It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Dead Birds. With a Twist?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jankopernik

Any ideas on why these birds don't have insects all over them?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Could it have been due to the weather there on May 22?
See weather vid: www.youtube.com...

Maybe a tornado swooped them up... and just now they are coming out of the sky. Had been in the upper current a while?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

Nah, we didn't have any tornadoes in this exact location. And these birds are in close proximity to their nests.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Oh ok. So you have matched all those birds with their nests then.
I tried

That is weird. I'd have a vet make sure they aren't diseased or something.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Being spring, or the pretty active spring weather wise across the US, including the heat now in some places, could play a factor. Feral cats wouldn't leave the bodies as such. As others have mentioned, maybe the chicks did fall from the tree, as some do and not survive and were not cleaned up naturally. Also, the fact of disease such as botulism and salmonella

Talk with your local wildlife center... even bring in a carcass, as they may not be alerted of this and/or may be able to help you figure out what is going on.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
There have been sporadic high winds and excessive heat recently, could that have been the cause? This just breaks my heart because the CTer in me thinks it is from the contaminated rains or even a precursor to a major EQ...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It is unusual that ants have not carried them off though. Can you take them to be tested?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I agree with the many other posters who say you should take a few in to a vet to be 'tested'.

keep us posted.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Two things came to mind right away that would make those bird deaths happen up here in Saskatchewan...crop dusting and spraying for mosquitoes, other than that, your guess is as good as mine.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Hey... I was doing some thinking (duh)....

Check out this thread. he nuclear reactor in Port Gibson is in a direct path to Nw Arkansas???
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe mutated babies???

check the map out????maps.google.com...:0x713cde323d65000,Port+Gibson,+M S&gl=us&ei=IuLpTbPVIqbdiALHwu2QAQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCwQ8gEwAA

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I have a feeling that these birds just weren't taking the food offered - some genetic internal defect - perhaps caused by the radiation in the air so the mother discarded them!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
it is really consurning reading of all these mass fish nd bird die offs over the last year.
Does anybody know if there has been more then normal die off's with the fish and the birds.
i know that its not unheard of for these types of things I've just never noticed so many in such a short time before

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
So far, none of these possible explanations are reasons for ants, flies, cats, and whatever else to not see these as a free dinner. The way flies are these days! Aggressive hungry lil creatures I tell you!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Star for your post.

Radiation would affect birds before humans. (Japan incident)

Someone that finds these birds ought to take them to a vet or vet student and check them out, also highly consider the radiation theory............but do not report it to the CDC as they are a part of the government I don't trust.

We have had a lot of beautiful adult robins.

Haven't seen any babies yet though and I'm in Illinois.

Will ask around.

Sad, and I could see a few here or there the the numbers are escalating with just a few of the ATS members.

Maybe it's a bio hazard thing being "tried out" again it's a sad day when you don't trust your government........and I'm talking nationally. I've met and like my local government (village).

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I live in Arkansas as well, although I haven't seen any dead birds. It has been really hot in the high 90's here, which leads me to believe baby birds in enclosed nests may have died due to the heat.

Also, they are spraying for mosquitoes here and lightening bugs are out already too.

The only thing I've noticed out of the ordinary is the massive amount of gnats at Bear Creek Lake when I went fishing the other day.

I will keep my eyes open for baby birds now, thanks for the info.
edit on 4-6-2011 by CN1018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Strange and sad.
Glad you got the photos to post.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Very sad and very strange that no insects are eating away at them.
I know when i've seen dead birds/rats/mice there are insects all over them.

Seem to be a lot of death going on!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I've been bugged about this situation, but once I read your sentence, "No other animals will have anything to do with them. No ants. No beetles. Cats aren't dragging them off. They are just sitting there decomposing." it just hit me - something VERY strange is going on. I have NEVER seen any dead animal, roadkill or not, that was not covered by ants, worms, or teeth marks in my time. This is strange. VERY strange.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

While I am pretty hesitant to suggest that a dozen or so dead baby birds, even from two locations is much more than a coincedance (most of the 'mass bird deaths' I've read about have involved at least a hundred or more) I found one thing that you said curious enough that I felt I should comment....The strange 'blue' coloring on their head. I know that blue stains (usually on the beak) have been reported in pretty much all of these mass bird death stories....Such as this one that I just found doing a random search on the web.....That does lend some credibility to your experience......So who knows?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Not necessarily the same thing going on, but up here in my neck of the woods in Massachusetts we are seeing adult birds dying. Not in mass like what was happening in Beebe and those other places. I believe that the type of bird we are seeing are sparrows.
They started dying off a few days before the tornadoes came through up here, and they are continuing to go.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join