It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actor Peter Fonda "threatens" Obama?.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

So link some sources and make a more convincing thread?

The email is from over a week ago and in my opinion is more news-worthy than half a quote.

I'm not dogging you or supporting Fonda but the man has his rights. I think you would be hard pressed to find a lawyer willing to take this man to court for half a sentence, but hey who knows it is 1984.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancientmustytext
I think the guy who wrote "Easy Rider" would train his kids in the use of arms no matter the state of the union or who's "in charge."

Just my opinion but I think the guy was referring to "Obama's" behind the back tactic's of putting through new gun legislation.

I agree. I didn't interpret what he said as direct threat to the President. Why train your grandkids to shoot the President when you could hire an assasin, or terrorist, or lunatic, or whatever. I think what he was saying was he wants his future generations to be prepared for an even worse United States in the future.

I think it would be better if actors named Fonda should keep their political opinions to themselves. It never seems to work out well for them. But then, at 71, he doesn't have too long a career left. And, at 71, you've pretty much earned the right to say whatever pops in your head and still be respected for what you did in the past. That seems to be the way it works in my family, anyways. In fact, I look forward to that priviledge. Confounded young'ns! I TOLD you them thar aliens were gunna to invade!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientmustytext

I'm not trying to "convince" you of anything- not sure why you're being antagonistic....
I presented a story about an actor who said some things that may or not get him into trouble with the Federal government-that's it.
If you don't want to believe he said it or that FOX is "making it up" that's your perogative......
edit on 24-5-2011 by Skippy1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Wow, ya gotta love how out of context, snipped off, quotes can become such a Rorschach test revealing personal biases.

Clearly there's a reason this "source" is filed under the heading "News & Gossip", and this thread is worse than a women's restroom.

Peter Fonda made comments that could be construed...

Could be construed? That train already left the station, and went barreling down the tracks.
edit on 5/24/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Instead of being vulgar-why don't you explain how this is being biased?And provide us the un-snipped, un-out of context version- I would love to read it.....
I thought this story was timely since last week there was also an incident where a 13 year-old was questioned by the Secret Service (without his mother present) for a supposed "threat" he made about Obama on his Facebook page....

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Oh come on! Really? A general analogy to a well known place for "gossip circles" is hardly "vulgar". Man up.

Mainstream media rule number one: ALWAYS be highly skeptical of any "article" that uses an accusatory question for a title. It's a HUGE red flag, and it's an old and tired tactic for planting a seed. Also, it has increasingly become the go-to tactic for decimation of propaganda/spin in recent times.

As for the statement with context (from the article), it would roughly appear to be....

“I’m training my grandchildren to use long-range rifles. For what purpose? Well, I’m not going to say the words 'Barack Obama', but we are heading for a major conflict between the haves and the have nots.”

So where does that leave us?

First, Fonda believes that we're headed towards a SHTF scenario between the haves and have nots.

Second, it's a given that Fonda and Obama would both clearly fall into the "haves" category, and he makes no mention at all of "the haves vs. the haves".

So, why mention Obama at all?

With more context it appears that Fonda wouldn't solely blame Obama for the growing sense of disparity in this country; however, it also appears that he doesn't think Obama has done much to quell that sense of disparity either. Regardless, since Fonda and Obama would both clearly fall on the same side, in a hypothetical "haves vs. have nots" conflict, the "article", through classic propaganda/spin techniques, merely fulfills its own "construed as threats" prophecy.

It's a fluff piece. A disingenuous, politically spun, pot-shot at Fonda, and nothing more.

edit on 5/25/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
What was that about the Prez letting foreign troops come on our soil and tell our military what to do? When was that, and why does Fonda know it but no one else has talked about it? It would have to be within the last couple years. Is he talking about the UN Blue Helmets?

As for his comment involving rifles, it seemed pretty loosely said, and we all know that with food shortages, people are going to be committing lots of crimes. and it's on you know who's watch.
edit on 25-5-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ancientmustytext

With statements like that coming out in his twilight years. I'm thinking he may have just gone from " Easy Rider "
to "Cheezy Writer ". Definetly was in the right country to be mouthing off like that. Considering he admittedly sent that e-mail. I think he knows exactly what he's doing. Down to every word.
edit on 25-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join