It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Better World Without Men?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
I want to make clear from the very beginning that my intention is not to bash men or women during this discussion. Both sexes poses positive and negative traits. I only wish to explore a hypothetical world not operated or dominated by testosterone/men. ....

From the article you linked "SEEMINGLY random acts of violence by bottlenose dolphins on porpoises could be down to sexual frustration among young males...."

If you want to see a better world maybe women need to start sleeping around. Just going off what the article states

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison
only a woman can take the life of a human she herself gave birth too. Those crimes are the ones that get to me the most. And I'm not talking about abortion.

Peace,
-Bob
edit on 3/6/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

Excuse me..are you trying to say no father has ever killed his own child ???

C'mon now..I think you need to do a little research on that one..not to mention the ones that have tortured and molested their own.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
A world without men:

Tolerable 3 weeks out of every month.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
A better world with out men?

Heres what you do, No longer use ANYTHING that was built or invented by a man. Ok so now you are outside naked in the rain with nothing, still think the world would be better without men?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

But where did I say anything about women not being productive in society? All I implied was a world without men would have no society. The OP forgot about how men pretty much created everything we use today.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by palko
A better world with out men?

Heres what you do, No longer use ANYTHING that was built or invented by a man. Ok so now you are outside naked in the rain with nothing, still think the world would be better without men?

You've missed my point. If you wish to discuss the topic, please read the original post so that you understand what's going on. I continue to be surprised by posters who come to this thread offended, telling me that without men we would have nothing. I know some of you guys think women are completely useless and too dumb to invent, hunt or sow up some clothes, or maybe you just feel hurt by the title. I admit, the title is a bit provocative (as one poster mentioned) so I suppose I can understand the initial tendency to feel unwanted. I assure you this is not the case at all. All you have to do is spend five minutes reading the OP, and I think you'll be OK.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Text Blue
Men and women have the same ability to be cruel to their fellow human. But I ask this, which one of all species kills it's young? In the real world it is the females. In the wild, you will see the mother attacking, and eating the deformed young. In humans, mothers will most likely kill their children rather than the fathers. So, who is the most violent? We both are, male and female. Male will fight for which ever can be the most dominate. Females will kill their young, for what reason with humans, it is questionable. But both are capable of extreme violence. A world without males, in any form, will be the end of that species. The same applies in a world without females.
Neither can survive without the other. No matter how cruel.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Wow,

"I can tell you that if I decide to travel to a seedy neighborhood, I'm not afraid of what some woman might do to me, I'm more afraid of what a man, or group of men might do to me for my car, my money, or any number of things they may not like about me."

This part of your ramble clearly shows you are very judgmental and that stems from being cowardly in nature. Not that im against sexism and your right to feel afraid of what-ever you choose to be afraid of, after all fear is purely mental. It can be overcome though with some help and a will to strengthen your weakened mind.

Why fear what has not happened yet.

Your next paragraph is comical at best and naive and pathetic at worst -

"Some would argue that male aggression is nature's way of keeping a territorial balance. Men are hunters and protectors by nature. While this may be true to some extent, is the use of that aggression necessary in today's day and age, and is it something that can be overcome? Though imperfect, I consider most human beings quite intelligent, and smart enough to figure out that killing somebody for money or selling somebody into sexual slavery is not the best solution to a problem. I don't feel that raping, repeat-killing (serial killers), abusing, or torturing is necessary to a person's survival in most (if not all) cases. Why do so many men (as opposed to women) choose to commit violent acts?"

Well this is about as ludicrous as it gets. Clearly your lack of research is showing here.

The following women are NOT noted for their kindness and maternal instinct.

Elizabeth Bathory - Killed upto 600 children
Aileen Wuornos - Serial Killer
Belle Guiness - Serial Killer
Amelia Dyer - Serial Killer
Darya Saltykova - Serial Killer
Dana Sue Gray - Serial Killer
Daisy de Melker - Serial Killer
Elfriede Blauensteiner - Serial Killer
Genene Jones - Serial Killer
Irene Leidolf - Serial Killer
Gwendolyn Graham - Serial Killer
Kristen Gilbert - Serial Killer
Mary Ann Cotton - Serial Killer
Rhonda Belle Martin - Serial Killer

These few women are among hundreds of female serial killers. You dont know about them because they are not as infamous as Ted bundy, Dahmer, or the Monster of the Andes.

Violence is not confined to one sex. The one thing you fail to understand is that as HUMANS the one thing we are all good at is - Killing each other.

You argument or thread is devoid any real sense of intelligence. I can understand that some women are afraid of certain types of males based on looks but that can be said of anybody for anything.

To scale down aggression we can start by making sure people like yourself and others dont wildly make startling misguided statements about a certain group of people.

Who will you attack next? Jews, Muslims, the disabled?

The pick is yours. No star and NO flag. Just a roll of the eyes and a laugh at the office.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

I can tell you what I WOULDN'T do. I wouldn't kill or torture somebody to obtain food. I would look for all other ways before reducing myself to a violent, sadistic criminal. Despite that, your argument is flawed for the following reasons: I'm not arguing against stealing food when you're starving. I'm arguing against sadistic, violent and deadly crimes, something the male gender dominates by a very large margin. I never said I want to rid the planet of all men. I said I want to rid men (who are afflicted) of their sadistically violent streak.

I get what you are saying 2manyquestions ...and yes..the world would be a better place without those men with the very sadistic violent streaks. I'm sorry if I misunderstood your first post....and you seem to be getting way too much flack, for making an obvious point about sadistic violent behavior.

But this means we get to keep all the ones who aren''t sadistic ,and violent correct ?

Oh..can we toss out all the sadistic violent women too..maybe the same place as the men go ..just so they have some company

I think you're right about the title. Despite the question mark at the end, most posters look at the title and read: "A world without men would kick ass!!!" They come in here ready to tare me into shreds before they dedicate a few minutes to reading the OP. To answer your question, yes.... we do get to keep the good ones.

This is all hypothetical, and truly my curiosity doesn't go beyond simply wondering what a female-dominated world would look like. I'm not getting ready to kill off all the males, I don't want to take over the world, I just wonder what the world would look like if men were not the dominant factor. I wonder what kind of technology we would have, whether we would have less poverty and crime, whether we would continue to adhere to the beauty standards that are set in certain cultures, so on and so forth. I didn't realize how offensive such an idea would be to the ATS crowd. I thought people here liked to think outside the box once in a while.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
You want to know the secret?
All people do evil things some are worse than others some say but in the end that is just an opion.
What happens when you remove all evil?
Ya, I think thats the better question.
edit on 3-6-2011 by Doublemint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by testtubebaby

Wow,

"I can tell you that if I decide to travel to a seedy neighborhood, I'm not afraid of what some woman might do to me, I'm more afraid of what a man, or group of men might do to me for my car, my money, or any number of things they may not like about me."

This part of your ramble clearly shows you are very judgmental and that stems from being cowardly in nature. Not that im against sexism and your right to feel afraid of what-ever you choose to be afraid of, after all fear is purely mental. It can be overcome though with some help and a will to strengthen your weakened mind.

You might label it as being judgmental, and I might label it as survival instinct in overdrive. I'm not afraid of every man I encounter, if that's what you're insinuating. I do have the ability to discern between threatening and non-threatening situations.

Why fear what has not happened yet.

I don't live in fear of men 24/7, but when I'm in a vulnerable situation, I do try to be prepared for what might happen. It's called survival instinct. I suppose you've never felt afraid? Maybe you're strong and confident enough that if you encountered a shady group of people, you feel you'll be able to get away unscathed. I don't know if you are a man or a woman. I'm going to assume by your reply that you're a man, so maybe you don't realize that women face many frightening situations at the hands of bad men more frequently than you think. For example taking the train alone can be an adventure. Walking down the street can become uncomfortable. Walking out of a night club can be dangerous. Many of us may walk away unhurt, but many don't. That's just the way it is.

Your next paragraph is comical at best and naive and pathetic at worst -

"Some would argue that male aggression is nature's way of keeping a territorial balance. Men are hunters and protectors by nature. While this may be true to some extent, is the use of that aggression necessary in today's day and age, and is it something that can be overcome? Though imperfect, I consider most human beings quite intelligent, and smart enough to figure out that killing somebody for money or selling somebody into sexual slavery is not the best solution to a problem. I don't feel that raping, repeat-killing (serial killers), abusing, or torturing is necessary to a person's survival in most (if not all) cases. Why do so many men (as opposed to women) choose to commit violent acts?"

Well this is about as ludicrous as it gets. Clearly your lack of research is showing here.

Please explain what part you find ludicrous, and why. To state that something is ridiculous without giving a reason and without arguing your point is not a good way to have a meaningful discussion.

The following women are NOT noted for their kindness and maternal instinct.

Elizabeth Bathory - Killed upto 600 children
Aileen Wuornos - Serial Killer
Belle Guiness - Serial Killer
Amelia Dyer - Serial Killer
Darya Saltykova - Serial Killer
Dana Sue Gray - Serial Killer
Daisy de Melker - Serial Killer
Elfriede Blauensteiner - Serial Killer
Genene Jones - Serial Killer
Irene Leidolf - Serial Killer
Gwendolyn Graham - Serial Killer
Kristen Gilbert - Serial Killer
Mary Ann Cotton - Serial Killer
Rhonda Belle Martin - Serial Killer

These few women are among hundreds of female serial killers. You dont know about them because they are not as infamous as Ted bundy, Dahmer, or the Monster of the Andes.

For some reason guys in this thread love to compile lists of cruel women, driven men, what men can create that women can't, etc. Would you like me to compile a list of all male serial killers? It would be a very long list, longer than that of women. Listing these things is pointless. I don't discount the fact that women can also be cruel and commit horrific acts. I am arguing that many more men are incarcerated for violent crimes than women, and the ratio seems alarming.

Violence is not confined to one sex. The one thing you fail to understand is that as HUMANS the one thing we are all good at is - Killing each other.

I never said violence is confined to one sex. I do not fail to understand that both women and men are capable of being violent. I state this in my OP a couple of times.

You argument or thread is devoid any real sense of intelligence. I can understand that some women are afraid of certain types of males based on looks but that can be said of anybody for anything.

Nice stab at my intelligence. Insults will definitely get you far in life. Clearly you do not understand what women go through when they encounter a man who looks and behaves in a threatening manner. It's not just a man's looks alone that frighten some of us, it's the behavior, their body language and words that come out of their mouths. Men in and of themselves are not frightening. Predatory men are.

To scale down aggression we can start by making sure people like yourself and others dont wildly make startling misguided statements about a certain group of people.

O.K. So the way you would solve this problem is by shutting me up? Sounds familiar. When you don't like what you hear, do you always try to sensor people, or do you try to have a proper discussion first? Judging from your post, I'm glad you're not in charge.

Who will you attack next? Jews, Muslims, the disabled?

The pick is yours. No star and NO flag. Just a roll of the eyes and a laugh at the office.

Oh, yes... I'll start picking on the disabled, the cancer patients, and while I'm at it I'll go eat a new-born baby for dinner. I am a very bad person.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a world without men would just result in all women killing themselves off. they wouldnt have a purpose, and wouldnt be able to have kids.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear 2manyquestions,

I do understand where you are coming from; but, it is not males, it is selfishness that drives evil. There have been Queens and they have been quite good at waging war. Cleopatra was certainly no saint. All men are not rapists, murderers or thieves. I personally resent being grouped in with rapists, I have been with one woman in my whole life and that was my ex-wife. I am 51. She cheated on me and left me for a life of leisure, didnt work out that way. Even after that I don't want a world without women, I have daughters and love them. A woman hurt me, not all women. Some men hurt women, not all men. That is my point.

We now have special programs being developed to tell girls not to abandon their babies in trash bins, no, plenty of selfishness from all genders. We should worry about selfishness not genders. Be well.

Thank you for making a calm and well-mannered reply. I want to assure you that I do not place all men into the violent, sadistic and deprived group. I do state this in my OP one way or another. My concern is only with the number of males being incarcerated as opposed to the number of women being incarcerated. I am fully aware that women are no angles, but despite their tendency to be cruel, they still do not commit violent and sadistic acts at the rate that the male gender seems to. My post was meant to explore the possibility of a female-dominated world, not a world completely absent of men.
I am sorry that your relationship with your ex didn't work out. I am happy to hear that you didn't allow the emotional pain to affect your view of women. Despite the direction this thread is heading, I do not feel resentment for men. I have met many wonderful men, and I've also been hurt and disappointed by men. My motto is that just because one dog bit me, doesn't mean the next one will also. I respect every individual until they prove themselves unworthy of my respect.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegasface
a world without men would just result in all women killing themselves off. they wouldnt have a purpose, and wouldnt be able to have kids.

Not that I'm advocating a world without men, but why would women not have a purpose without men? Science is a fascinating thing, and makes things that were previously impossible, possible. Admittedly it might be a boring and unromantic world at least for a while, but I'm sure women would find a purpose to live for even without men if it came down to it.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
What is the fundamental difference between men and women?

Is it primary sex characteristics?

Is it societal expectations?

Is it psychological dispositions?

We need to figure these out before considering something that is impossible: "a world without men".

Those are all good questions, and I'd love to be able to compile those differences to create a hypothetical world where women were dominant. This is more along the path I was aiming for when I created the thread, so thanks for participating.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

To 2many questions

Your OP was a reasonable post, but what you don’t understand is that the men on this forum are not reasonable on the most part.

Anyway, what probably will occur if by some freak of nature men weren’t around anymore, is that in time men or some simile of the male would be produced out of the remaining females and whether they would be better than what men are now is the question that may depend on what is inside the men, and woman, at the time of their new creation.

Perhaps nature will replace the men and bring a better lot.

I think you have brought this fear in some?
edit on 4-6-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SophyC76
look at all these men getting butt hurt because someone suggested the world would be better without men
as if years and years of oppression to keep women away from the real world did not happen
so pathetic, and I do believe if men stepped aside and allowed women to rule for a few decades the world will be in fact a better place.

-plays the worlds smallest violin-
Cry us men a river so we may bathe in your tears.
edit on 4-6-2011 by EpicLulz2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2011 by EpicLulz2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

I have read through a majority of the posts and have not come across how you would achieve a world without men.
Would you
1.Kill all the males?
2.Kill all the males in the womb?
3.Kill all the males after birth?

Doing any of these things would that not make you what you despise most in males?

I'm surprised you didn't find the answer to these questions when reading the thread. To answer them, no, I would not kill all the males in any way, shape or form. I don't want to kill anyone. I simply ask the question; How do we reduce crime among males? There are many men who never hurt anyone, but at the same time jails are filled with men at a very disproportionate number to women. I'm trying to figure out if this dramatic difference in incarceration has anything to do with high levels of testosterone, or if this is something else entirely. Clearly men and women differ in this respect, as many more men are found committing violent crimes as opposed to women.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal

To 2many questions

Your OP was a reasonable post, but what you don’t understand is that the men on this forum are not reasonable on the most part.

Anyway, what probably will occur if by some freak of nature men weren’t around anymore, is that in time men or some simile of the male would be produced out of the remaining females and whether they would be better than what men are now is the question that may depend on what is inside the men, and woman, at the time of their new creation.

Perhaps nature will replace the men and bring a better lot.

I think you have brought this fear in some?
edit on 4-6-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

Thanks for making a refreshing, rational post. I don't know if they're unreasonable, but a lot of them seem to shoot first and ask questions later (if at all).

That's an interesting point! Maybe if men were to disappear, women would start grouping themselves into the submissive and dominant groups. Maybe the dominant ones would become a milder version of the current male. Maybe they would start forming groups of those who wish to procreate, and those who choose to become providers for the mothers and children. It would create an interesting dynamic. I do wonder.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join