It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Banned ... Again?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I am putting this in this forum as he is an official Presidential candidate. However, move it if it is in the wrong forum.

So, after reading and article on Zero Hedge yesterday, where you can submit questions to the Financial Services Committee website to be asked to the Federal Reserve (which is neat-o), they also mentioned that the hearing would be televised on C-Span:

Tomorrow, at 2PM, Ron Paul will lead a hearing by the Financial Services Committee, which will luckily be carried by C-SPAN meaning one will be actually able to hear the dialog (alas, the House continues to believe that investing in microphones for their internal webcasts is a bad idea), titled: "Federal Reserve Lending Disclosure: FOIA, Dodd-Frank, and the Data Dump."

Unfortunately, ZH was mistaken, as all that is on C-Span is your typical blabber on DHS spending (how corporations can get DHS grants for Fascist control devices and strategies), NASA interview on the Space Shuttle Endeavour (spelled with a "U" because it is "American" - not harping on the British) & another discussion on Homeland Security. Come on. Don't you think a hearing on the Federal Reserve as the US heads towards a Dollar crisis is way more important than that dribble?

So, it is my conclusion - which isn't that far fetched - that they - (the Banker Industrial Complex) - (1) Want to keep Ron Paul off the air-waves in an attempt to keep him out of site, out of mind (the hearing not even being mentioned on MSM news stations) & (2) they don't want you to hear the questions that are going to be asked.

You would think that there would be a link even on the Financial Services Committee website - but, there isn't.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
So is the hearing taking place just not being televised by C-Spam? It would be a shame to miss those feds squirming in their seats. Hopefully someone filmed it from the inside.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Paul has never been given the attention he deserves to get as a presidential candidate.

Foxnews and the other media outlets have thrown him under the bus since the beggining because he is not the typical mainstream Republican.

He has been sold out!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Yep. If were a hearing on National Institute of Science on their ridiculous, "Shrimp on a Tread Mill Test," I am sure it would be on C-Span or C-Spam, as it is better put.

Just in case one is wondering, the US Government spent something like 2+ Billion in grants to study "interesting" and most obviously, useful stuff like this.

reply to post by sheepslayer247

I agree. While I don't agree with his ideas 100%, I agree with him overall and if anything, I might end up being the voice for Change in the RP drive.

edit on 1-6-2011 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Okay ... I admit it, I have ants in my pants. Apparently, the hearing has been postponed for 1 hour, until 3PM. Unfortunately, it is still not being televised. However, the NY Federal Reserve has released a prepared statement, which can be read here.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Im Australian and I find American politics fascinating!!!

Its almost like a soap Opera, It would seriously be fricken hilarious if the outcome didntaffect virtually every person on the planet

I can tell you now if not for this website I would never have heard of this guy, I have never heard him even refferenced on any MSM media outside US stuff on youtube.

From what it seems like he could be the guy for the job but I just have a feeling its all gonna go bad. If he gets in then TPTB want him there (I know the American vote has to be rigged, or at least I need to believe you guys didnt really vote Bush Jr in a 1st time let alone a 2nd)

Maybe Im just being Pessimistic but as a citizen of the world I can tell you Ive honestly lost all faith in America and fear its not gonna be able to fix the mistakes its made

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Interesting points, there, IkNOwSTuff. I have to say the same for several other politicians around the world (i.e. if it weren't for ATS and YT, I probably would have never heard of several politicians).

Unfortunately, Australia, Canada, GB and the U.S., believe it or not, share much in common in politics and as with their future than one would imagine - it's almost as one does, all will do. However, I think the U.S. is being targeted for takedown and once that occurs - if it does - than watch out.

Check out this interesting video between Australia and Canada.:

edit on 1-6-2011 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Ron Paul will have a strong message, so if the media looked bad in 2008 by ignoring him, they will get crushed if they do it again. I think the support for Ron Paul is bigger than it was in 2008, and it was huge then, so it should be interesting.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
To close out this thread, here is a link to the video of this hearing.

c-span.org...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Im Australian and I find American politics fascinating!!!

Its almost like a soap Opera, It would seriously be fricken hilarious if the outcome didntaffect virtually every person on the planet

I can tell you now if not for this website I would never have heard of this guy, I have never heard him even refferenced on any MSM media outside US stuff on youtube.

From what it seems like he could be the guy for the job but I just have a feeling its all gonna go bad. If he gets in then TPTB want him there (I know the American vote has to be rigged, or at least I need to believe you guys didnt really vote Bush Jr in a 1st time let alone a 2nd)

Maybe Im just being Pessimistic but as a citizen of the world I can tell you Ive honestly lost all faith in America and fear its not gonna be able to fix the mistakes its made

No offense but America isn't responsible for the post ww2 world. Blame your Euro buddies for messing the world up(murdering hundreds of millions+ raping and pillaging your way across the world will do that you know).

The worst things America has done was Iran and abandoning FDR's Good Neighbor policy towards Latin America.

Infact the number one mistake the USA made was developing alliances and close relations with the Euro trash. If we would of just stayed out of WW1 the world would probably of been a better place(hopefully). The USA should have alliances or deep economic compacts with other nations. America needs to look after America and say to heck with the EU, Mexico or Australia.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Paul has never been given the attention he deserves to get as a presidential candidate.

Foxnews and the other media outlets have thrown him under the bus since the beggining because he is not the typical mainstream Republican.

He has been sold out!

Its not him being sold out its all the stupid American sheeple still drinking the Official kool aid....

keeping him off the news keeps them on the juice XD

edit on 12-6-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

While it makes for a good talking point for the uninformed, the 'shrimp on a treadmill' study was to look at small marine animals, such as a shrimp, react to infections in their native environment. Now, because traipsing about on the ocean floor for months on end with multi-million dollar submarines isn't the most cost effective way to study this, the researchers devised a way to simulate physical activity in said native environment, and this included building a small treadmill inside of a small tank in a laboratory that would then replicate the amount of movement a shrimp may see in a typical day. While there is much known on marine life, there's a lot that isn't known, including how internal stresses (disease, infections) limit movement. If movement and activity levels are limited, it follows that food procurement and avoidance of predatory organisms are likewise inhibited. While this may seem like a 'common sense' thing, precisely how and how much this movement and activity is limited isn't really known, which was the purpose of this study. This is important because, as we all know, ocean water contains an increasing number of toxins that affect marine life. If marine life is affected not only is the ecosystem potentially disrupted in various ways, people's livelihoods can also be affected (shrimp fishermen and associated industries).

Very few people outside of academia have ever went through the NSF grant process, so your ignorance on this is somewhat excusable. It should be said, however, that there is very, very, very little given money that isn't seen as important. I've never personally witnessed a 'useless' project get approved. There are a multitude of steps required to get NSF money, including very rigorous peer review processes. The projects that get targeted as 'useless' are because people can't be arsed to find out what's really going on and, in typical American anti-intellectual style, start hammering on scientific research. The lightbulb wasn't invented in one try, and very little else in the way of scientific advancement will be invented or discovered, either. These 'useless' studies are the building blocks upon which the 'big' discoveries get made.

This is a big pet issue of Dr. Coburn. I know Tom personally and have for sometime from my years living and working in eastern OK. I like Tom on a personal level, but he is often a disgrace to the 'science' part of his profession. He's a good example of a politician that needs to run his mouth less and his brain more.
edit on 13-6-2011 by samcrow because: (no reason given)

top topics

join