It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the sun setting at a diffirent point on the horizon than at the exact same date last year?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I live in the west Coast of Scotland and I am a Pro Photographer by trade. Today a neighbour mentioned that in her 4 years in her house she has never had any sun in her back garden untill late afternoon due to the location of the house, but today the sun was blazing down at 12.00 noon.

Tonight at sunset I went to one of my local spots to take some photographs and noticed that the sun was not setting in the same place as last year on the exact same date. ( I checked a sunset photograph from the 2nd June 2010) .Taking a clock face to empahasise what I mean, The sun set at 12 last year, yet tonight it set at the 3.00 o,clock point. I hope my explanation is understandable.?

This is probably something simple to explain, so I am all ears.

Respects.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Those trees and mountains move around all the time.

You are not supposed to notice. Forget you ever mentioned it.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Can you please post these two images so we can review them?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
for one

the earth shifted its axis with the japan earthquake

second

the 7degrees admitted pole shift at the tampa airport

i am sure there is other reasons as well

but these two come to mind

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Since you're in Scotland, you've plenty of prehistoric stone markers for keeping solar time, much like Stonehenge. Try to be at one on the summer solstice and check the alignment at sunrise. If the sun has moved even a bit in the past 10,000 years, it'd be a dead give-a-way.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther9111776

This was a magnetic pole shift not a land shift.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

That wouldnt be helpfull as they are not wide landscape photographs so there is no point of reference in the photographs unless you know the location. Both are sunset pics but they are so diffirent due to the position of the sunset that there is no corresponding views in them.

Edit to add...I will post them anyway

Respects
edit on 2-6-2011 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Could this not be from axial precession?

Wiki Axial precession

For example, suppose that the Earth's orbital position is marked at the summer solstice, when the Earth's axial tilt is pointing directly towards the Sun. One full orbit later, when the Sun has returned to the same apparent position relative to the background stars, the Earth's axial tilt is not now directly towards the Sun: because of the effects of precession, it is a little way "beyond" this. In other words, the solstice occurred a little earlier in the orbit.

edit on 2-6-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by BIGPoJo

That wouldnt be helpfull as they are not wide landscape photographs so there is no point of reference in the photographs unless you know the location. Both are sunset pics but they are so diffirent due to the position of the sunset that there is no corresponding views in them.

Respects

Still, I would like to see the pics to do some measurements. If you claim that they were taken from the exact same position then that is all I will need. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Uploading them now...
Second line

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I'm sure some educated person will come along and explain it all for you... not me though because I wondered something similar a couple of days back.

I'm aware of the apparent movement of the Sun through the seasons but the lack of morning sun in may backyard at this time of the year is what got me questioning my own sanity.... and we all should know I must be crazy.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva

First you say you have photos to back up your bizarre claim, now you say you don't have any suitable photos, what is the purpose of this thread?

The earth axis did not shift. The sun and all other celestial bodies are found exactly where they are supposed to be.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Go to this website,find your city or closes location and find
the times of sunset and sunrise and compare to your observations.

www.gaisma.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

for one

second

magnetic pole shift was the reason for tampas airport (not physical) and so it shouldnt effect the suns position on the horizon

and the 7 degrees from japan earthquake is so miniscule it would not be noticable by the naked eye,

so what the op is describing is way beyond those explanations,

OP if you have photographs then it is extremely unwise not to post them,

all we have is your claim with no evidence, and on this website everyone who makes a claim is attacked viciously, at least if you posted pictures the attacks would be aimed at the photos rather than your own claim.

by that same token, i also have witnessed the sun set different place this year than ever before,

ive been watching the sun set out my bedroom window for 3 years now, and this is the first year i have been seeing it set further northwise, so much so it passes behind a building that it never passed before,

for the last 3 years it always remained between two buildings out my window, i was always able to see it hit the horizon, but not now,

yay now i get attacked too
cause i have no photos
edit on 6/2/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

for one

second

By such a small amount that it would not even be noticeable. If the axis shifted then all the amataur astronomers would know. It would be impossible to use computerised tracking for telescopes if axis had somehow shifted.

I also happen to live right south of arctic circle, so if it shifted it would be very noticeable here.

And btw.. A pole shift has nothing to do with a shift in the axis of earth. It is only the magnetic pole that shifts, which is something it has done since always..
edit on 2-6-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
These are the 2 photographs The panorama was taken last june the other shot through the trees now. If you look at the panorams then turn 90 degrees right, that is the direction of the second shot.

files.abovetopsecret.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

files.abovetopsecret.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Respects

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
mmmmsomeone tell me what I did wrong there please?

Respects

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I have read somewhere that other people have said the same thing, the innuits I think. But i think some ... ahem .. 'experts' somewhere 'explained' that the sun only 'appeared' to be setting in a different place, due to gasses in the atmosphere and refraction of some sort? I can't remember how they explained it.
Experts? ... pah!! They just say whatever it is they are told to say.

I remember thinking the explanation they gave was insulting to the Innuit's intelligence to be honest. If the Innuits are saying something is different with our sun, then I am inclined to believe them. Let's face it, they have nothing else to look at all their lives except snow and sky - it is they who are the experts IMO.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I noticed this a month ago..........posted a thread on it but no one cared. anyway.........there is something off. The places, times are off. just by alittle but it is OFF......I don't know why........but I agree with the OP. off.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Ive tried to embed the pics, but they are viewable. For those who offered explanation, thanks. I did say the pics needed a reference point so I guess they are unhelpfull.

Thanks anyway.

Respects

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join