It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would this make UFO theory more believable??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Ok so a big point in peoples argument against UFOs is the amount of time it would take for aliens to come from one planet to ours.

BUT what if these UFOs are simply unmanned alien probes?? We send them to planets all the time, surely its a fair assumption that if intelligent life existed elsewhere they would also be exploring space in the same way, but they are simply advanced enough to be able to send their probes into very deep space. It could explain some of the crashed UFO sightings aswell.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

Aye maybe the Greys are engineered, maybe their creators are long-gone and maybe we had the misfortune of these unfeeling entities finding our wee ball of rock n' water. Maybe they have designs on our curious species.
Maybe maybe maybe...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I don't listen to skeptics. UFO's are real.
I've seen one, if only i caught it on camera.
But considering Earth is a young planet, There has to be something out there
way older, and way more advanced.
Making it super easy to navigate the universe.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I think you might have a good point. This would also explain the extreme lack of legitimate video-evidence for the actual alien lifeforms.

On a sidenote, if you had a beard I wouldn't even bother replying. Beards piss me off.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Yea...all of the above ideas are plausable..and probably very likely...

LOL whats this about beards??

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by banandar123

I think you might have a good point. This would also explain the extreme lack of legitimate video-evidence for the actual alien lifeforms.

On a sidenote, if you had a beard I wouldn't even bother replying. Beards piss me off.

Good point indeed, I still think aliens are aboard those unidentified flying thingies.

PS Psh, I have a beard, but it's not just a beard, it's a beard that fly UFOs. Can't be mad at that.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
You should search "Alex Collier." He did an interview in 1994 and later again in 2008 or 2010. It would answer a lot of your questions. Hope it helps.

Beard phobia much?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Who says UFO's are a theory? They're definitely out there; we just don't know if they're man-made or alien-made.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
Ok so a big point in peoples argument against UFOs is the amount of time it would take for aliens to come from one planet to ours.

BUT what if these UFOs are simply unmanned alien probes?? We send them to planets all the time, surely its a fair assumption that if intelligent life existed elsewhere they would also be exploring space in the same way, but they are simply advanced enough to be able to send their probes into very deep space. It could explain some of the crashed UFO sightings aswell.

I had to take a smoke break to ponder this great question.

So, maybe they are probes. This makes a lot more sense than a "manned" mission to Earth. Let's think about how they act. Most UFOs behave erratically and exhibit what seems to be intelligent behavior, that being their reactions to observers, other aircraft that may be in the vicinity or chasing it, and so on. So if they are not piloted by a biological intelligent being , they may be piloted by an A.I.

But let's ponder this more. With our probes, we get our recon info back, sometimes in real time (as close to it as possible), sometimes not. How would an alien probe get the information back? This makes me think of communication means that I have not thought of before. Would the craft "beam" the info back? How long would their journey home take? Do the probes always land, and if they don't, what exactly are they looking for?

We test soil, so it makes sense they would too, but they don't always land, or at least we don't see them doing so, so how are they testing our planet?.

Also they seem to be on missions, flying from point A to B to C and so on, so there must have been prior knowledge of the planet to begin with, so where did that come from?

If they are in fact piloted by biological beings, then why? Our current tech and knowledge states that even at light speed it can take generations and generations to get our nearest stars, so they don't seem to be using light speed, and if they are not, is their home-world closer than we think, or are they using a propulsion system that puts light speed travel to shame?

I guess this all depends on whether or not you believe we have recovered alien bodies. Maybe they ARE manned, because let's be honest, how many people would believe the pictures from our probes if they saw Klaatu waving back in an alien city? Maybe they are just as skeptical about life on other planets as most humans are.

Very good food for thought Idonthaveabeard.
edit on 24-5-2011 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2011 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Thanks il check out the collier guy. And as for beaming things back who knows? Maybe they have 'stations' through space to relay the information? Maybe they are taking photos, videos, analysing our atmosphere to prepare to send a manned mission? Maybe there is more than one planet sending things, at different stages of their advancement. One has already sent manned missions while others are just sending probes over.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
Thanks il check out the collier guy. And as for beaming things back who knows? Maybe they have 'stations' through space to relay the information? Maybe they are taking photos, videos, analysing our atmosphere to prepare to send a manned mission? Maybe there is more than one planet sending things, at different stages of their advancement. One has already sent manned missions while others are just sending probes over.

And after you find info on Ralph Amigron aka Alex Collier print it out for
emergency toilet paper.

Anyone who claims crap about galactic federations is either deluded or trying
to sell you something.

"This link appears to confirm information regarding Ralph Amigron, aka Ralph Amagran, aka "Alex Collier" and his having served time in federal prison. There is even more to the story, and charges against him of drugging and rape are still under investigation.

The "UFO researchers" who have stood behind and promoted this fraud, con man and criminal, namely Michael Salla and Paola Harris, apparently didn't do their homework. Instead they blindly - and ambitiously - promoted him and his outrageous, unsubstantiated, completely idiotic claims of being a "genuine, lifelong Andromedan contactee". Such is the pathetic level of investigative skills - and integrity - in "exopolitics".

More than 10 years ago I pointed out that this man was an impostor but I was attacked and vilified by Salla and Harris, who thought it wasn't "nice" to "confront other UFO researchers". It's long past the time that serious, concerned people distance themselves from the incompetent, publicity seeking wannabes in the "UFO community" - and "exopolitics" in particular.

You can see Salla give this con man and criminal his own shameless personal endorsement, "I can assure you it's very, very real..." here. And when "Alex Collier" tells the audience, "What I don't want to do today is go into a lot of background...," now you will know why.

www.theyfly.com...

Inmate Locator - Locate Federal inmates from 1982 to present
Name Register # Age-Race-Sex Release Date
1. RALPH GEORGE AMIGRON 95650-012 54-White-M 08-02-1991 RELEASED

www.bop.gov...&Age=&x=70&y=13

Alex Collier is a fraud. The second article is information on his release from Federal Prison."

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Yea. Never bought into that crap. It eludes me that anyone could take seriously or know that their are "Plaedians," "Reptillians," and "Orians" or whatever.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The argument is over on this one. Anyone in the know is well aware that aliens have been and are regulars here. Time to get with the program and wake up!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
Yea. Never bought into that crap. It eludes me that anyone could take seriously or know that their are "Plaedians," "Reptillians," and "Orians" or whatever.

its crazy the theories people come up with sometimes...
People have not even gotten past the first step of proving (Physical Proof) that Et's are real, yet they are already naming races...

Cat People
Reptillians
Pleadians
etc.

Logically we are not alone, but its alot BS in this subject.
edit on 25-5-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Anybody who requires ET visitation to this planet fall into mankind's contemporary understanding of the universe and technological advancement is simply not a believer in this subject and nothing will change them. Such arguments are made simply as a means of ending conversation on this conspiracy as the person who utters them is unwilling to accept that humans haven't figured everything out yet.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I think Nobeard is on the right track.

ET probes may take thousands of years to get here, time spans beyond the reach of humanoid aliens. Postbiological civilisations (Steven Dick's ideas) or biological ones would have many reasons for sending such probes to explore planets in our galaxy, especially planets with life, and above all those, that like ourselves, are developing space technology, potential galactic imperialists.

They could beam back the information using neutrinos or other technologies beyond our grasp. They would certainly be able to avoid eavesdropping by fools like Seth Shostak.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Lowneck

We have an extremely young and immature technology and science. If our species were around for even another thousand years is it likely that our technology will still be limited by these issues?

An alien culture far older than ours could easily overcome these barriers. Anyway, what makes any of you think our nearest neighbours are so far away? They have already visited us many times - the evidence is there if you bother to look with an open mind. They may be far nearer but hidden from our view perhaps...

edit on 26/5/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Pimander,

My thoughts were as follows:

Drake has estimated 10^4 ET civilizations in our galaxy, I think

Taking the galaxy to be a flat disc radius 5*10^5 light years, I calculate that galactic civilizations should therefore be on average around 2.5*10^3.5 light years apart (calculation open to correction of course)

If probes' max velocity is 0.1c, they should therefore take thousands of years, at least to get here from their home planets.

But advanced ET civilizations would likely maintain fleets of probes monitoring planets throughout the galaxy, in case of interesting or threatening developments, like ourselves. This would have permitted them to respond relatively quickly to the human technological advance of the last few centuries.

Cheers.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
What if the aliens don't even adhere to space - time physics as we know them? Travelling not geographically but dimensionally.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join