It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Dead Birds. With a Twist?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Okay, here is another bird I found today. In a completely different area. I found this one just walking outside to enjoy the sun. Wasn't even looking for it. Almost stepped on it. I really feel like this is a widespread affair.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5360530db52f.jpg[/atsimg]
Didn't do a very good job on the pictures this time. But here is the general area in which this baby (jay?) was found. It's out in front of our apartment building. No nesting areas in sight. A fair distance from any potential sights.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f37bffe9548.jpg[/atsimg]
And here is a picture of the poor guy. It is obvious he was dropped there.

ETA: And once again I can't stress enough that there should be ants all over this bird. He is laying in the dirt, for pete's sake.
edit on 4-6-2011 by JayinAR because: More info

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Good afternoon all! This was slightly freaky! I read this post last night and woke up to find a dead pigeon outside my flat!! nothing mysterious I don't think, just weird I was reading about this and then that happened!

Anyways... below is a link to an awesome website I visit all the time, it's great for unbiased information regarding world events. If you scroll down under the map there are lists of current events, and one of the lists is titled "mass deaths of animals" there are lots of reports and such with loads of info, so although they might not report everything that is happening, reading the other reports might help you find some answers or give you some ideas or connections! just thought i'd pop it up here for you guys anyway x

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Hope the birds aren't in too much danger!

May you all have a lovely day x x

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
the fact that nothing is eating it suggests that there must be something toxic involved, however, this does not mean an epidemic or anything

i remember my dad telling me about how bad margerine is for you and he said that if we stuck it on a fencepost in the shade, it would stay there pretty much indefinitely.. nothing would eat it. because animals can sense that it is unhealthy, and that there are pretty much no natural ingrediants in there

another thing that stands out about this to me is that mama birds feed the babies, and this case seems to be isolated to the babies right? so how can it affect the one, and not the other? very curious,
edit on 4/6/11 by emptyOmind because: after thoughts

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

They are becoming mummified, not eaten. They have that dried up look to them, not juicy (gross yes but true) and covered in bugs. They lost all their moisture from being in the sun.

Edit to add: In one of the pics it does look like at least one of them has been 'eaten' but where are the flies and ants for his buddy lying right next to him. Either way it's still odd.
edit on 4-6-2011 by Ranthenae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I live downtown and the birds, while migrating, take nest in the trees. Sometimes other birds will come in and actually start shaking a limb that a baby bird is on. They are dead all over the place here, but its from their own doing. Thank god for cats.
edit on 4-6-2011 by Stringycheeseman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by emptyOmind
the fact that nothing is eating it suggests that there must be something toxic involved, however, this does not mean an epidemic or anything......

.....mama birds feed the babies, and this case seems to be isolated to the babies right? so how can it affect the one, and not the other? very curious,

[total wild speculation fueled with caffiene]

baby birds much like mammals are still developing and are more susceptible to outside agents (whether this be a disease, radiation, toxin), but of course there will be a subset of the older juveniles and adults that will also fall ill / sick / poisoned.

Of added note is that some diseases can produce toxins so there is another quandry to ponder upon.

Another possibility could be that the disease / toxin / radioactive particle accumulation is being carried / produced / accumulated in the mother and being passed to the baby thru the external vector.

[/end of total wild speculation and attempt at smart talk]

Haven't checked my fresh carcass for ants yet. Still drinking coffee. I will take a picture and learn how to get on here if there are no ants for sure.
edit on 4-6-2011 by lakesidepark because: more random thoughts, thats all.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

those look like robins to me, thats weird, cant think of why that would happen

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Have they been spraying for mosquitoes up there yet? Sense some are suggesting it might be something toxic, being the reason no animals are eating them. I grew up in midwest and northwestern Arkansas and i have heard that tyson chicken and cobb both have test facilities for their poultry up there. I know im going way out on a limb here, and am being highly speculative, but maybe they got into some chemicals at one of these places?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

again, take a few in to a vet of some sort. your pics are really not furthering anything substantive.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Those are normal looking. Bird's will tend to rid of their young if the young come in contact with any other bird species, even human's. If the scent is on them the mother bird won't care for them.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
......Strange indeed

I wonder if the recent record breaking temperatures have something to do with it?

S&F OP....What is it with our State and dead birds these days??

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
my neighbors had 4 baby birds in their drive way about a week ago. They laid there and rotted. I don't know if insects got to them..yesterday they found a about 8 little tiny infants of some kind maybe mice...in the drive way. They were all still living..

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
West Nile

I wonder if this is West Nile Virus popping up it head. This news article requests bird deaths be reported for testing so it is a possibility.

"Beginning Monday, May 16, the Mosquito Control Section requests that the public report sick or dead birds of the following species only: crows, blue jays, cardinals, robins, and hawks or owls, plus clusters of five or more sick or dead wild birds of any species.

Bird specimens should have been dead for less than 24 hours and not appear to have died or been killed by other obvious causes. The collecting and testing of virus-suspect wild birds may continue through the end of September, said Mosquito Control Administrator Dr. William Meredith."

Especially with some of the posts indicating the weather is particularly warm, and with such a wet season as we have had, maybe the mosquito population is thriving?

"Weather conditions could also impact this year's West Nile numbers, whether found in wild birds, sentinel chickens or mosquitoes themselves, as evidence suggests outbreaks might be more severe during abnormally hot years –"

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Don't know if this was suggested or not, it would be nice if you had access to a geiger counter or radiation detection device. Would ants or bugs stay away from natural disease or chemical illness in a dead animal?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BuffDaddy

This area has seen record amounts of rain this spring and we are currently experiencing record heat....could be on to something....

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Good detective work, Jay.

*Hands Jay a shiny new Detective Badge*

It's the dying bird conspiracy... now you need to take some samples of urine and fecies so we can get this analyzed....

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Silly "conspiracy theorists", it's obviously fireworks

Okay, now that I got that out of the way, interesting thread OP.

Miners have used birds for centuries to test the air if they could breathe in the mines, so they are super-sensitive.

Japan radiation anyone???

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

I have messaged my buddy on facebook who is in vet school. The problem with just taking them into the vet is I don't really wanna have too much contact with them, ya know. He will know the proper course of action. The idea behind posting more photos is to show it is more widespread than a coupla starlings kicking some chicks out of their nest.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The annual Wal-Mart Shareholders meeting has been going on for the past few days. Thousands of people from all over the world are converging into Northwest Arkansas. My brain isn't too fast to conspire, but I'll give it a shot. Maybe Walmart is trying to poison Tyson Chicken which is located right down the street so that they can increase profit from Great Value chicken products and the poor baby birds have gotten caught in the crossfire.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

I have messaged my buddy on facebook who is in vet school. The problem with just taking them into the vet is I don't really wanna have too much contact with them, ya know. He will know the proper course of action. The idea behind posting more photos is to show it is more widespread than a coupla starlings kicking some chicks out of their nest.

i suggest covering your face via your t-shirt, and then implementing the old dog turd retrieval method: putting your hand in a plastic bag, grasping the dead bird through the bag, then turning it inside out leaving the bird inside, then tie it up. then you don't even have to touch it. granted, this is not the most scientific approach, but hey, it should work

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join