It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police goes brutal on a guy, crowd gets angry and beat the hell out of cops

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

This should happen EVERYWHERE people see cops brutality for no reason.

Freaking cops are not above the law.

#ty though that the only cop not to get beat was the one doing the excessive beating.

I'm not for beating cops.....but those guys deserved what they got....and so will many others if they don't start being smart about the force they use.

If it takes 6 men to hold a guy down and they can't arrest him like that then they are a bunch of little babies who should probably seek another job.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I know you're from Portugal, so surprised you missed the fact this is from Portugal!
No, the images are from a friendly match between Benfica and Swiss team, in Switzerland.

I have found the original video elsewhere and it is by broadcaster RTP (Portugese) and the advertising on the edge of the pitch is for a Portugese soft drink, I believe, Sumol.
The video from the OP is from another Portuguese channel, SIC, and is usual to see Portuguese adverts in games in other countries and foreign adverts in Portuguese games.

So unless there is a big expat comunity in Switzerland, I do not think this is from there.
There's a big Portuguese expat community in Switzerland, and the security guy that was hit the most was Portuguese, but from a Swiss company.

There's an older thread about this somewhere.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by Vitchilo

Two wrongs do not make a right

yes they shouldn't have been hitting that guy like that in anyway. There were plenty of them where they could restrain him. I don't think he was going anywhere.

However when they did attempt to get away and were mobbed that is where I do not agree.

yes but the second wrong teaches a lesson where as the first does not.

That is the thing people forget...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
Ok, this is F'ed up on both sides. The cops were a bit excessive. But to be honest, he was resisting. You couldnt see exactly what was going on but it was fairly obvious he was struggling. On the other hand, he was just some fan being a doofus, not really a threat at all. On the other hand, they beat the hell out of those cops. Not really a valid response to being upset about "unnecessary violence"

Lose, lose.

Would you feel the same if the initial guy getting beat was your brother and you saw him getting beaten by cops ?

I think not.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

While I don't completely disagree with the whole two wrongs argument.....

Sometimes you have to fight the enemy with the only thing they know. How else are we suppose to handle situations like this? File a complaint? Have you ever tried going into a police station and filing a complaint against one of their own? It usually doesn't go over real well. Should we take it to a courtroom where 90% of the time the judge takes the cop's word over yours unless you have evidence that can't be refuted? Even then the cop usually gets suspended with pay which is the same as having a paid vacation for being crooked. How many times have we seen videos or read reports of police brutality only to find out that the cop/s in said video or article has had numerous complaints filed against him/her over an extended period of time and still on the force?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I never understood why they chase people who run out into sporting events.

Why not let them run around for a few? Eventually the crowd will get tired of it, he would leave on his own and the game will continue. No harm done and no "event" like this.

People are too uptight!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
A short post just to add that the Swiss team was the "Etoile Carouge".

Edit: and a link to the old thread.

edit on 25/5/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
(nvm.)

edit on 25/5/11 by SlackOps because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

I don't have a brother. Would I be happy to see that happen to a friend? No. Would I still feel it was wrong for a large group of people to jump on the cops and kick one in the head while he was down? Yes. This is just an example of pack mentality. If so many people here truly feel you need to rise up against the cops then stop hiding behind your computer and go do it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Fair enough! That explains the Portugese flavour, which is what I was basing my views on..

Don't mind being proven wrong one bit

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Just because someone puts a costume on, and are given the "authority" to initiate the use of force against another human being, does not mean it is right. Unfortunately, sometimes (well, pretty much all of the time) it takes force to stop force.

These human beings dressed up as corporate policy enforcement officers got what was coming to them. What they did was wrong, and those people sure as hell told them so. They'll remember that day quite clearly, just as every bully does when someone stands up to them and makes them feel small and insignificant.

It should be a natural reaction to defend each other. I mean, some dudes jump my buddy, and I'm right in there to do whatever needs to be done to make them stop and never want to do it again. Too many brainwashed pussies would stand and watch, for fear of the risk, the consequence that "daddy" would bring down on us.

In order to live an honorable life, one must risk everything.

Attaway Portugal, don't take that crap

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Seen this a while ago.

Gotta say,

When I FIRST saw it

I jumped out of my chair and yelled "*SNIP* YEAH *SNIP* YEAH"

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

The tide is turning my friends, people all over this great planet are sick of the powerful taking advantage of the weak. The revolution is like a giant tsunami rolling ascross the land. Just wonder when it will cross the USA? Only when people turn off the tv's and take a break from Twitter long enough to realize how much we are really being f'd over.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Two wrongs do not make a right

yes they shouldn't have been hitting that guy like that in anyway. There were plenty of them where they could restrain him. I don't think he was going anywhere.

However when they did attempt to get away and were mobbed that is where I do not agree.

You don't support the mob because the cops were trying to flee? What do you think happens when someone tries to run away from the police?
I love the way they ran away and left their co-worker to take the beating for the whole group, this should be required viewing for every police academy on the planet.
The more we see these videos the shorter our fuse becomes, when the cork finally blows there is going to be a real disaster.

I don't support any violence be it by a cop or otherwise..

WHY is that so hard for people to grasp?

You probably should have said that in your first post, it sounded like you were siding with the police. If everyone felt the way you do we wouldn't need the police in the first place.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

Great way to get trampled.

Just sayin'.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Old video, but still a good one..

All it takes is one person to fight back, mob mentality will bring the rest.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

All it takes is one person to fight back, mob mentality will bring the rest.

Resistance, coming to a city near you Fall of 2011: Will you be there?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hyperion.martin
Like they say, every hurricane begins with a single raindrop. Notice how the crowd of like 80 is still less violent than the few cops...

No, I don't notice that at all. I didn't see the cops kicking anyone's face in.

That one cop was hitting the guy down..over and over with the end of his baton..another cop looked like he was trying to tell the other cop..enough already.

they got the wrong cop though..damn it..the one doing the crap with the baton..wasn't the one who got beat.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

reply to post by LucidDreamer85

I don't have a brother. Would I be happy to see that happen to a friend? No. Would I still feel it was wrong for a large group of people to jump on the cops and kick one in the head while he was down? Yes. This is just an example of pack mentality. If so many people here truly feel you need to rise up against the cops then stop hiding behind your computer and go do it.

maybe cops will think twice before using unfair brutality..I just wish it would have been the cop with the baton..given him jams to the head with it.

I'm really proud of all those who stepped in...the cops that use force like this really need to know....that what goes around comes around.
edit on 25-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

This is police brutality being defend against with citizen brutality. The police are getting out of hand and no one here can not say that it does not turn your stomach in anger to see innocent people getting a beat down for no reason by those who are supposed to protect and serve us.
This is just people that are tired of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join