It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would this make UFO theory more believable??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think it's likely whatever is visiting us, if indeed anything is visiting us, took awhile to get here. Maybe not the enormous amount of time we would expect, due to our very limited understanding of physics, but time nonetheless.

Given that presumption, I think any intelligent species would be very prudent to send "scouts" ahead to investigate the potential intelligent life they are traveling to. I would guess that The Grays, and their taller feminine versions, are bio-engineered beings that were created to withstand the time and conditions necessary to travel to us.

You read about the Mantis-like beings, that sometimes accompany The Grays, which are I assume very few in number. I would think they are in charge of The Grays, and are very likely those who created them. I would reason that a Mantis individual comes along with The Grays to make sure everything goes smoothly, probably knowing that they will not be returning to their own planet, hence why so few of them are reported.

What I gathered from reading "The Threat" was that The Grays sole mission here is to create a hybrid species, capable of integrating itself among our people, and eventually dominating our societies. After Humans are all basically integrated into the Hybrid species, whether through espousal, distant relation, or direct employment, control is handed to the Mantis people.

Subjugation from within, without war, and without (much) loss of life.

Just a random hypothesis. Would make an excellent sci-fi book, if not for accounts and testimonies, from many different people, that would suggest it is indeed fact and not just our vivid imaginations behind these notions.

Should we be glad that we might become part of a larger human destiny, or should we fear the implication that we might lose what it is to truly be "Human"?

-D
edit on 27-5-2011 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2011 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lowneck
Drake has estimated 10^4 ET civilizations in our galaxy, I think

Most estimates using Drake's Equation massively underestimate the number of civilizations. Partly due to what I said in the post below in another thread.

Originally posted by Pimander

Originally posted by XRaDiiX
54 PLANETS IN HABITABLE ZONES and thats only in the first 4 months of data out of 155,000 stars scanned with only a mere 0.6% chance of the solarsystems elliptical plane to be aligned so we can see the transit.
(snip)
so 9000 habitable ( Jupiters/saturn size planets and its moons, Neptune/Uranus sized and its moons, or earths, super-earths, smaller than earth planets all in the habitable zones of their planets 9000! of them) for only the first 4 months of DATA?

There is more to this. The habitable zones used for this data are an underestimate. I will repeat what I have said in another post. Remember the habitable zones used for these calculations did not include the outer planets.

Originally posted by Ph0en1x
I know the numbers have been extrapolated and therefore do not necessarily represent the actual number of planets in the habitable zone. However, even if 0.001% of those 500 million planets have a real chance of having some form of life, that still amounts to 5000 planets with life (intelligent or otherwise). That is in our galaxy alone!

This data is bunk. There are far more habitable places. Lets take a look at Saturns moon, Titan - according to this data well outside the habitable zone.

The atmosphere of Titan is largely composed of nitrogen; minor components lead to the formation of methane and ethane clouds and nitrogen-rich organic smog. The climate—including wind and rain—creates surface features similar to those of Earth, such as sand dunes, rivers, lakes and seas (probably of liquid methane or ethane) and shorelines, and, like on Earth, is dominated by seasonal weather patterns. With its liquids (both surface and subsurface) and robust nitrogen atmosphere, Titan is viewed as analogous to the early Earth, although at a much lower temperature. The satellite has thus been cited as a possible host for microbial extraterrestrial life or, at least, as a prebiotic environment rich in complex organic chemistry. Researchers have suggested a possible underground liquid ocean might serve as a biotic environment.[11][12] It has also been suggested that a form of life may exist on the surface, using liquid methane as a medium instead of water; and anomalies in atmospheric composition have been reported which are consistent with the presence of such a life-form, but which could also be due to an exotic non-living chemistry.[13]
en.wikipedia.org...

Jupiter's moon Europa may also be a candidate.

On Earth, liquid water plays this role. Water has some chemical properties that make it particularly favorable as a medium for life, although we probably should not rule out the possibility that other types of liquid, such as organic liquids, might play this role in other types of biology. If liquids truly are necessary for life, then the potential abodes for life in the outer Solar System are quite limited. Europa and Titan both have been proposed to have oceans and are therefore the best possible candidate locations for life in the outer Solar System.
solarsystem.nasa.gov...

So if Saturn and Jupiter, by virtue of their moons, should classed as in the habitable zone then the results of this study are a massive underestimate of the number of habitable planets in the Milky Way to say the least.
edit on 20/2/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

There is some interesting material in that thread found here.

<< 1   >>

join