aliens got a few claims wrong, there’s room for truth in their main theory. That, in light of this information, is not a tenable position. You have just witnessed the unmistakable symptoms of the entire theory being wrong.”

rest of the article:
www.philipcoppens.com...

Chris White, the author of 'Ancient Aliens Debunked' gave his response to that article in the link below. The war continues.

Source: ancientaliensdebunked.com...

Philip Coppens, who appears often in the Ancient Aliens series responded to “Ancient Aliens Debunked” yesterday in this article called “Debunking Ancient Aliens Debunked.” I will quote sections of that article and respond in this post. I will try not to leave out any important points he makes. His words will be in block quotes, mine will be in the normal type, as you see here.

Gotta love this spiteful ad hominem attack below by Philips, Christianphobes, and the other creatures that are scrambling to uphold their faith in the Ancient Astronaut Theory. When in doubt, always attack the persons character.

Speaking of motive: White is a Christian fundamentalist. So he will side with such topics as the Nephilim as being real, but claims they cannot be alien. As White is somewhat unclear about what he believes they are, I do believe he doesn’t consider them to be human. So if not human, what are they? By default, that makes them alien – though not extraterrestrial as such, indeed – but then the evidence shows they descended, so clearly they came from above, suggestive of an extraterrestrial origin. But at the very least he cannot exclude an extraterrestrial origin. Yet White somehow feels he can! The mind boggles…

To all those who will dismiss the entire video because he happens to be a Christian and based on this one section, I have yet to see any of you actually dismiss it with an objective critique, Philips included. It only shows how pathetic you really are when you get annoyed by someone merely mentioning the Bible, and not just anybody, but Christians in particular. The author was pointing out how they pervert what is said in the Bible to make it seem like its all about E.T's like they do with all other ancient text. Above all the other blatant lies they state about the Bible, they assert that the Nephilim are really the "aliens" that "descended from the sky" and created us when the text clearly says nothing of the sort, elevating this demonic copulation of fallen angels with humans to the level of God. The artificial insemination crap was the shows backhanded way to diminish the divinity of Jesus and imply that he along with Noah was just another alien creation. By the author being Christian, you should have known he was going to have a bone to pick with these looney toons for this butchery.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The H blocks at Puma Punku...
Look like they've come of a production line and they slot together like prefab..
Prefab stone? we don't do that!
Prefab concrete yeh

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this excellent thread. I have been saying for years that to discount human ingenuity when it comes to building masssive structures is somewhat ignorant. Considering that the human brain has not changed at all in thousands of years I think it is entirely possible that we were able to utilize nothing but our intellect and brute strength to create these awesome ancient engineering marvels.
Why must it always be, " We dont think humans could build these things therefore it must be aliens. "?. Like you I have seen ZERO evidence of alien intervention at ANY period of human history.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I for one am kind of pro Ancient Astronaut, however I'm not concerned as how to prove it.

Although I did enjoy the show AA, there are many things I did like and as most of you all know, its all the stuff they made up in order for better ratings. Also Drusicllias debunking video i found interesting, however ancient architectural wonders as well as engineering have never really been my concern. Even though it mysterious and interesting(hippo crit) as to how they were done.

I do believe ancient astronauts have played their influence in cultures, by having vehicles that resemble astrological bodies like the sun, moon, and a couple of planets.

Also if an advanced race wanted us to reach the stars, they would have to let us go at our own pace, and I think this is most gruesome process.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Why Not?

You seem to like to hear yourself talk. You pontificate on this subject as if you are the source of the "True Knowledge".

Have you visited any of these sights mentioned in Ancient Aliens? How long have you researched the subject?

What is your alternative theory? You seem to say that most of the subjects mentioned in the series have no common connection and are just random pieces of data. Some are, but most are very much connected. You need to follow the leads back to where they all intersect. I have, have you?

It is very easy to sit back and declare something is a lie, a conspiracy or even an outright fraud when you hide behind an alias. To me you are just another sorry soul that is afraid to have their version of reality shaken. As the CIA and the debunkers of the past used to say “The easiest conspiracy to maintain is the one where the truth is contrary to a long held belief someone’s version of reality.”

Unless you have gone far enough down that rabbit hole to finally get to the real truth, it is much easier to jump back to your secure version of reality, especially if the Real Truth totally destroys everything that you have ever believed as true.

This Real Truth is comparable to Neo finding out the truth in the Matrix. It is Earth shattering and mind blowing.

"Morpheus: This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

edit on 03/21/2017 by CManetta because: Correction

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CManetta
Why Not?

You seem to like to hear yourself talk. You pontificate on this subject as if you are the source of the "True Knowledge".

Have you visited any of these sights mentioned in Ancient Aliens? How long have you researched the subject?

What is your alternative theory? You seem to say that most of the subjects mentioned in the series have no common connection and are just random pieces of data. Some are, but most are very much connected. You need to follow the leads back to where they all intersect. I have, have you?

It is very easy to sit back and declare something is a lie, a conspiracy or even an outright fraud when you hide behind an alias. To me you are just another sorry soul that is afraid to have their version of reality shaken. As the CIA and the debunkers of the past used to say “The easiest conspiracy to maintain is the one where the truth is contrary to a long held belief someone’s version of reality.”

Unless you have gone far enough down that rabbit hole to finally get to the real truth, it is much easier to jump back to your secure version of reality, especially if the Real Truth totally destroys everything that you have ever believed as true.

This Real Truth is comparable to Neo finding out the truth in the Matrix. It is Earth shattering and mind blowing.

"Morpheus: This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

Right. Citing science fiction - [I]that's[/I] the way to argue your point.

Many of us here have been doing this for a very long time - including the OP.

originally posted by: CManettaIt is very easy to sit back and declare something is a lie, a conspiracy or even an outright fraud when you hide behind an alias. To me you are just another sorry soul that is afraid to have their version of reality shaken. As the CIA and the debunkers of the past used to say “The easiest conspiracy to maintain is the one where the truth is contrary to a long held belief someone’s version of reality.”

Yeah, and it's even easier when the perpetrators of the frauds are caught and admit they were lying to you for your money:
Here's another old thread - this one with the video of what I'm talking about.www.abovetopsecret.com...
Updated link to the vid: www.youtube.com...

Harte

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

"Right. Citing science fiction - [I]that's[/I] the way to argue your point.

Many of us here have been doing this for a very long time - including the OP."

Harte, regardless of the amount of pseudo-science in the show,
there remains a factthat it does reveal and expose to modern day
science. That is the fantastic stone work found in certain places
that pre-date the Incas, the Nazca lines, the one people didn't
make, and Macchu Picchu - built with unparalleled architecture -
and home of the Gods. I particularly enjoy the Acapana pyramid
and of course, those unexplainable blocks at Puma Punku with
inside cut faces that point oblique, like a mortise and tenon.

These guys who did this could so easily saw any sized circle
in granite for anyone they want, like the ancient Egyptians.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 22-3-2017 by ThatHappened because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Harte,

This is a metaphor. Maybe you have heard of them? The origin of the metaphor is irrelevant.

I have no doubt that there are hucksters trying to take your money all over this field of research, but I don't think "Ancient Aliens" is one of these types. Before this show, no one really gathered a large quantity of evidence from all over the world and because of the History Channel's budget these extensive travels and investigations have presented this evidence to the public in an "Entertaining" format where most researchers could never afford to travel to these remote places on the planet.

Yeah, and it's even easier when the perpetrators of the frauds are caught and admit they were lying to you for your money:

There have been many seasons of this show and i will agree that they have been making some wild leaps to keep the show on the air. With that being said, I don't see how this show is defrauding anyone? If you don't like it, you just change the channel. To most people that do like the show it has given us a wealth of information that would not normally be available to us.

Is this Forum designed for skeptics and debunkers. From it's name, it certainly doesn't appear to have debunking foremost in their goals. If I had to guess, you fall in the role of a typical debunker.

Doing what? Investigating the mysteries of the world or debunking free thought and enlightenment?

I would really like to know exactly what you have been doing for a long time.

I personally have been investigating every mystery, secret society, apocryphal text, alien encounter and wild story since 1975 and from what I have found, they all end up in the same place no matter what angle that you start from.

I am not here to attack or insult anyone as you seem to be doing. I am only here to expand my knowledge.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Harte,

This is a metaphor. Maybe you have heard of them? The origin of the metaphor is irrelevant.

I have no doubt that there are hucksters trying to take your money all over this field of research, but I don't think "Ancient Aliens" is one of these types. Before this show, no one really gathered a large quantity of evidence from all over the world and because of the History Channel's budget these extensive travels and investigations have presented this evidence to the public in an "Entertaining" format where most researchers could never afford to travel to these remote places on the planet.

There have been many seasons of this show and i will agree that they have been making some wild leaps to keep the show on the air. With that being said, I don't see how this show is defrauding anyone? If you don't like it, you just change the channel. To most people that do like the show it has given us a wealth of information that would not normally be available to us.

So, you didn't watch the vid? They caught VonDaniken in a lie - he actually paid a potter to create an "artifact" for him. He even admitted it.
EVD is one of the main proponents of the AAH on that show.

Is this Forum designed for skeptics and debunkers. From it's name, it certainly doesn't appear to have debunking foremost in their goals. If I had to guess, you fall in the role of a typical debunker.

The motto of the site is "Deny Ignorance." What does that mean to you?

Doing what? Investigating the mysteries of the world or debunking free thought and enlightenment?

I would really like to know exactly what you have been doing for a long time.

There's this thing here called a "search function." If you really wanted to know, you would.

I've been looking into these things since 1980 or so - before the internet even existed. I've learned a lot. One of the things I know is that "Ancient Aliens" doesn't present any evidence at all - just tired claims that date back (in some cases) almost 60 years. Some claims are a decade or two younger - some are several decades older - all have been completely refuted.

All of them.

Harte

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

So, you didn't watch the vid? They caught VonDaniken in a lie - he actually paid a potter to create an "artifact" for him. He even admitted it.

Your "Video" is a dead link in your first hyper-text link and the second one is a 52 minute video. Do you really expect me to watch a one hour show to validate your position?

The motto of the site is "Deny Ignorance." What does that mean to you?

It depends on your point of view. If this Forum is a home for skeptics I won't waste any more of my time here.

I would really like to know exactly what you have been doing for a "Very long time."

There's this thing here called a "search function." If you really wanted to know, you would.

This is another of your attempts to deflect my questions by suggesting I search this humongous database to find out what you have done to contribute to enlightenment. What makes you an expert in this field? Again, I suggest that you are a common debunker.

Even if Erich von Däniken (who is only a contributor of information) did do something improper 30 years ago it doesn't change the bulk of evidence given in the show. Only a fool would ignore the overwhelming facts of the past 50 years just because of on man's indiscretion.

In his day Erich von Däniken was a pioneer in this field that had to go up against a rigid and self-righteous scientific establishment that still today ignore the obvious facts.

I would like to ask you again and it is a real simple yes or no question have you ever once gone into the field and personally investigated some of these enigmas of the world?

edit on 03/21/2017 by CManetta because: Spelling

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56 >>

join