It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the sun setting at a diffirent point on the horizon than at the exact same date last year?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Forget the scientists and put your trust in those old Pagans that used to live in Scotland the Brave:

The cycles of the sun and moon were much more significant to early farmers than the positions of the stars. Their regular and predictable movements can be used to create a simple calendar, which would enable them to calculate when to plant their crops. The rising and setting of the sun at the solstices was of enormous significance. Midwinter, when the sun had moved to its southernmost position, was a time of stress in prehistoric communities. There must have been a sense that the sun would not return unless the proper rituals were undertaken and many stone circles have a clear alignment to the sunrise (southeast) or sunset (southwest) at that time of year. At some sites, midsummer was the important time of year while at others it was apparently the great Celtic festivals of Imbolc (February 1st); Beltane (May 1st); Lughnasadh (August 1st); and Samhain (November 1st).
www.odysseyadventures.ca...

Make sure, in order to fit in with the crowd, that you wear appropriate Druid clothing, complete with walking sticks and bead necklaces plus bring some white sage for the certain smudging ceremony.

When the sun appears far off its appropriate path according to tradition, then you and all the others will be the first to prove the planet has shifted off its poles.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Because the equator of the earth is not on the ecliptic plain of the solar system, the sun’s declination varies from day to day. Half the year the declination increases until it reaches its maximum on the Solstice, and then it reverses and starts to decrease in declination. The only time its declination is at 0 is on the equinox, and is the only time that it raises due east:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4799f08de75f.png[/atsimg]
As the earth is turning on this inclined tilt to the ecliptic plane, it causes the sun to cross the ground in a pattern similar to a sine wave. This is called a ground track:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d997eef58bb1.png[/atsimg]
When you track that across an entire year your going to end up with a ground track that looks something like this (this is for a spacecraft, but it gives an idea):
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b42c9e459b39.gif[/atsimg]
Which is why it appears to rise/set in different spots.

edit on 6/3/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Thanks for your contribution and explanation. For others, If you look at the OP I havnt claimed that we are all doomed or heading towards some brown giant collision, I posted my opinions and asked for advice on what I witnessed.

Thanks again for the explanation and for not taking a swipe at my credibility.

Respects

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

If you could post the original, full sized (un-cropped, un-manipulated or resized) pictures that would be great thanks. I'd like to have a look at the EXIF data on both to check your statement that these photos were taken on the same day over two years. Of course, if your clock date is wrong on your camera, it could be an issue, but I'd still like to see them if that is ok.

Cheers,
IRM

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Truther9111776

the 7degrees admitted pole shift at the tampa airport

Magnetic pole, meaning magnetic north shifted, not the physical pole, the sunset would not be affected by a magnetic pole shift or full reversal.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

It would be useful if you could give us a grid reference, or at least more precise details, of where the pictures were taken.

At this time of year the sun will be setting roughly to the northwest.

And here in Evesham it's rising and setting exactly the same as it's always done.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The people in Point Barrow had noticed the same thing a few years ago, that the sun was not appearing at the same point on the horizon as in past years when it first appeared in the spring. The Iniuit are keen observers of nature. To me, it can only mean pole shift, and I don't mean magnetic.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

If there was significant shift in the orientation of the earth you would see a shift in all the stars and the moon, not just the sun.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
These are the 2 photographs The panorama was taken last june the other shot through the trees now. If you look at the panorams then turn 90 degrees right, that is the direction of the second shot.

files.abovetopsecret.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

files.abovetopsecret.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Respects

Is that in Troon?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Defcon5 already explained this above.

The fact that people would comment on this assuming it's some axis shift (OP excluded, never made that claim) is alarming, seriously, you don't even have a basic grasp of the orbits of planets, but you feel informed enough to claim it's a planetary shift?

Physical pole shift would tilt the entire sky as it's the earth that would have moved, not the sun or other bodies. This hasn't happened as millions of amateur astronomers are still able to see the things they are tracking, right where they should be.

Beyond that we'd notice environmental effects, shifting pole would mean the moons tug would also be shifted, screwing up the tides, the days / nights would see off depending on where in relation to the equator you are.

All of this could easily be explained by checking a stellar mapping program, much like we always suggest when someone comes saying the "moon is wrong" or some other thing.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Why is this gobbledygook coming up now? Usually you get this around the winter solstice, all the kooks who never really notice where the Sun is suddenly start to notice it seems weird. Imagine in ancient times how they used to freak out? Those pictures look like midwinter anyway....

For once I agree with Phage here. I live on a boat. It has a compass. I have an almanac. I can't see the sunset here on a perfect horizon, but the Sun RISES over the ocean. It's right where it should be.

I'm pretty sure if the Earth shifted on its axis enough to cause a noticeable difference, that ocean would certainly slosh around a bit. As in, giant tsunamis worldwide. Haven't heard of that happening yet.

That doesn't mean it never could happen....or has never happened in the past.....

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
its all about the apparent position...

see, a great delusion is affecting all eyes.... the apparent different position of the setting & rising of the Sun is in accordance with the 21 December 2012 position of the Sun with the Galactic center (life tree/ dark rift)..
the change in setting position is slowly being adjusted over the couse of the year(s) so that the Celestial 'Rising' and 'Crossing' of the Galactic Plane will be witnessed in accordance with theory & Maya prediction...

according to instruments and calibration devices...the Sun position will remain in accord with the Astronomical data,

its the mass acceptance of the delusion that the Sun will be crossing the galactic equator and galactic center combination.... which is 'moving' the preceived position of the natural, real-time, Sun.

one might say its a case of mass hypnosis...
brought about by the global consciousness or the mass mind, even the collective Psyche of all humanity..
It Is overwhelming your individual worldview

so that the apparent Sun position is in conflict with your internal clockwork which says the Sun should be 'here' not 'there'....

the quantum reality (the heightened levels of awareness that accompanies the 2012 date) is continually getting stronger as we approach 2012 and the December Novelty Point...

the only advice i suggest is to walk in both worlds... or you'll go batty trying to resolve the differences in time/Sun position/ reality-[ wakeful reality-&-dream-time reality]
edit on 3-6-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

If there was significant shift in the orientation of the earth you would see a shift in all the stars and the moon, not just the sun.

I'm pretty sure this is the most logical answer, but something is causing a perception to change. Since this reality is a bit of perception to begin with, wondering if there is a different answer to all of this now. Like occasionally private room deal.

After all, we're not really on a globe circling the sun. We are perceiving the idea of movement. As reconfigure with each clip of the metaphorical film of our lives as it moves ahead, ie. moving "forward" in one endless infinite day. Everything here is a bit an illusion to begin with. All of the energy waves vibrating at this lower frequency that "feels" like solidity to the portion of our brain that reads this energy, according the program we are running, in this universe is entangled, in a sense. Its really not what we think, its what the program deciphers.

I wonder if some people are experiencing the illusion differently, if the program is starting to slip. If the energy is changing or the program is changing for some at least, there are going to be some anomalies in the matrix.
edit on 3-6-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It's strange that this would be brought up now, because a few days ago, I had mentioned to my sister that the sun seems to be setting more north than I ever remember. It's off. Not sure how, just is. Anyone can call me nuts or whatever, but I know what I remember and I gaze and the sky A LOT - so these things I notice more than other things.

I mean, I do take into consideration natural movements and stuff, but this was a pretty radical change in place. unfortunately I don't have any pictures.

I also noticed the sky isn't as blue as it used to be. It seems to always have this slight white haze that turns the sky a more paler color. It could be my location, so I haven't REALLY considered it an issue. Yet.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'll chime in here with an agreement with the OP and many here who have noticed the sun's location difference. I estimate the sun's setting location is about a 1 1/2 to 2 weeks off where it normally sets. Right now in NH I'm noticing the sun is almost at it's June 21 solstice spot.

Not sure if this has been posted here yet but this is wiki's chart tracking the sun's solstice/equinox dates and times that do seem to change from year to year, but not as much as it seems to have this year vs last year.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Your words basically verified my statement as to the alignment of the sun being off, as I am in NH as well. Thank you ^^.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

One would think a pro photographer would have before and after shots..
juss sayin...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This should clear up some confusion.

A calender year isn't exactly an Earth year. Hope this clears things up for you OP.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Great post, sir. I too have noticed the sun setting much farther north where I live, northwest Indiana. I can say this because I work at a restaurant that sits beside a lake, you can look out the panoramic windows of this restaurant and watch the sun set over the lake. Well, last year the sun was setting much farther south than it is this year. Last year the sun set over some trees on the southwest side of the lake. This year, at the same time as last year, it is setting over the northwest side of the lake which is not blocked by trees, so the view is very breathtaking. Very weird though indeed, also, it is staying lighter around here than usual. We have ambient light til about 9:00, which isn't normal I don't think.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaqueFresco
reply to post by captiva

Great post, sir. I too have noticed the sun setting much farther north where I live, northwest Indiana. I can say this because I work at a restaurant that sits beside a lake, you can look out the panoramic windows of this restaurant and watch the sun set over the lake. Well, last year the sun was setting much farther south than it is this year. Last year the sun set over some trees on the southwest side of the lake. This year, at the same time as last year, it is setting over the northwest side of the lake which is not blocked by trees, so the view is very breathtaking. Very weird though indeed, also, it is staying lighter around here than usual. We have ambient light til about 9:00, which isn't normal I don't think.

This is what should be expected when living on a wobbling ball that is tilted at 23.5 degrees whilst orbiting a star in an elliptical orbit that is also spinning and orbiting around the central mass of our galaxy. See the video I posted above. Nothing out of the ordinary, just nature at work.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join