It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actor Peter Fonda "threatens" Obama?.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Reports are coming out that Fonda made some statements at Cannes that- in my opinion- weren't too smart in this day and age and he may have committed a Federal crime:

“I’m training my grandchildren to use long-range rifles,” the actor told The Daily Telegraph at the international film festival. “For what purpose? Well, I’m not going to say the words 'Barack Obama,' but …” Read more: www.foxnews.com...

I'm guessing a couple of guys in suits will be talking to him soon........

Full story here: www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Go Fonda Go!! Im overjoyed people are waking up.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Obama's no JFK.

It'll take more than a head shot to stop that demon.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think the guy who wrote "Easy Rider" would train his kids in the use of arms no matter the state of the union or who's "in charge."

Just my opinion but I think the guy was referring to "Obama's" behind the back tactic's of putting through new gun legislation.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I heard no threat at all.... I heard him say that due to the current presidents policies and actions he feels that his grandchildren will be living in a possibly violent world of the have it alls and the have nothings.

Perhaps a poor way to make a point or express an opinion, but, I think its a bit of a stretch to call this a threat.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
lmao

me thinks Fonda has been on golden pond
too damn long !!!

and I'll bet he gets a visit very soon
as well.

but thanks Peter for the laugh

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Reply to post by gimpy327

So, people threatening the lives of others counts as "waking up"?

God, this site is such a joke sometimes.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
fonda is an idiot

an arrogant idiot he stopped a war yeah ok whatever

he and hanoi jane are quite the pair.

if there ever came a war between the haves and have nots yeah

those people who have guns and who dont have them

fonda is a dog all bark and no bite i hope he is stupid enough to do something like that.

the punk will go to prison for the rest of his life

fonda is the result when you smoke too much weed.

just say no
edit on 24-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by ancientmustytext

I didn't think of the gun legislation aspect but you may be right- I was looking at is as more that he's disappointed that Obama has failed to carry so many of his campaign promises, getting us involved in even more military conflicts,etc etc.........

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
What is wrong with you people. Regardless of whether or not you agree with the President its STUPID to call for a sitting President's assassination. Do you remember what happened the last time a president was assassinated??

Anyone???

Vietnam ring a bell....

bad things happen when Presidents get assassinated. It makes me so mad that when the "right" is not in control of the country they become so unpatriotic, but accuse everyone else of the same without taking the time to just think for a minute... am I being a moron for saying these things?

I don't agree with Obama so much these days, but I do not think he deserves to lose his life. The American people voted him into office. Wait until the next election to try and make a change.

Besides, do you really want Biden running the country?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes- he used to be Mr. "peace loving, anti-violence, flower-child", but now he seems to have quite an affection for guns.....

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatsreal

yeah vietnam does ring a bell

but does iraq,afghanistan,libya,pakistan ring one as well?

4 wars

and vietnam is the only one thats actually over

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

hes a poser like they all are

when it comes to the peace loving anti violence flower children you get between them and their weed

they will stick a shive in your gut.

hell they are all posers they all pretend to be something they are not

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Hey you may be right I don't know what celebrity-X is thinking either when they make these statements, but I'd say this comment used to be a far stretch from a threat.

It's kind of scary watching everyone jump on this guy for making a statement about training his own children to use firearms. It seems to me these are probably the kind of people who would rat you out to brownshirts for having guns.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Just because he played The Truth in GTA: San Andreas, I'll let this one slide. Hope he gets talked to, though.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The comment this Liberal actor made is much worse than anything Palin NEVER said.
At least he is being taken to task but I think he was talking about this:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Well I don't think that he's training his grandkids to use firearms is what's raising people's eyebrows- it's his response when he was asked "why" and he said "Well, I don't want to mention the name Barack Obama, but...." -that's the part part that may be getting him in trouble with the Feds....

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimpy327
Go Fonda Go!! Im overjoyed people are waking up.

To shooting the President? What a peculiar American affliction. Most of us prefer to vote, instead.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Granted the post cited is FOX so I'm not expecting an unbiased report or any thing but really half a sentence isn't proof of anything.

I don't feel like doing the legwork but feel free to find the rest of his statement and we'll see if this is anything more than another attempt at making our beloved puppet look like a victim.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

This is being reported multiple places, not just FOX............

top topics

<<   2 >>

join