It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Dead Birds. With a Twist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
i have two theories maybe the recent solar flares messed up something or maybe it could be linked somehow to the E coli outbrake.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lakesidepark
what do robins eat?

I saw somewhere today (maybe here or USA Today, I'll look if some else doesn't find it) something about an earthworm plague somewhere in the midwest or northeast center.....

I heard about that too. Seems thousands were littered in some neighborhoods. The story was actually on Yahoo news, but I didn't see it this morning. I think maybe in Wisconsin or that area??

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Very interesting that they are not being taken by local cats or scavenging birds,I don't suppose that you could take one for analysis to your local university zoological faculty? would be interesting to try and get an idea if this is a "pathogen" that is killing these birds or that there is a natural explanation.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Bird flu maybe?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
ITS THE RADIATION. SURELY!!!

GET A GEIGER COUNTER!!!

BE WARY OF MAYBE CHEMTRAILS CAUSING THE RADIATION DECAY TO SPEED UP.

Thats why they tell people not to let children drink the water. The younger are affected first.

I could be wrong...obviously the tin foil hat is on...but I have been watching radiation going across your whole country.

RADIATION MONITORING WEBSITE

RADIOACTIVE IODINE CLOUD AS OF 13 MAY 2011 @ 1500HRS

If anyone has a geiger counter...maybe monitor the rain. I dont know a lot about radiation poisoning or how much it takes to affect you, but if the youngest are dying it seems to make sense that radiation could be the cause.

edit on 4-6-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Haven't read through all four pages... has it been mentioned yet that perhaps there are no insects because the area is heavily sprayed? A poisoned bug could kill a baby bird, I would think. And it would mean nothing could go near it to eat it. If you live in an area without many wild cats/dogs, there may be nothing around that can get to it.

It's sad & creepy.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

JayinAR,

A week and a half ago my partner Inga came home from work to find all 4 baby Robins (that were in a nest above what we call the Group W Bench) dead on the sidewalk. No scolding Mother, no nothing they were just dead. She found this strange and went to the back yard were a Finch had built a nest in our Weeping Larch to check on her babies and found them dead on the ground also. This was in a span of about 10 hours or less. When we have babies nesting in our yard we check them every morning and night, so much that the mothers just ignore us and feed them with us standing or sitting near the nest. I have lived here 20+ years and this is a First. I did not read the other posts but will when I have more time.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Blue Jays and Starlings are notorious for kicking out the eggs of an unsuspecting bird and laying their own eggs in the nest to be hatched by the foster family. The shells could have been blown away or washed away with the rain being lighter than the bird.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Haven't you had record heat in the area?
Given the place where they're nesting it looks like it could get too hot for them to survive.
You have too many robins for the number of available nesting sites so some have to nest in areas that are not conducive to survival.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This is just another case in Arkansas. There has been others including fish and birds. I don't know if there is a correlation with the earthquakes AR has been having or not. The EQs are around Conway.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It could be something. Ever hear the term Canary in the Mine Shaft? Birds are very sensitive to gas release.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Have you notified the Township about this they should look into this also I would let the local newspapers know so they can print something up about it.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Let the dogs out this morning, they have a small fence area. Juvenile robin on the patio with the leg torn off and tear to the back, and our dog trying to get it, and a scolding mother robin perched on the tree limb above.

Since this doesn't have the 'twist' I hope its the expected norm (bird can't get away from hungry doggie - smells like chicken...) and not a weaker version of whatever this thread is finding.

Just kinda freaky to find a dead bird while reading the net and drinking my morning coffee in contemplation of dead birds and earthworms.

Therefore I'll keep an eye out on my dog (if sick) and the relocated carcass (if eaten by ants).

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I live in Crimora VA, approximately a half hour south of Harrisonburg and about an hour west of Charlottesville in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. In fact, the beginning of Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway is about a half hour drive for me at the most. This is just to give everyone an idea about where I live because I have a feeling that may turn out to be significant.

This AM when I was walking my dog I came across a dead bird on the road behind my home. My first thought was it is a robin since those are the only ones that we have seen so far this year. Still had the pin feathers - the little black spikes (for lack of a better term) - and looked to be pretty good size. My wife and I have raised a couple cockatiels from hatchling on up by hand and these birds looked to be pretty healthy and about the right size to me. Let me point out I am not a vet just someone with some limited experience with raising birds.

There were ants on this bird. I am not sure what kind they were but they were the small black ones. That is all I saw on it which would be a little unusual for this area it would seem to me.

Not sure if this info helps anyone but hopefully it will.

Jim

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
If you're going to call the local news station, I would also get a back up - second opinion (like you said with the vet student friend of yours). I'm curious to know what's going on and the explanations that they give on MSM are very lacking. Seriously, what is so bad that ants and flies won't touch it? That's their job in the order of nature. If their basically just mummifying in the sun, with none of mother nature's decay helpers, then something is wrong. Spraying won't kill every single fly in the area, and they will come from miles around as soon as they smell that decay, same with vultures. Gross I know, but again that's their job, I've even seen half decomposed rabbits with fleas still on what's left of the fur.

Also, why are they leaving dead, mummifying corpses of birds laying around where children are? Kids are curious.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I found a dead baby bird in Northwest Arkansas too, Springdale/Johnson area to be exact! My daughter was playing in her kiddie pool with a strange looking object and upon further investigation it revealed itself to be a little dead bird, very similar to the ones in the pictures. I thought maybe she had found an egg and cracked it because it looked too small to have been hatched. It may have had one small feather. We don't have any trees in the yard and the only place it could have fallen from is a little hole in the overhang of my roof. I looked everywhere for a cracked egg and couldn't find one. Weird.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Lacyisarobot

Springdale area here as well. And I found another. In a completely different location. Pictures follow.

I sent a message to my buddy in Vet school and I'm waiting a reply. I assume he will be more knowledgable on this stuff that most of us here. So in the meantime I am just looking. This new baby looks like a Jay though. I'll have the pics up shortly.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
We (Sweden) had an interesting article regarding the death of birds and other anomalies occuring near the Nordic sea. My money is on diseases and other pollution. Who knows, it was also mentioned that the cellphone radiation was a culprit.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I have, what I believe to be, a very odd case of mass bird deaths happening in the Northwest Arkansas area. The birds affected seem to be robins. I say seem to be because it is hard to tell. They are all babies. Baby birds who are too young to even have feathers, for the most part.

I first noticed the birds on Tuesday, I believe, of this week on a jobsite. I had left the house I was working on to make a trip to Lowes and when I came back two baby birds had apparently fallen from their nest in the big oak tree in the front yard. Landing right in front of where I had parked my truck. Now these birds were not there when I had left only 20 minutes before. I know this because I had to step over them when I was walking back into the house. Furthermore, they were stone dead. I did not get any pictures of these two birds and really didn't think much of it until yesterday, Thursday.

Yesterday my girlfriend was walking home from picking her daughter up at preschool and shot me a text message telling me about all the dead birds next to the building. Curious, I asked her to tell me more about it and she relayed that there were six dead baby birds strewn about the sidewalk near the building, and then I started wondering what was going on. It was only today that I started trying to actually investigate things a little because once again Kay told me today that there were even more dead birds outside the building. Ten or so in total now, and at least one of them had appeared there within a span of three hours today. So, I asked her to snap a few photos and went over myself when I got off work.

Things that seemed very odd to me:

These birds appeared to be dead before they hit the ground. I say this because a baby bird falling from a nest at the height of ten, or even twenty feet, isn't going to die on impact. I believe they are dying in their nests and their mothers are throwing them out.

None of the other birds in the area are concerned about them at all. No swooping my head as I walk amongst their dead young.

No other animals will have anything to do with them. No ants. No beetles. Cats aren't dragging them off. They are just sitting there decomposing.

Blueish colored heads. Even on the ones that are recently deceased. Very noticeable in person. You will have to excuse the rather poor quality of the photos.

So anyhow, has anyone else noticed any of this going on? If not, people may want to start looking. I do not believe this to be an isolated incident. Especially not with all the other birds dropping from the sky. I will continue to keep my eyes peeled and if I find more I will include them here.

Here are some of the pics I have of the birds so far. Thoughts?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c874e11c8af.jpg[/atsimg]
This is a picture of the general area several of these have been found. That awning serves as a nesting area to several robins.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/49bde9dc1513.jpg[/atsimg]
This is a closeup of one of the baby birds. As you can see there is some severe discoloration around the head and these birds are much too young to be taking their first flight and just falling to the concrete below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7368c9dfd122.jpg[/atsimg]
Two near eachother. One very recent the other has been there for a little while. Amazed that they aren't being drug off by cats or something.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f1771f8452ed.jpg[/atsimg]
Two more.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0e0f5ec0a5cb.jpg[/atsimg]
And finally this one. This bird has apparently been there for awhile now. Yet there it remains. Nothing has taken it off. It is like nothing wants any part of these birds.

I believe they are dying in their nests and being thrown out like trash by their mothers. Likely due to some sort of illness. Kinda dissettling.
edit on 3-6-2011 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

your saying nobody wants anything to do with them yet they are decomposing, aka something is eating them.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
this has to be HAARP!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join