It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

45 Communist Goals (from 1963 congressional records-WOW Look how far they've come!)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

China isn't any more communist than the USSR was communist. It is just a ruling block of people covering their authoritarianism with the veil of "utopia". Hell, there isn't a true a communism nation and there never was. There won't be either until we can replicate material at zero cost.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
so the big red scare has become the big blue menace to society.
didnt nikita kruschev say that one day they would win? not sure on the name on that one
and looks like they already have
sadly most "enlightened" readers of ats will dismiss this thread as bunk.

Kruschev said they would bury us.

He was right.

jw

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Once again,
Weak.
Seriously weak.

Nazi propaganda promoted Nazi ideology by demonizing the enemies of the Nazi Party, especially Jews and communists, but also capitalists and intellectuals. It promoted the values asserted by the Nazis, including heroic death, Führerprinzip (leader principle), Volksgemeinschaft (people's community), Blut und Boden (blood and soil) and pride in the German race. Propaganda was also used to maintain the cult of personality around Nazi leader Adolf Hitler, and to promote campaigns for eugenics and the annexation of German-speaking areas. After the outbreak of World War II, Nazi propaganda vilified Germany's enemies, notably the United Kingdom, the Soviet Union and the United States, and exhorted the population to partake in total war.

I`m prety sure I made my point.
And as for your ``Liberal steps`, I`m pretty sure those are actually the rules of debating, with exception to the fact that my pointing out the similarities between the writings of mr. Cleo and Nazi propaganda has been misconstrued by you as a personal attack.
If I wanted to make a personal attack, I`d say your post reads like the rambling of an ignorant redneck desperately seeking confirmation of the ideals he was handed down by his inbread pastor grandfather. And Then I`d probably go on to say something about your masturbating over pasages of Mine Kampf.
But, since that`s totally against the rules of debate, not to mention the terms and conditions of this site, I`m going to let that one lie.

But, since those tactics are not part of the accepted rules of debate, and are totally agai
edit on 27-5-2011 by firsttimecaller because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by firsttimecaller

Once again,
Weak.
Seriously weak.

Nazi propaganda promoted Nazi ideology by demonizing the enemies of the Nazi Party, especially Jews and communists, but also capitalists and intellectuals. It promoted the values asserted by the Nazis, including heroic death, Führerprinzip (leader principle), Volksgemeinschaft (people's community), Blut und Boden (blood and soil) and pride in the German race. Propaganda was also used to maintain the cult of personality around Nazi leader Adolf Hitler, and to promote campaigns for eugenics and the annexation of German-speaking areas. After the outbreak of World War II, Nazi propaganda vilified Germany's enemies, notably the United Kingdom, the Soviet Union and the United States, and exhorted the population to partake in total war.

It may be that you missed the concept of the thread. This list was recorded in the Congressional Records in '63. Is that the main point of the OP?
No, it is a supporting fact to the main point. In the link I provided in the OP, it states that the list is an excerpt from "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen. Was this the main point? No, another supporting fact.
You know very well what the OP was about, however with your "superior intellect" (laughable), you chose to ignore it and attack the source.
Over two-thirds of the list are in affect. That is two-thirds of a list, of communist goals, that came from a book wriiten in 1958, copied into the congressional record in 1963.

I`m prety sure I made my point.
And as for your ``Liberal steps`, I`m pretty sure those are actually the rules of debating, with exception to the fact that my pointing out the similarities between the writings of mr. Cleo and Nazi propaganda has been misconstrued by you as a personal attack.

The fact of the matter is that you attacked the OP and it's source before even looking at the source. So much for the "superior intellect".

If I wanted to make a personal attack, I`d say your post reads like the rambling of an ignorant redneck desperately seeking confirmation of the ideals he was handed down by his inbread pastor grandfather.

That's sad bro, I did not always have my location listed, but since doing so, I have been labeled "redneck", "racist", "inbred", "slow", and "backward". Do you always sterio type those of whom you know nothing of?
Don't try and say that my location did not contribute to your remarks. We both know you would be lieing. Futher more, my grandfather was not a pastor nor was he in a loaf of bread.
I do not have a pastor, priest, minister, rabi or preacher. They are all human and fall short.

And Then I`d probably go on to say something about your masturbating over pasages of Mine Kampf.
But, since that`s totally against the rules of debate, not to mention the terms and conditions of this site, I`m going to let that one lie.

Nice of you

edit on 28-5-2011 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Well, here's the thing.

You have absolutely zero proof that any of these are actually "communist goals." In fact, the vast majority are not; they are simply things that an old man was hating on in 1958.

"That newfangled dang-gum 'modern art!' Sure looks like them commies is behind that! And just the other day - can you believe it - I passed some negra on the street, and he didn't even call me "sir!" Man oh man those Ruskie bastards are sure taking over!"

Second, you have no evidence that most of these are actually happening. Communists, taking over both political parties, for instance. if you think either the Democrats or Republicans are communists, then I assure you, you don't have a damn clue what communism is, other than perhaps "something I dislike" (newfangled dang-gum...)

And third, some of these are pretty good to implement. Do you like John Wayne? Well, if he hadn't been downwind of a nuclear test while filming that goofy Genghis Khan movie, I'll bet The Duke could have had a few more films in him. An end to colonialism? Yes, please. Closing down a government operation whereby the super-elite of society get to pass laws and ruins people's lives because they don't fit the exclusive mold of what the elite considers "American?" Sounds like a grand idea. Treating gay people like people rather than monsters? Hey, I don't know about you but I think the world would have been a better place if Alan Turing hadn't been mutilated by his government for his sexual preferences.

So we've got a list of garbled nonsense with no basis in fact, based primarily on the wild-eyed ravings of that era's answer to Glen Beck, which primarily revolves around the concept that new is bad and that anything that isn't American Fascism must therefore be Russian communism and therefor BADBADBADBAD.

I mean on its own, it's actually kind of a neat little window into the political train of thought back in the late 50's. I'd say that it has some culturally historic value based on that. However, even back in those days, it had no value as political fact, and today, it has even less.
edit on 28/5/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The list could be expanded upon for that matter, it is by no means complete. Those that seek power, whether they call themselves communists as opposed to capitalists, progressives as opposed to conservatives, work diligently to mislead and mask their true intentions. Their intentions are always to acquire POWER, to wield it, and use it for their own ends, and the ends of those they work for.
The list reads like tactics that might be used to soften the target. Dumb down the target. Confuse the target. Weaken the target.
So, the "answer" to their weakness, confusion, and despair is______________.
Fill in the blank. They all have "Rulers" at the top and schmucks at the bottom. The whole idea was control, and it still is.
A better subject might be, what are the true goals today? Besides destroying the middle class....

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I would be very interested to hear YOUR definition of communism.
Not the water down version commies use to find new recruits, but your honest opinion of what it means.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Star for your Stewie, nice post.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17
Communism was never, and is not a problem. It is a utopian ideal. Soviet communism was the problem.

In regards to what TheWalkingFox has pointed out; this "list" just seems to be fuel for the fires of the ignorant and intolerant.
edit on 5/27/2011 by SG-17 because: (no reason given)

So, are you trying to say that as long as it's not the Soviets, communism is ok?
edit on 30-5-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
You know very well what the OP was about...

Actually, I don't. It's right wing propaganda to drum up support for their ideals and ostracize their opponents, just because it's in the congressional record doesn't make it true. How many current congressmen purposely misconstrue facts or outright lie on a regular basis and put that into the congressional record.

What is the point of the OP? Divisiveness? Hate?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Don't forget to read the ten planks of the communist manifesto.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

The point of the OP:

In 1958 a book was written about communism.
In this book the arthur noted 45 goals that he felt communist would try and implement.
In 1963 this list was entered into the congressional record (evidently people felt rather strongly about this and wanted a record of it).
It is now 2011 and most of this list has been implemented. That is the point of the OP.
The problem with the type of communism most people want today is that it does not and has never existed.
It may start out all "sun shine and lollypops" but it does not stay that way for long.
Usually the people that get stuck flipping the bill get fed up and rebel or you get some lunatic leader that decides he knows what's best for everyone and we all know that does not go over very well.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

It's hyperbolic and, in my opinion, stupid.

A majority of that list is, in fact, a good thing. If you buy into any of this propaganda then, to quote the title of the thread, 'look how far we haven't come!'

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
All courtesy of TPTB in order to completely destroy America and all she stands for.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234

It's hyperbolic and, in my opinion, stupid.

A majority of that list is, in fact, a good thing. If you buy into any of this propaganda then, to quote the title of the thread, 'look how far we haven't come!'

A majority of that list is a good thing?!? How is that a fact?
Most of it deals with the US becoming even more of a nanny state then it already has. How would you suppose we pay for such a government? Someone has to flip the bill. I believe to think otherwise is stupid and childish.

Look, I know that many out there think that goverment should be the answer for everything.
This will never work.
Governments are made up of people and people will do what they have always done- lie, cheat, steal, murder, rape, and take advantage of others. give people power over others and it will eventually corrupt them. This is the main reason many want term limits for congress.
It may be something nice to think about as long as you don't let REALITY get in the way.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Communism was never, and is not a problem. It is a utopian ideal. Soviet communism was the problem.

In regards to what TheWalkingFox has pointed out; this "list" just seems to be fuel for the fires of the ignorant and intolerant.

So, are you trying to say that as long as it's not the Soviets, communism is ok?
I wouldn't put it so bluntly (as Maoist Communism, Castro Communism, and Potist Communism are just as bad as Soviet Communism), but I would not be opposed to a pure communist state. True communism is utopian after all.

Of course true communism, with our current level of technology, is impossible.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Yep. TPTB have shifted the Overton Window so far to the left that America is not even recognizable from where our Fathers left us.

Peace,
SeraphNB

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

They call it progress. The problem is that we seem to be progressively moving in the WRONG direction.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by seraphnb

Sad but true. If they were to see us today they would weep at what the people of this country have let happen.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

I wouldn't put it so bluntly (as Maoist Communism, Castro Communism, and Potist Communism are just as bad as Soviet Communism), but I would not be opposed to a pure communist state. True communism is utopian after all.

Of course true communism, with our current level of technology, is impossible.

From this post, and your other about food replication technology, it would seem that you believe this would lead to the utopian communist state of which you speak.
I must remind you of human nature. This technology, if we make it that far, will not be free. If there is a profit to be made, human greed will take care of the rest.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join