It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Own Personal American Revolution: 10 Things YOU Can Do Now, Really, To Start Change

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I am in agreeance about the issue of church and state. I personally have not been to church in three years and that was because a family member wrangled me into it.
When I was younger, it seemed to be that I was the one who was required to attend church while the adults in the house got to sit at home. By the time I was eleven I made it known that I was not interested in church at all and the decline of attendance began there. I actually went to a private school in ninth grade where they tried to tell my grandmother that it was indeed a requirement that I attend church every sunday in order to attend their institution( they hit her up with this with two months left in the school year.).

Churches probably account for an enormous portion of the lobbying done in Washington, probably more than we really know about.

Also, If I could add to the "list".

If you find buying clothes at the store to be too expensive, make your own!
If there is one thing I have observed about people, its that they have been sucked into the deceptive comforts of convenience and no longer know how to do for themselves.
You can make your own clothes, you can make blankets to keep you warm in winter, you can make your own window treatments!
But the convenience is comfort and comfort has made people lazy, because they just have to hop in their car and just go buy ready made clothes and home furnishings.

I took up knitting and crochet two and a half years ago. At first it was just to learn and for some therapy. Now its become less of a hobby and more of a do for myself and mine kind of thing. I have sewing machine available to me for the time being and quilting is next on my list along with learning clothing patterns.

I did enjoy the original post immensely, it gives me hope that there are more sensible peole out there who are not afraid to go against the grain.
edit on 7-6-2011 by RedOphelia because: Spelling and grammar

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by notmirelnam

What's wrong with the current law?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chinesis
reply to post by pajoly

I'd give you a million flags and stars if I could !!!!!

BRAVO!!!!!!

The possibly FIRST ever thread that actually provides?

SOLUTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A big thank you to you!

Thanks. I appreciate the kind word. I am currently expanding on the topic for later presentation.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by notmirelnam
1) I ask that you print off 2 copies of the 2011 form W4 www.irs.gov...
2) Fill out 1 copy and claim 12 dependents on line D. This will not be a lie we taxpayers each support many more than that number in reality.
3) On July 5th when you return to work give this new W4 to your HR personnel or payroll department.

I assume that you don't actually plan to file 1040 at all, right?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by staranais

As a farmer's market vendor myself I know that most markets (even in Utah!) have a "token system" where food stamp cards can be swiped at the market management booth and tokens issued to pay for items from growers/artisan food producers, but not crafters.
Just fyi. The low-income are not required to shop at big box stores, they just have to realize it.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
You forgot the most important thing,Impeach nitwit obama.

If you impeach Obama you get biden, if you elect a establishment
republicant then you still got a NWO shill puppet.

Two sides of the same coin.

Forget obama, tear there system down from the bottom up.

They have billions invested in controlling the political game,
they use propaganda to brainwash the masses.

Expose their lies, and wake up the sheeple to what is in the food and water.

Once it hits critical mass no one will want to eat viruses spliced into their food
that is lab proven to cause organ failure.

No one will want to drink milk with a known cancer causing/boosting agent in it.

No one will want to drink corn syrup with mercury in it.

Let the ppl know they are being poisoned and use mainstream links to
things like BPA in most plastics being endocrine disruptors.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

No my father learned that from an accredited college and as most business majors will tell nay all business owner distributors, ceo's...etc. Will tell you this is how the modern retail business system works, I would prefer you do not insult my father who knows more than you in business and I guarantee that. My dad also worked for Walmart so I think he would know exactly how they work too. So again the modern business system works manufacturer, to wholesaler to retailer. So all in all you are not paying a Chinese company to make the plastic cup, you are paying Walmart who marked up the price who bought it from the wholesaler who bought it from the Chinese company. So no until the stock of that certain Chinese item runs, which before even happens will probably be bought back up to stock electronically. So I ask you let me see your Business degree, or your Marketing degree before you ever ever ever think to insult my Father's intelligence again.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

4. Try to cancel some of your mobile phone service or even all. The big telecom companies are among the most aggregious violators of your privacy, though you may not know it. Not so many years ago we did not have these gadgets and lived quite well without them. If you need one for work, so be it. But does your 12 year old son or daughter really need it or are you just caving to peer pressure. If you are caving, then you are part of the consumerist problem, teaching your kids subliminally that their self-worth is tied up in their ability to match their peers' material things.

So are you getting your internet from a local farm friendly butchers shop? Or one of those pesky privacy invading Big Telecom companies? I bet on the latter.

3. Stop buying ANYTHING that is discretionary. EVERYTHING, unless you absolutely NEED it. Do you really need another pair of shoes? Probably not. If you do, check out the local thrift store. If you MUST really need a new pair, ONLY...EVER...buy a pair made in the USA, even if it cost 30% more. If you must buy anything, make sure you are penalizing offshore work and putting money into a USA person's wages. This is hard for some, we've grown so accustomed to impulse buying that $19 dollar shirt or $12 pair of shorts at Target or Wal-Mart. But those are made in China or Indonesia or etc.. Reject those goods. Be clear, this is NOT about nationalism -- it is about saving the American job. I'm a veteran, when the bullets fly, squads are not fighting for their country, they are fighting for their buddy next to them. Fight for your neighbor's job. If you think this is hard, then try this, pick one day of the week, every week, where you buy NOTHING. Just make it a game. You WILL save money and you'll stop feeding the beast.

Your post and thread with all its flags is on the right path but one that is short-sighted. If you will only buy American - for American Jobs, then most if not all of these companies will fail and most if not all still employ Americans in America to sell the crap they make in china!! Your store clerks, your sales assistants, your general workers etc. Not so American then huh?

You are stuck in a perpetual mess and its now all built like a straw house. any tampering to the foundations will bring everything down, and all those lovely American jobs will be NO more.

edit on 28-6-2011 by TheButcher23 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2011 by TheButcher23 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join