It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News: Tornadoes Caused by Military? Recent Events Fuel Conspiracy Theories

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
After watching the video, all I can say is, ad hominem. They are lumping everyone up into one big consortium of "nut jobs", segregating the black sheep from the "good ones".

I say be proud. It means that you are a threat, simply because you still have brains that work.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by testtubebaby
I am of the opinion that to many "conspiracy theories" are lacking in vital real life proof.

I am not saying the theories are wrong but the overwhelming need for proof is a definite need.

Far too many people with flimsy Jibber Jabber and poor, ever so poor research.

And yet when we ASK for "real life proof" as in the case of the alleged killing of Osama bin Drama, we are called nuts for asking for it.

---------------
I'm just shaking my head here in disbelief. According to this guy, "we" should only trust what MSM defines as truth, correct?

Yet, Fox reported Osama dead December 26, 2001, CNN reported him dead January 18, 2002, and the NY Times reported him dead July 11, 2002. Bhutto said Osama was dead right before she was killed. Now they're all saying he just died a month ago! Which story should be defined as truth, if any?
edition.cnn.com...
www.nytimes.com...
www.foxnews.com...
-----------------------
As far as weather manipulation is concerned:

"...The United States is party to an arms control treaty known as the Convention on the Prohibition of Military or Other Hostile Use of Environmental Modification Techniques (ENMOD Treaty), ratified in 1978..."
[SNIP]
"...Using weather as a weapon is a clear violation of international agreements. In 1977, the United Nations passed, and the U.S. signed, a resolution that prohibits changing the weather for hostile purposes on the grounds that too many civilians could be harmed. So the U.S. military, which once seeded clouds in Vietnam to produce heavy rains along the Ho Chi Minh trail, can now only concentrate on better weather forecasting. “We want to anticipate and exploit the weather, not modify it,” says U.S. Air Force Director of Weather Brig. Gen. Fred Lewis..."

This is documented. Is it such a stretch to believe they didn't stop at "seeding clouds in Vietnam"???

Oh well, let them say what they will. I have my own mind; I draw my own conclusions, and I like to research all sides of an argument/theory, both positive and negative...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Oops! Forgot the link to the "weather as a weapon" article:
allthingspass.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
There seems to be some correllation between intelligence, and believing in 'conspiracy theories'... hmm...

I noticed this too. Most of the very intelligent people I know have been able to piece together the conspiracy puzzle. Some go as far as to blame the government structure for things, some even take it up another step of the pyramid... but hey,

according to mainstream TV:

If we don't say its true, its not true. We know so because we say so. The internet is lies!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Sorry but the reporter is PARTLY right there are some crazy people on the net and definitley ON HERE, give you an example look at this thread 111 giga pixel picture

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now in the OP a link is given to how it is done using a special tripod attachment the pictures are taken with a Canon DSLR camera with a 400mm telephoto lens, 1665 pictures are taken in 3 hours and stitched together with a hi spec computer that takes a further 94 hours.

Now all this information is available IF you bother to look at the links.

The strange thing is THAT'S not how it is done to some members on here, no its a secret hitech spy camera and NASA should have one of these THAT'S actual comments from posters many pages into the thread.

They look at an OP if its what they believe in its given an s&f even if its DEBUNKED by the 3rd or 4th post.

I know this is a conspiracy site BUT when the information is there and they DONT even bother to look that says a lot. Just because its a conspiracy site DOESN'T mean everything OR even ANYTHING IS!!!.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Typical MSM Rubbish! He's promoting a book. I guess, everyone's
crazy. Well, in my case crazier.
I bet a lot of um, Golden Oldies
believe wholeheartedly.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Garbage, this stuff is getting rediculous not one natural disaster can happen without it being NATURAL anymore apparently this has to stop stop flooding the internet with useless noise. I saw the tornadoes one formed right above my house I can't emphasize enough how rediculous this is getting

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
it wouldnt surprise me .. all recent tornadoes have hit in the same way .. in the middle of a city
destroying obviouly everything in his path

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

This reporter is right about a lot of people.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
They blow the head of JFK in bright light day and you call us radical ?
C'mooon...
edit on 3-6-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
The passive-aggressive Jonathan Kay and his pretty little colouring book to make it more attractive on the bookshelves to the average uneducated layman browsing through the Walmart bargain bin...

"highly educated... idiot savants"
"thoroughly researched... radical theories"
"go into great detail with plenty of data... of these fanatical theories"
"...feel like they're being ignored"
"... just happy to have someone listen"
"paranoid of anyone saying they're from the MSM"
"never read MSM or other common news media"
"get all of their info from fringe websites"

Uh huh.

Apparently with all of Mr. Kay's hard research he was unable to decipher the variations of individuals on these sites, their vast multitudes of various beliefs and disbeliefs, the million and one grey areas of each and every theory proposed... and thus the ever-so-favourite standard thoroughfare of "debunkers" who gather all participants into the same lump and paint them with the same wide brush.

*yawn*

Nothing new to see here folks, move along.

Anyone remember the good ol' days when the young Dan Rathers of the world were running around reporting the news as it happened as bullets were flying over their heads and they didn't have to worry about "ratings" or "selling books" or the "corporate hammer" hanging over their heads on what they could and couldn't say ?

Ah yes, the good ol' days... when reporters were reporters and the news was raw.

... and now back to our breaking newstory: Arnold Schwarznegger is getting a divorce !

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by RUSSO

You should. Its a good topic. Although that kind of "spiral of silence" happens in a lot of places. Including on ATS in some threads. I have seen outright bullying and abuse to shut down opinions outside of the "ATS Mainstream."

So, it seems to be a human thing, not just a PTB thing.

I will work on this. I just have to organize my time first .

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
reply to post by RUSSO

These conspiracy theorists use too believe the earth was round, crazy, crazy people and HAARP does not exist at all

A big star and a big flag for this news and for your irony, friend!

Thanks Friend.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
I love it, it starts out with Bin Laden conspiracy, they bring up HAARP, and to prove that these theorist are all crazy they bring up an expert who can only comment on 9/11, but he never says we are actually nuts and does not debunk any information

MSM at the finest.

Should we send letters to his house and explain to him how debunk things?

"Fast and furious"
They never lose the opportunity to make an advertisement.

edit on 3-6-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

edit on 3-6-2011 by NightGypsy because: accidental double post

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Just the media doing the usual, taking the most outlandish of conspiracy theories and then tarring every CTer with the same brush, hoping that by doing so the mere mention of conspiracy in a social setting will bring embarrassment and instantly nullify any intelligent debate on the subject...making the public think that the galactic federation of light believers and all the crap that goes with it are in the same basket as those who delve into the conspiracies and links regarding the central banks, International monetary fund, bank for international settlements etc etc

Yes, indeed, and their tactics are easily recognizable as propaganda to manipulate popular belief about conspiracies. Their usual M.O. is to take the most outlandish of the conspiracy theories and present them as the belief most supported by so-called conspiracy theorists in an effort to distract away from the more damning evidence that is hard to refute. You are right, they attempt to lump us all into one category using propaganda to create an overall opinion that we all subscribe to the most outlandish of theories.

I encountered this tactic at the "alleged" "factchecking" website, Factcheck.org., at the height of the swine flu hoax when TPTB began pushing propaganda to thwart the negative impact the Anti-Vaccine campaign was having on their attempted scam.

Factcheck.org's conclusion was that the allegations that vaccines were untested and potentially dangerous to the public's health were completely unfounded. They proceeded to back up their findings with information acquired strictly from very government sources who were part of the hoax to begin with. But more disturbingly, they were trying to portray the anti-vaccine crowd as lunatics by claiming these groups were making outrageous claims that were clearly laughable. Obviously this was done to distract from the fact that all their sources were from the government. One of the claims in particular that I remember alleged that the anti-vaccine activists were sending viral emails stating that if the vaccines didn't bring the desired level of "genocide," there was a second threat for exposure involving the contents of Lysol spray cans that had intentionally been contaminated with agent orange bacteria that unsuspecting consumers would be exposed to upon spraying the contents of the Lysol can. This was only one of several outrageous claims they reported.

It really ticked me off and I decided to call them on this, as the swine flu hoax is something I followed daily and acquired quite a bit of knowledge about through a number of Internet sources. The majority of the theories and allegations they claimed were prevalent among anti-vaccine activists were laughable, and I hadn't personally encountered any such claims being made by these activists in my extensive following of the event. I wrote them a scathing email and reamed them on their exclusive use of government sources to support their conclusions and told them they were making false allegations about the information being spread by the anti-vaccine activists. I informed them that I would be sure to spread the news that Factcheck.org is nothing but a scam, likely owned and operated by the very people who were involved in the crimes being perpetrated on the population. They responded to me by failing to address my allegations of fraud on their part and, instead inquired as to my true identity, including my full name and personal contact information aside from the Internet.

I responded with a resounding middle finger.

It has become painfully clear, that for every factual piece of information you find on the Internet, there is a disinformation just around the corner who will be quick to plant the seeds of doubt in your mind. The Internet is crawling with disinfo agents and they have been very successful at clouding facts, casting doubt, and making it so difficult to discern fact from fiction, that one eventually becomes frustrated to the point of giving up.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

"highly educated... idiot savants"
"thoroughly researched... radical theories"
"go into great detail with plenty of data... of these fanatical theories"
"...feel like they're being ignored"
"... just happy to have someone listen"
"paranoid of anyone saying they're from the MSM"
"never read MSM or other common news media"
"get all of their info from fringe websites"

And we are the confused ones

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Well well....
Hey mr reporter asshat. How bout you come and call me a well educated idiot savante to me face and see how that goes.

It is also obvious why he isn't a talking head on TV, that is a face made for radio there

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
When those who seek the truth get close to it or hit the spot NWO "agents" pass similar stories in a "theorists" manner to confuse the listeners and get them off the track.

Also they are tactically using the story of a boy who cried wolf too many times. They want people to get used to things they plan on doing themselves in a much greater scale so when the real thing comes no one will react because of the syndrome "it has already happened million times in the past". So at the moment they are right in the middle of that action making us get used to earthquakes, floods, theories, asteroids.... some being natural happenings and some being made by them with technology we are aware and unaware.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
You know...I don't know what to rage more about. The fact that that puppet, twinkle toe prick exagerates the claim of WILD CONSPIRACIES SPREADING FAST AND FURIOUS (yeah what are you going to do about it? Shut the internet off- oh wait) or the guy who wrote that book who claims he doesnt believe any of the theries or thoughts he supposedly listened too from people who were extremely well "educated".

I mean...what hes saying is he sat down, wrote an entire book and spoke with aalll us "well educated kooks" and waled away with what? More fuel for the anti-conspiracy theory fire? Money?

You know how when 2 people or groups are argueing and the side losing or is wrong then resorts to name calling (of sorts)? Well this is what this book seems like to me...while its not actually making fun of the so called conspiracy movement, its ONLY making a critique on the people who involve themselves with it. (As if the same people couldnt go and work for some mainstream garbage or buy into any of that crap)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join