It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police goes brutal on a guy, crowd gets angry and beat the hell out of cops

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ucantcme

It WAS different this time.

This time the public was able to actually DO something about it.

edit on 25/5/11 by SlackOps because: remove text

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas
when did this happen?
Anybody know?
Where?
edit on 25-5-2011 by A por uvas because: where?

Portugal

Can't say I agree with the actions of either side in that vid. The idiot on the pitch should have been removed with less violence, but that doesn't excuse the crowd inflicting some horrible beatings on the Fuzzletons.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I watched this video three times and each time felt a sense of relief that people have had enough. I don think the whole crowd was necessary, but cmon. Enough is enough.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

So you didn't see that cop on the right using his baton to smash the man's head/face in?

The problem most of you forget here is that in the U.S., most pigs would be happy to put 12-15 .40 caliber hollow points in you for cleating them.

+14 more 
posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
However when they did attempt to get away and were mobbed that is where I do not agree.

But it sure is ok for the cops to mob people all they want to, and keep beating the crap out of someone when there are already five of them holding him down?

Umm, no. Good crowd, good deed, and it's time for the cops to learn a lesson. And I agree with Vitch. This SHOULD happen everywhere there is needless cop brutality, except in this country (I assume that video was another country) it is a lot tougher to do when the cops all have guns to back that uncontested brutality up. And they'll kill you with them in a situation like that video, no questions asked. The cops would have pulled guns, killed a bunch of people, and gotten out of there untouched. And then they would come back with all the cops there are, killed a few more, and arrested the rest. And if things got REAL out of hand, then hey, the cops got tanks, sound weapons, and all kinds of nasty things still to go. C130's and Apaches if need be from the National Guard.

Again, the Oathkeepers are not enough.

edit on Wed May 25th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas
I'd say the people of the world are pretty fed up.

u damn right they're fed up.
and they ain't gonna take it no more.
when the cops stop treating people
with respect, they get the same
in return.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I admire people standing up for each other, but you can't change things like this... "Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

This video (the one above) was uploaded two years ago in 2008.

The one linked in the OP is a more recent upload.
This one has a ton of comments on youtube already.

David Grouchy

[edit] I originally saw this video when Posted by Member TKDRL on his page 2 comment on a thread called
"Pittsburgh Police Brutally Assault Unruly Fan at PNC Park, Using Tasers, Nightsticks"
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ateuprto

No, to me it looks like they are jabbing him either in the ribs or in the arm. Most likely because he's trying to resist against them handcuffing him. I'm not saying that IS what happened, it's just what it looks like to me. And I'm not defending the cops. It was wrong on both ends. And what's the comment about the US? I'm from the US

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Punching a restrained person is cowardly. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. It's in the bible.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This Could Happen Every Day.
Cops Only Have Power Because We Give It To Them.
Its Easy To Take It Back, I Just Takes Balls.

link   
Three words: HA HA HA
Bullies getting bullied is awesome. Anyone who abuses their power deserves this!

link   
Police at any event where there are 30-40,000 people can get dangerous really fast.
Soy socio de rayo vallecano,Madrid.Umpa Rayo!!!
About a month and a half ago a police car right outside the stadium was set on fire and swat teams were shooting pellets and chasing people.We were inside saying look there's a fire outside the stadium.And I heard the shots that soundeed like a car was backfiring.
This last week we ascended to the top league.
The police knew we were going to storm the field so they all left before it happened.

link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

While I agree you're forgetting one thing there TA. We outnumber them and have more guns than them. And I pray for the day when they get to see that.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Old video... seen it a while ago

Still,

Power to the People !

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

Looks like head shots to me, but hey, it's anyone's guess without proof.

The U.S. comment was for everyone, not you. People talking about "we need this to happen more," was simply stating that in this country the police are more likely to pull their sidearms and kill you before they disperse and retreat.

No doubt, crappy situation for everyone involved.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
That made me smile! Really though they got what they deserved...if those people hadn't gave them that whoopin I don't think those cops would have learned anything and probably walked away thinkin we were lucky but wouldn't hesitate to do it again. It takes that beating as a real reminder that people really don't like them beating a subdued man. Remember when you were a kid and you did something wrong and your parents whooped your butt...that's how I equate this. Kids these days don't listen cause parents are afraid to do lay a hand. Corporal punishment at it's finest!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I think this happened in 2004, in Switzerland.

The guy that entered the field had a sign saying that the family was supporting the Portuguese referee, and the guys that restrained and hit him were from a private security company, not the police.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
Most likely because he's trying to resist against them handcuffing him. I'm not saying that IS what happened, it's just what it looks like to me.

nope, they were beating him AFTER he was handcuffed.
After the crowd gets involved, I saw him get up and run away
and he was still handcuffed. That's not resisting.
That's Police Brutality

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I cannot imagine
what if those cops were armed

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join