It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the sun setting at a diffirent point on the horizon than at the exact same date last year?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

good thought......hum.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by speaknoevil07

Ive posted in the past that even the sky is diffirent as well. I guess your right no one cares.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Not quite sure how you managed that.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1adddacaf26a.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
it is very fortunate of you that the older picture from last year is the panoramic one, this will make it easy for comparison, all you gotta do now is get out there next sunset and take another panoramic photo from the same position as the other panoramic photo,

two photos, viewing the same scene, both with the sun in two different spots, see what im saying? make this as obvious as possible,

would be the best thing you can do not just for yourself but for everyone who may see this report of yours

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I have noticed the same thing. I have also noticed the amount of ambient light after sunset is different. Right now we get ambient light until 8:30 which well past last years solstice mark. The sun is indeed different in many ways.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
I'm sure some educated person will come along and explain it all for you... not me though because I wondered something similar a couple of days back.

I'm aware of the apparent movement of the Sun through the seasons but the lack of morning sun in may backyard at this time of the year is what got me questioning my own sanity.... and we all should know I must be crazy.
tayesin, old friend, it isn't just you that is noticing these things; I have spent the last 2 winters working outside at the same exact site, and this past winter it appeared to me that the winter morning sun was farther south as it arose than the year before; i have also lived in the same house for 48 years, and the sun today set farther north than it ever has in my memory; but, as you say, 2 crazy old coots like us may be mistaken or just under-informed.

seeker

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Just shopped the photo. not really enough there. I can clearly see its about 1.5 times the sun distance off to one side now. In order to get anyone to listen you will need to do the following:

Return to the same spot where those two bends are in the fence in the foreground and snap from the exact same position.

What would have been very helpful would be and older pic with the same broken branches. The thing is if we picked up a bad wobble in our rotation, no one will ever notice if tptb dont tell us, unless people gather facts on their own and stay true to replicating the exact same circumstances.

Lots of people are noticing this. it would be nice to see that second pic from the same place.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

I know it sounds crazy but I believe that it is light later than it used to be. I live a very scheduled life and am certain that the light is different. I believe the amount of light we have is "off" by about twenty minutes in the evening. I first noticed this in January. I can't speak for morning. I am not nearly as observant then!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva

Ive posted in the past that even the sky is diffirent as well. I guess your right no one cares.

I must disagree, captiva; many of us care, but for each of us that does notice and does care that something isnoticeably and radically different there are a multitude to blow it off as being nonsense or delusion; as others have asked, if possible, take another shot tomorrow at the same exact spot you snapped last year's so we can see the difference for ourselves, please.

seeker

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I just moved north 400 miles and can't say for sure, been here 8 months, but if I was back in Houston I would know, cause I marked the sun's shadow of my roof line, The pitch of the roof. That house faced east and west and I watched for 8 years the travel of the sun.
Here it does seem to be a little farther south, just have not had the chance to mark a years worth of sun travel.
I suggest, even though we may not have the time to do so, mark the shadow.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

How do you classify those that see the Sun rise and set exactly where it should be?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I've noticed no differences other than typical seasonal cycles. The sun rises and sets in the same place as it always has: it shines in my bedroom window in the morning and on my back yard patio door like it has for the past 10 years.
I'm in Southern California, USA, by the way.

Maybe Scotland turned 90 degrees?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
A couple of months ago (February 2011 specifically) I noticed that the sun was rising and setting in drastically different spots than previous years. Since I didn't see any news or explanations for this, I passed it off to mind-tricks.

But now I'm beginning to think that Earth may be experiencing an axis shift.

just googled axis shift;

this site is interesting:
www.divulgence.net...

it states that the axis is shifting and gives many supporting details for this theory. take a look.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, I don't classify anyone; that isn't my department; but I as does my dear old friend Tayesin, admit that I must be crazy if everyone else is sane... simple enough,amigo? And perhaps that A) some if not most (other than our members here) probably seldom notice the difference; mayhap in their slice of reality it isn't any different than the norm they are accustomed to; but it appears to be in mine.

seeker

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

but for each of us that does notice and does care that something isnoticeably and radically different there are a multitude to blow it off as being nonsense or delusion;

Not a classification? Not "us and them"? And it seems to be rather biased as to who are the good guys.
edit on 6/2/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Hi friend,

Yep. Maybe our perceptions are off a little, but I do think some things are a little different to how we have normally perceived them to be over the past half century.

I plead insanity anyway, so let the young ones argue.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

now Phage, don't take a generalisation and try to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear; I expect more from you; here is the entire post I replied to, not the snippet you used :

Originally posted by captiva

I must disagree, captiva; many of us care, but for each of us that does notice and does care that something isnoticeably and radically different there are a multitude to blow it off as being nonsense or delusion; as others have asked, if possible, take another shot tomorrow at the same exact spot you snapped last year's so we can see the difference for ourselves, please.

I am not getting into a pissing match with you over semantics or saying anything more to detract from the topic at hand, which is "why is the sun setting at a different point".

I stated my observations and my personal opinions, no less, no more, and whether or not I classified any other than myself is iirrevelant to the topic, sir.

nuff said.

seeker

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

Here's the topic from earlier this year about the sun rising two days early after the polar night.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I believe that's maybe what you referred to?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

quite so, my dear OZ friend, quite so. Perceptions can be misleading, and statements mis-construed; someone stated earlier that the Innuit have commented; how about the sage abo's in your home? Just curious...

seeker

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Is this the location your pictures were taken? Are these houses the ones in the picture above? According to the little man, the angles are not really 90 degrees apart, assuming I've got the view direction close to your pictures. I could only be accurate if I knew where in the field you were standing when you took each picture.

Edit: New info and possible explanation:

According to Stellarium, the sun should have set at ~310 degrees NW in your location on the 2nd of June in both 2010 and 2011, this would be in agreement with the second picture depicting houses through trees. it would be inconsistent with the first picture depicting a field with 3 large buildings in the background. The sun should have set at that angle shown in the first picture sometime in fall or winter, which would be in agreement with the leafless state of the trees in that picture.

Theory: The pictures were not taken at the same time of year.
edit on 2-6-2011 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join