It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The quiet before the storm. Just so you can't say that you werent warned.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by Brianegan

It really is no loss whatsoever to an atheist to not listen to another rant by a believer....

People will more often blame humans for problems, and not the clouds.

Just because an athiest faces the fear of a possible nothingness after death doesnt make them courageous....It makes them suicidal.

It's like saying "you know what this is just too much so i dont give to shi** anymore, I give up"......(and then they are athiest.) or something near that or similar.

When one stops trying place blame on one source or no source at all and places it on everything at once they realize what they missed.......

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Fairly interesting read. Most of it is common sense, in that intellectually it is the only reasonable conclusion to make, so your conclusion is what anyone else would more than likely come to if anyone else took the time to think about it. I do think that you are very arrogant if you actually think that you have figured it all out. No man can know the intent or will of God. I didn't see the word faith mentioned one time in the OP... and faith is the most important aspect of a relationship or belief in God. Because you failed to mention or discuss faith, or at least the role faith plays in free will and God's plan for each individual person, I consider your thread null and void.

*this response assumes someone reading the OP believes in God... if you don't then clearly I'm not talking about you.
edit on 1-6-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Not sure if this was directly (entirely) at me but I would like to respond anyway. I, in fact, was raised my entire life within the Catholic church and have enough knowledge about religion in general to make informed decisions about my beliefs. I would now consider myself agnostic - there is no proof one way or another God exists. (

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
So all the OP is saying is that if we're not totally righteous and down with God, we're wrong and we're the cause of all of the natural disasters and whatnot going on in the world?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Brianegan

The passion in this post rings loudly. And urgency.
And urgent we all should be.

I can not doubt that free will is at the crux of our dilemmas.
All our dilemmas.

Asking ourselves even IF we have free will would help us all.
Most, I suspect, just take it for granted, this free will.
" Oh, free will? Oh sure.". With out much thought.

But taking not just a moment but a minute to think on it one realizes that it needs not just thought but deep contemplation, DEEP contemplation. It cuts immediately to the core of who we think we are.

Just think. All that space, and endless universe we have come to recognize and here on our little planet we find this simple question presented to us.

Do we or don't we?
And all the mess we've created between those two answers.

Free will? Let this post expand. Let it inspire many posts.
Yeah, I believe so. So what good can we do with it, free will?
edit on 1-6-2011 by TerryMcGuire because: Typo

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

I guess I am confused as to what we were warned about? Your beliefs?? There is no warning, sign, NOTHING having to do with anyone but yourself in this......I was warned to stop falling for the titles of a thread!!!! And it still doesn't work!!!!

What i did was give the warning and why I reached that conclusion to back it up...If you read through it thinking this is so stupid than what else do you expect to believe after reading it that way......Please don't insult me.....I didnt come to this posting one day while i was on a toilet sir....

It is after years of intense scrutany.....The warning is that the desaters and all the bad crap that you are seeing in this world is attributed to everyone's use of free will because it is a result of going against the will of god....We excuse it away as free will being the greatest gift or just one really cool skill that we all share but in reality it is the reason behind every complaint ever made.

The warning is "if every single person doesnt find the reasont that they should give their free will back to god then the crazy events that keep striking this world will continue to escalate and this is your warning......

Try to act nieve all you want but we all know that you understood and your decision will be judged as such......You can't run away from this,........Those that choose to be free from god in order to keep their free will eventually will commit suicide and the rest will have been saved.....

Do what ever you want bc honestly if you dont listen to these words I have no remorse for you bc you dont deserve it after all of the attempt that have been made.....

I do wish for everyonbe to make the right choice but too many are covetting free will and are holding on using it as a parachute....Its not going to save you....Its going to kill you.

Is that a little more clear?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

As soon as you mentioned god I stopped reading, and I'm guessing most other readers will as well.

It was at that point...
But the way i read the first 3 paragraphs
was that the author thought that the only way to conduct life choices is to say 'What would Jesus Do'
and to behave accordingly...

i say # that!...i myself know whats right/good/proper...and even when under the gun, when circumstances are so dire that life & death hag in the balance... I'm not going to immerse myself in a sustained inner dialogue and try to concieve just ''What Would Jesus Do, Now?'

dear author, rationalize all you want... i expect that your calling will be among the 'martyred'...
whether its ones higher-self, a outside higher power, god or God (as the case may be)...

one bob dylan song used the refrain Trust Yourself.......
and nobody else
edit on 1-6-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

I agree....it might take me being martyered to get this into some peoples heads but it is vanity that wrote your first paragraph sir.........I just can't believe that you don't know that already.....I tried to find proper excuses that would make it so it was okay for everyone to be doing it but it doesnt exist so do what you will.....

You wont receive any more tears from me.

What ever you do it will be a choice you make and will be judged based on that when the time comes......Do what you want.....I can't save someone who wishes to be alone and suffer the whole way........I believe that called a narcasist or something right?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brianegan

As soon as you mentioned god I stopped reading, and I'm guessing most other readers will as well.

Well thats your fault isnt it? Your going to have to face it eventually wether you like it or not....You are responsible for your own choices and there are consequences even if you can stall feeling the ffects of it. Good luck........I mention God often but I am connected with no religion.

You are "AWAKE". Good job!

Now be "mindful" of others, and please, most importantly your tone.

One big lesson for myself, there is no fault. Free will is a tough one to master. Be slow, mindful, and loving in your words and ask why did I want to say this.

Love is the answer. Remember each is here at this time to learn their own lessons and the truth at their pace.

Try this, be the center point/the pivot, seeing 360 degrees, while not leaving the center and influencing/enforcing will. This is love!

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
reply to post by john124

john124, This type of reply is why I rarely post here, and don't bother reading very many responses anymore. There was no need to comment like that. If you don't want to read it, fine, just move along.

To the OP. Interesting read. I agree with a lot of it, but not so much about us being fallen angels. We were a separate being created by God but given free will. That is why the angels fell because God put us above them because we could believe without ever seeing him.
Now, obviously Angels must have had some measure of free will, because they rebelled against God. They couldn't rebel if they didn't have it because they would be basically robots. I don't completely understand how all that works, and I am not sure it even matters but doesn't that seem to be the case?

You know i harbored over that for many years as well......I found that we were the ones who believe he put us over the angels when free will was considered a gift. When it is under the microscope as a curse it paints a different picture of who he favors more.........We are the fallen angels and the ones who are subjected to the will of god are the lucky ones not us.......

They deserve it more than us anyway so we really can't be that upset about it plus its our own fault.....Im telling you...........ask yourself if you are supposed to be giving your free will back to god or not and you will soon after find why i write this thread/.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
reply to post by john124

john124, This type of reply is why I rarely post here, and don't bother reading very many responses anymore. There was no need to comment like that. If you don't want to read it, fine, just move along.

To the OP. Interesting read. I agree with a lot of it, but not so much about us being fallen angels. We were a separate being created by God but given free will. That is why the angels fell because God put us above them because we could believe without ever seeing him.
Now, obviously Angels must have had some measure of free will, because they rebelled against God. They couldn't rebel if they didn't have it because they would be basically robots. I don't completely understand how all that works, and I am not sure it even matters but doesn't that seem to be the case?

Oh and dont worry about those who come in so negetively....They serve a fantatic purpose.....They flush out those that will in deed understand these words and are reay to hear them......The others will possibly understand eventually but there is a chnace that they will take it to their grave.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ChungTsuU

Right on Chung. Can you imagine a world where people actually display love in all aspects in regards to communication? WOW....what a world we would live in.

It may even be called "Heaven on Earth"!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Interesting read and observation my friend! I really ejoyed reading your awakening experience and the jouney which lead you to this belief. As I was reading I recalled a book in which Edgar Cayce was said to have came to the same conclusion via trance. He said that Adam and Eve loved the planet so much and wanted free will to stay....so God allowed them under certain circumstances.

I am open minded and believe in the Energy of Light. Good job on the post~

Im very happy you enjoyed the read.....I don't mean to be annoying bc you seem to be very loving but enjoying the read as fiction will accomplsih a stalemate...........All I ask is that you dont stop thinking about it as soon as you click out bc it is really important and really the only reason we are here.......
Like I said. I dont mean to sound forcing I mean to sound imperitive bc it is.

btw.,.....Thank you for pointing out that author...I will research them and see what they are doing these days.........I'll try to unite our efforts.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I eh dude no offense, but I stopped reading at

My prediction is everything will come down to wether or not you trust your decision over Gods decision. In other words do you still believe that your free will is a gift from god.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
you did not deliver on what you sold: a valid warning.

What christian ever has?

Christian?!?

Please read the content in the op....I specifically said i claim no religion, no non religion, and no spiritual concept that can be found here..........

How ignorant this post was.....You didnt even read but felt your little post was important and would definately make more sence.....Again with the vanity.......I hope you'll give it a second chance but I wont be surprised if you dont....

What ever poster.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Themanwithnoname
I'm the same as john124 mate. Stopped reading when i saw the mention of God.
Sorry!

Sorry with an !!............Get real....Your words are just as hollow as your heart.......I hope you enetually come around bc I was once in your shoes as well. NOT ANYMORE.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Yes! As I said you are now "AWAKE". We are the "FALLEN".

You now need to remember that you asked "El Jefe" for this job assignment. In fact you yelled so loud with so much enthusiasm that you convinced "El Jefe" you were the right person to bring this message froward.

I am just asking that you step back and continue to learn. We are not done yet and the learning will continue for a very long time...always return with LOVE, or just move away from the negative energy.

Law of Attraction working along with the Law of Confusion. Learn to discern my Brother.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Hey there Brianegan,

Well, I think this will be a little too wordy for many to get through ... but I did take the time to read it all even when you said that you would get to the point but continued to add unnecessary words in an effort to make your point ... but hey ... I'm a writer ... I like words.

Anyhoo, before I reply proper to your OP I have a question for you.

I know you said that you don't follow a particular religion ... but you do mention the word God more than a little.

So, I was wondering if you could give me a 'brief' idea of what YOU consider the word GOD to mean from a personal perspective ?

Thanks in advance. Woody

Every single word i placed in there was of utter importance and each played their own part. Im happy you read them anyway but not with an open mind given to the entirety.....

Especially about the part where I said that this thread isnt for you to ask me questions bc my other thread would cover all of them (this one included)

You wish me answer your question without even answering mine first...That is perfectly fine if thats what you wish but dont expect me to not only reanswer a question i already write about in detail but to offer you something that you were unwilling to give to me or thought wasnt important enough to mention.....

There is a point to this thread and the content wreaks of it......There will be those that understand these words perfectly and either will have an epiphany from thinking about it or will get started toward one....

All others will write it off as nothing but at least i would have saved a few....

I sleep bc of that.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Fairly interesting read. Most of it is common sense, in that intellectually it is the only reasonable conclusion to make, so your conclusion is what anyone else would more than likely come to if anyone else took the time to think about it. I do think that you are very arrogant if you actually think that you have figured it all out. No man can know the intent or will of God. I didn't see the word faith mentioned one time in the OP... and faith is the most important aspect of a relationship or belief in God. Because you failed to mention or discuss faith, or at least the role faith plays in free will and God's plan for each individual person, I consider your thread null and void.

*this response assumes someone reading the OP believes in God... if you don't then clearly I'm not talking about you.
edit on 1-6-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

what are talking about....Is all that anyone ever wants to do anymore is prove someone wrong...My friend you can not prove this wrong....All you can do is make me look bad...It doesnt change the content...I dont care what you call me or do to me.....Im willing to face that as I have always said......

The whole thing behing giving free will back to god is because of the need for faith....Please re read it if you dont undersatnd and dont lash out at me because you didnt get it the first time...It takes work to get so screwed up so it will take work to fix it...Everyone is just acting lazy...

Im happy that you can see why i reacxhed this result but this is exactly why i requested everyone to remove me from the equation all together bc i dont matter. The warning does.........That is what you have been told and that is what it means........You know this to be true and denying wont save anyone anymore.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Hmmmm....Well let me add that not only did I enjoy the read but came up with the same conclusion years ago. The author is actually dead and was a "sleeping profit" and a baptist one at that.

I went on a journey myself after losing my step son to Leukemia. He suffered long and needless to say it was a nightmare, and still is when thought of.

With all that said, yes, it lead me to the same conclusion. ;-) We not only have free will but the knowledge we sought out in regards to the Tree of Knowledge (and still seek) is not and will never be conclusive.

We are not the creative force of Energy, only a part of it.

As soon as we let go, let love flow with all we do and the choices we make, there will never be peace within or abroad. That is my conclusion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join