It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Own Personal American Revolution: 10 Things YOU Can Do Now, Really, To Start Change

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+141 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
We all struggle with this topic. We are all disgusted with the status quo. Almost all will agree, no matter your political stripe, that our federal government has over stepped too many of it Constitutional boundaries. We ALL know that the big banks have fleeced us with the full complicity of the government. We ALL know corporations run the show.

Now ranting and wishing aside, let's also acknowledge that almost none of us are going to take up arms, at least not any time soon. The vast majority (over 99.9%) will not choose violence, unless you or your family is in imminent anger. Some of you might be inclined and even take part in the political process (personally, I think the process is useless as it stands to foster any real positive result). So what can anyone really do? Here are few tangible things you can do STARTING TODAY that, if done with even a small percent of the population, can have significant results.

How does it work? Because it applies pressure, monetary pressure. This is the U.S., like it or not only money talks and only money rules, so you must make the big banks and corporations feel extreme monetary pain. So here is my top ten things you can do starting today to begin your own personal American Revolution.

1. Remove ALL your money from the big banks like Chase, Bank of America, etc. Put all your money into your local credit union as the first choice, a small local bank as a second choice. The big banks make mega billions by collecting fees from all us dolts. Credit unions are member-owned coops who must put all profits back into the service. Take the fees and interest away from the faceless mega banks. It is not hard. I did it in a few days back in 2009.

2. Stop using ATMs, stop using creidt cards. Again, it is all about taking away the interest and fees from the banks. Money is power; remove the money, you remove the power. If you say you need your credit cards to get by, that's the surest proof you should do all you can to get rid of them because it means you are spending more than you make, making you an economic slave (even more than we are). The Fed gives our money to the banks at near no interest; those same banks essentially loan OUR money back to us at even 25% interest (credit cards). It is a sick scam.

3. Stop buying ANYTHING that is discretionary. EVERYTHING, unless you absolutely NEED it. Do you really need another pair of shoes? Probably not. If you do, check out the local thrift store. If you MUST really need a new pair, ONLY...EVER...buy a pair made in the USA, even if it cost 30% more. If you must buy anything, make sure you are penalizing offshore work and putting money into a USA person's wages. This is hard for some, we've grown so accustomed to impulse buying that $19 dollar shirt or $12 pair of shorts at Target or Wal-Mart. But those are made in China or Indonesia or etc.. Reject those goods. Be clear, this is NOT about nationalism -- it is about saving the American job. I'm a veteran, when the bullets fly, squads are not fighting for their country, they are fighting for their buddy next to them. Fight for your neighbor's job. If you think this is hard, then try this, pick one day of the week, every week, where you buy NOTHING. Just make it a game. You WILL save money and you'll stop feeding the beast.

4. Try to cancel some of your mobile phone service or even all. The big telecom companies are among the most aggregious violators of your privacy, though you may not know it. Not so many years ago we did not have these gadgets and lived quite well without them. If you need one for work, so be it. But does your 12 year old son or daughter really need it or are you just caving to peer pressure. If you are caving, then you are part of the consumerist problem, teaching your kids subliminally that their self-worth is tied up in their ability to match their peers' material things.

5. Stop flying the not so friendly skies unless you must for work or some emergency. Aside from not feeding the Machine of Corporatism, the nice side benefit is you don't have to interact so much with the TSA. You are cattle to an airline. You are a potential terrorist to the TSA (your government). Airlines will think nothing of holding you, without food or even water, for hours on the tarmac. Demand your dignity and demand service; don't reward them with your money.

6. Stop tithing or donating to your church if it is engaged in ANY political activism. I know many won't agree, but I believe a key problem in the U.S. is the politization of our worship. When politics combine with religion, all reason and rationality go out the door because the two are mutually exclusive. Religion is personal and spiritual. It is BY DEFINITION based on FAITH, whereas politics, the Constitution and civic issues belong in the realm of facts.

7. The next time you see someone on the side of the road with a flat, or a woman struggling to open a door, etc. then stop to HELP. Helping others, even in small ways is good for you, more for you than them. It also allows us to connect with each other just a little. This can help slowly to stop seeing enemies all around us, so we can focus on the real enemy -- the giant companies.

8. If you can, buy your produce from the local farmer's market. You will get healthier food and it puts money back in your local economy. Chances those grapes you just bought came from Chile. I happen to like Chile, but I'd rather buy things locally. That means we will go without things that are not in season, but so what, so did our parents or grandparents. For you greenies, it also is a big way to reduce your carbon footprint since it takes a lot of power to bring that Chilean grape from the slopes of the southern Andes to your mouth.

9. Pay attention to the political donations of the major companies from whom you buy from or whose products you use. If you find they are too deep in to politics (you be the judge), tell the local manager you are going to slow down or discontinue your patronage. I don't care what party they support; donations from big business are a pox on our nation and the root of nearly all graft and favor granting.

10. Share these simple, doable, American-friendly steps with your family, friends and neighbors. Teach others that in America, real activism begins with the wallet and once the pain is felt, then you make clear your demands to those who seek or hold office.

If just 10% of America did these simple steps, we'd have a much different country in just a few short years, maybe even months as corporate titans are knocked, or at least wobbled, to their knees.

I'd love to see others add to the list. Just make it sensible and real please.

edit on 2-6-2011 by pajoly because: spelling

edit on 2-6-2011 by pajoly because: spelling

edit on 2-6-2011 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Sir, I am going to email and Facebook this to everyone I know...

A wonderful thread with some great points! We are creating our own economic hell and we must take our resources along with our country, back- For the People!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by prepared4truth

Good idea. I'll put it on my own FB page. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Great post... I've already covered all these bases, but there is one I'd like to talk about a little. It involves churches and politics. Everyone else's opinion will probably differ on this; this is mine. My wife and I were members at a local church until I applied for a job as youth pastor at another church in the same association. Part of my job would be to report private things the children said about their families in confidence to a local coalition who removes children from families who have drug problems. Jesus didn't go around doing this, so why is the church? In my opinion, if the family is having a problem, any problem, there seems to be a better solution than destroying them. I quickly told the pastor that I wanted no part in this, and we quickly removed our membership at our own church, which also collects money to support this coalition in their tithes. Since then my wife has found a new church, but I have yet to return to that practice. Who can you trust if not your pastor (youth pastor)?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

great post. I am going to put this in a few other places, too.

what you have suggested here is, in essence, Americans getting back to our roots. Getting back to the more sustainable lifestyle of our grandparents and parents. The 60's weren't so bad, right?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

Wow. That's amazing and terrible. Nice job standing for principle. I hope you outted them in an editorial to you local paper.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
did you get that from grace powers
at amenstop?

if not check that stuff out!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks BFT. It is great to see others wanting to share this. I have done these things more or less starting by accident really, but I tired of the rants -- my own included -- that highlights abuses without presenting any real solutions. I still struggle with the impulse thing (we love our movies) and I like nice things, but necessity bred change in our household.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by violence=answer
did you get that from grace powers
at amenstop?

if not check that stuff out!

No, I got from inside my head. But, these are fairly common sense things. The "Move your Money" thing was a small social movement last year, but I had already done it. Thanks for the recommendation; I'll check it out.
edit on 2-6-2011 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
You forgot the most important thing,Impeach nitwit obama.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

yeah its a great list...

redpill.tv...

there are 3 of her docs here
the one in 4 parts is like 5 hours long..

but they offer solutions almost identical to yours...
CHECK IT OUT BRETHREN!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

No, but I told all the members of my church that this was the reason for us leaving. I continue to voice my opinion on this locally, but most people in my area support it. Truly, I understand that we have serious drug problems in this country, but we also have problems keeping families together. The devastation it causes in a child's life is immense, when they are stripped away from the only people they trust. Many of these children (I know for a fact) get abused in these foster homes in one way or another. I know of a 16 year old female who was put in a home with a single man as guardian. She was subsequently abused and ran away. This only added to her problems. Families with drug problems need to face them as family problems, and the state (in my opinion) should try to involve them in some kind of counseling, before destroying them. Texas, I'm told has been successful at this, but I live in Florida. Family is just like country... divided they fall.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Good post op. Thank you for sharing. I am not a great researcher, but would love to comply with all of that. I have already boycotted airlines, If I go some where I drive. When shopping at walmart or other grocery stores (I like to spread my food bill around a little), I know the generic brands are usually boxed in Mexic. At least where I am from, however the main brands are labeled dist by Ohio or something like that. What does that say about where it is manufactured? also another question is I have been trying to do a lot of these things for a while now, but I bank with Compass, who was bought by BBVA. I believe Compass was American, BBVA is German, not sure if I should bank there or not. No credit Unions that I have access to that I know of. It would be nice to give people ideas of which brands or links to websites that will tell which things are more American and which are owned by Corporations out to hurt the avg Joe. By the way this is my 1st post ever. Been reading a lot of this site over the last few months, joined yesterday. I still have a lot to learn.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I would like to add to not buy any genetically modified foods, or anything made by Monsanto, like RoundUp, etc.
Go organic as much as possible.
edit on 2-6-2011 by kohaku because: fixed spelling error

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kohaku

It will really be something if the German/EU e-coli outbreak gets tied to GMO veggies. I just read an article where they think now they have isolated it, but they don't (won't) say what. BigAg will try to stuff the story if true.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant
Part of my job would be to report private things the children said about their families in confidence to a local coalition who removes children from families who have drug problems. Jesus didn't go around doing this, so why is the church? In my opinion, if the family is having a problem, any problem, there seems to be a better solution than destroying them. I quickly told the pastor that I wanted no part in this, and we quickly removed our membership at our own church, which also collects money to support this coalition in their tithes.

Too bad you feel that way. You could have been doing those kids a real favor. Some parents don't deserve to have children. I know a parent who feeds her kid raw potatoes because she is too drunk to cook for her family. Some kids might actually have a better chance in life and more opportunities in a communal setting. Otherwise, they grow up thinking their dysfunctional family is "normal" and this becomes a disease which gets passed down with each succeeding generation.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kohaku
I would like to add to not buy any genetically modified foods, or anything made by Monsanto, like RoundUp, etc.
Go organic as much as possible.
edit on 2-6-2011 by kohaku because: fixed spelling error

Indeed! And grow your own whenever possible.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Great thread! Some good common-sense things we all need to work towards. I passed this list on to my FB friends too.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Originally posted by visualmiscreant
Part of my job would be to report private things the children said about their families in confidence to a local coalition who removes children from families who have drug problems. Jesus didn't go around doing this, so why is the church? In my opinion, if the family is having a problem, any problem, there seems to be a better solution than destroying them. I quickly told the pastor that I wanted no part in this, and we quickly removed our membership at our own church, which also collects money to support this coalition in their tithes.

Too bad you feel that way. You could have been doing those kids a real favor. Some parents don't deserve to have children. I know a parent who feeds her kid raw potatoes because she is too drunk to cook for her family. Some kids might actually have a better chance in life and more opportunities in a communal setting. Otherwise, they grow up thinking their dysfunctional family is "normal" and this becomes a disease which gets passed down with each succeeding generation.

Please don't derail my thread with an argument about child welfare the churches role in spying.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well done! These are easy steps and will definitely help our countries situation. Banked money and Wal-Mart (and alike) revenues are IMO the biggest threats and the easiest to accomplish!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join